GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,221 comments
Despite not feeling well this week, I've managed 3 race Cs. My 8:13:8xx has been good enough for Q1, Q1 and Q4. Race 1 was a mixed bag from CS to A+S, while race 2 and 3 were mostly A and A+.

Each race has very clean at the front and I've gone P1, P2 and P3. Should probably quit at this rate!

Could have won race 2 but ran out of talent going side by side through the last 2 corners and took out the barrier just before hitting the GP circuit.

I wouldn't be upset if PD had a dedicated daily race at Nurburgring each and every week. It's good for my DR!

I'm living at Nurbs this week. I started out trying to use the 2020 Mercedes but the rear traction in that monster is virtually non-existent with the hard tires and the ice cold track surface.

So I figured I would try something mid/rear engine to get some extra weight over the rears and not as much mass trying to yank me around corners. Tried the Ford, the Ferrari, and the Lambo. Didn't really like any of them, they're too twitchy for me.

I was getting times in the 8:28-32 range with those cars. Grabbed the McLaren and immediately set an 8:22 with it. Ran a few races, had a really good time but realized that the Porsches and BMWs would drag me everywhere. I could maintain speed in the corners but ultimately those two were just quicker.

I gave up one race and grabbed the Porsche. Immediately set an 8:17.

I'm B/S for ratiings and consistently starting at or near Pole. I have no idea how people are getting low 8's here but given they're in the higher lobbies I'm not that concerned.
If we could have The Ring every week that would be awesome!

I have no idea how people are getting low 8's here
Between low B and high B is a huge swing in talent. I would say that B has more variability than any other group.

A+ = 👽 Well they vacation out in the solar system when not driving
A = Attention seekers. Are serious hard core racers that put the practice in to maintain consistency
B = Blimey! Ranges from talented casual driver to a wannabe hard core racer whose skill is just not there yet
C = Casual folks and those beginning out..
D = Dregs :D
E = Exceptionally new! you never know, could be a total beginning or a A+ alien starting a new account (though they tend to rapidly progress through the ranks).

Am I wrong?

Edit: What is a good B word that describes DR B folks? Blood thirsty? Bodacious? Boisterous? :D

Last edited:
Gotta love when you're half-way through a decent lap at N24 and hear the oil go bad...🤬🤬🤬

I know it's not 'supposed' to make a difference. But if that were true, why did I find myself asking what was wrong with my car comin' out of corners? Car didn't sound right and wasn't building rpm's as it should. It was a fractional difference, for sure but if it didn't sound right, it couldn't be running right. Stop by Sir Lube-a-Lot's and, sure enough, oil was at <NORMAL>.

I've always been HYPER sound aware. I attribute it to having really bad eyes and not getting glasses until I was 5 or so. Sound was everything so little nuances bug me.😁

Back to try and get some laps in. Down to 8:22 but pretty sure I can skate around this joint a bit faster.

:cheers:

Every time the full Nurburgring comes up on a daily race I get excited. Then I remember every race there I have is a disaster. This time will be different I think to myself. But, I forge ahead and proceed to have 2 disaster races. I got shoved aside by 2 drivers back to back on the second hairpin. I then spin on my recovery attempt and finish far down the field. Add to that an off track penalty staring me in the face for the entire opening lap. Not fun.

The second race started well enough. I did punt a driver, but they chopped my nose so their fault. Entering the final sequence of turns that transition to the GP track, a driver goes off track, and directly into my driver side door and that turns me enough to go head on to the barriers there. Then a driver throws block on me at the start of the straight after Flugplatz. Total helmet move by them. So, my car is damaged and I fall behind again as I could not find any grip after that. I'm frustrated by all of this and I might be done for the week.

Between low B and high B is a huge swing in talent. I would say that B has more variability than any other group.
B = Blimey! Ranges from talented casual driver to a wannabe hard core racer whose skill is just not there yet
As a wanna be hard core racer whose skills are just not there I feel called out lol.

I just ran Race C in my primary account, didn't qualify thus I started in P16. Finished in P6 but you have to see the bugged start I had to endure...

Absolutely loving Race C this week.

2 races yesterday, one today.

Now if only I can go a full lap without making a stupid mistake like I can when setting quali times.

Finally managed to complete a race without spinning/crashing.

Started 3rd, got into 2nd at turn one and then just concentrated on not making a mistake and only worried about the cars behind me.

Driver on pole had a qualifying lap 10 seconds faster than me so just let them go.

A+ = 👽 Well they vacation out in the solar system when not driving
A = Attention seekers. Are serious hard core racers that put the practice in to maintain consistency
C = Casual folks and those beginning out..
D = Dregs :D
E = Exceptionally new! you never know, could be a total beginning or a A+ alien starting a new account (though they tend to rapidly progress through the ranks).

Am I wrong?

Edit: What is a good B word that describes DR B folks? Blood thirsty? Bodacious? Boisterous? :D

I float between C and D.

Generally too quick for D lobbies, but have some weeks like this week where I start in C but just constantly have terrible races and I go back down to D.

Attachments

• 192bce5809038-screenshotUrl.jpg
    192bce5809038-screenshotUrl.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 192bce5caf688-screenshotUrl.jpg
    192bce5caf688-screenshotUrl.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1
Via GTSH-Rank.com
View attachment 1399972
View attachment 1399973
View attachment 1399974

Guessing:

A: ?
B: Gr3
C: Gr4

But based on the last 2 weeks literally could be anything now (except karts, I remembered Nebuc 🤣)
Interesting, I’d take deep forest over this week, shame they didn’t say DF reverse! Didn’t we only just have a daily and a TT 🤷‍♂️

Race C with x1 and hards, is that going to throw up something?

Please no gr1 deep forest 🤨

Last edited:
Two weeks in a row with every race being x1/x1 and no pit is, uh, interesting.

This feels like a conscious decision with a reason behind it, I don't think they're just randomly just going super vanilla. I just can't think of what that reason would be.

Two weeks in a row with every race being x1/x1 and no pit is, uh, interesting.

This feels like a conscious decision with a reason behind it, I don't think they're just randomly just going super vanilla. I just can't think of what that reason would be.
It feels like they are rebasing everything to start from stuff that has less variables.

My hunch is this is data for rebalancing the BoP and also testing what types of races people are gravitating to or ones that have cross pollination of players trying different dailies.

If the tires in the C races are hard then I wonder what class of Group stock cars PD will choose for this event? I think it might be Group 3 but I'm not 100% sure on that theory.

Latest Posts

Back