GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,913 comments
The thing is what if someone was on Lap 23 of the race and the wi-fi connection went out, they'd be screwed and would have wasted their time, that is the main reason I'm not doing it either. Too much work and hassle. But my lap times aren't usually great at the Spa track anyways, and that would be too much work for only 20-30k credits.

Ok, I realised that I could just use the curcuit experience sector 3. Now it does not seem so mysterious anymore.
Thanks. Will
So here’s a strange one, been sat at BB/BA all weekend, got a shed load of wins today and sure I was low B at some stage and then somehow jumped to AA? Let’s just say I know I ain’t staying there but I’m going to use today to get ahead, just finished 4th in a mostly A lobby

Edit. What a salty lot them A drivers are 🤨
I had a similar experience. I only drove race B trial mountain last week (g70 bb+3 or plus 5, TCS mostly 0, except the first 2 corners TCS 1__quali 2.02.3xx) . I went down from. CS to DS, mostly because of being to polite, using indicator right, to show I give way, because of mistake or just too slow, go right, boom punted into the wall +penalty👏👍. Two days later, I think Wednesday, and really not too many races, about 10 races, I was a solid BS and I'm not talking bs😉.. But, I think I had to night races. Against A/C, b/c.. In one race, a A/S driver lost DR points, for coming in 5th!!!!position(red arrow down, red"A"). Sorry, but my opinion is, that this should not be possible. I know it's just math's, but still. If they don't want that the really good drivers drop out before start, in every race at night, that should change.

Besides the first day, a lot of great racing.. Really, 90%clean - super clean races.
.. By the way, not caring for DR much, I just like driving, I go from B-D and back to B all the time. It's the best days with gt since I'm 14. ❤️GT

The thing is what if someone was on Lap 23 of the race and the wi-fi connection went out, they'd be screwed and would have wasted their time, that is the main reason I'm not doing it either. Too much work and hassle. But my lap times aren't usually great at the Spa track anyways, and that would be too much work for only 20-30k credits.
The length itself is not the problem. The problem is that the length is meaningless without changing conditions, with only 1 tire option and no need for changing tires and refueling but with a mandatory pit stop. I do not have exact times available, but for slower drivers who mess up a pit intro or exit, i am not sure if a 1 minute penalty is even a penalty at all. If everyone has only 1 option for tires and no changing conditions you simply do not need almost an hour of racing to determine who is the fastest. With no options/need for strategy it is no endurance race, at least in my opinion. The lackluster payout is the cherry on top. In single player you have a very similar race with a lot of strategy and changing conditions that will earn you 1.5 mil credits in a more interesting race..

The length itself is not the problem. The problem is that the length is meaningless without changing conditions, with only 1 tire option and no need for changing tires and refueling but with a mandatory pit stop. I do not have exact times available, but for slower drivers who mess up a pit intro or exit, i am not sure if a 1 minute penalty is even a penalty at all. If everyone has only 1 option for tires and no changing conditions you simply do not need almost an hour of racing to determine who is the fastest. With no options/need for strategy it is no endurance race, at least in my opinion. The lackluster payout is the cherry on top. In single player you have a very similar race with a lot of strategy and changing conditions that will earn you 1.5 mil credits in a more interesting race..
Yeah, exactly. Pay out 500K cr on race completion, say an extra 50K per position, and suddenly Race C becomes super compelling for a lot more people.

I’d rather trundle round, finish last and get 500K than spend a similar amount of time racing brain-dead AI for 1m.

Oh, I'm not and it's any 50-minute event other than Spa. And anyone with bad wi-fi connection shouldn't enter either because they would be wasting their time. That's all I can say about it. Well it's no point in complaining about it anymore, we have to deal with what PD provides for us weekly.

Loving sardegna! Not sure which car I’m going to settle with, not sure the lambo is up to the task this week, tried the supra and genesis and both handle well too,

Well 5 laps QT in and one race, 1.42.2xx is my starting time, until I see it gave 14th on the grid in AB 🤨

Turned that into 8th mainly because cars keeps spinning out on the corners 😂

Whoa... 24 laps over Spa as daily? That may be tough... With such a long track and only 16 cars on the grid it may get empty after few laps when people will spread over track... I could be wrong but smells like quite boring race. IMO 14 laps is max for such a combo, but even that there must be some fun-factor like random weather + strategy alternatives to keep people interested.

The grid size is definitely a concern.

As usual, people will be picking up free places from quitters looking to cut their losses and jump into another lobby of Race A & B.

I'll make sure I qualify well and hopefully I'll find good reason to get into Sport Mode this week after my previous 7-day hiatus.

Got a 1.40.057 at Sardegna

1928b479e6569-screenshotUrl.jpg

Trying to get into the 39s.

Of course none of this is of any use when a German guy keeps popping up in your lobby, starts in 2nd and keeps hitting you from behind.

4th race (after 3 of these races in a row where he knocked me down to 4th,and span me out twice for a 11th and a 13th) I went nuts and just took him out immediately after he hit me.

Totally worth the 5 second penalty. In my head I said "have that you.....". Still finished 7th even with the penalty 😂😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a 1.40.057 at Sardegna

View attachment 1397403
Trying to get into the 39s.

Of course none of this is of any use when a German guy keeps popping up in your lobby, starts in 2nd and keeps hitting you from behind.

4th race (after 3 of these races in a row where he knocked me down to 4th,and span me out twice for a 11th and a 13th) I went nuts and just took him out immediately after he hit me.

Totally worth the 5 second penalty. In my head I said "have that you.....". Still finished 7th even with the penalty 😂😂
Nice job, my goal is to get between a 1'40.500-1'42.000. That would get me a good time near the top of the grid. That is for C/D lobbies. I guess first I'll try the RSR, then the Genesis X Gr. 3 car. I don't think the Supra will be any good here so I may not use it. I see some top drivers got really fast times with it, but they have more years of experience than me. I've never even heard of Hal, that german guy.

Last edited:
Whoa... 24 laps over Spa as daily? That may be tough... With such a long track and only 16 cars on the grid it may get empty after few laps when people will spread over track... I could be wrong but smells like quite boring race. IMO 14 laps is max for such a combo, but even that there must be some fun-factor like random weather + strategy alternatives to keep people interested.
They made an excelent endurance race at SPA for the human comedy missions.
Its an hour race with day-night-day transition and random weather.

They missed a big opportunity not replicating that race.

Latest Posts

Back