GT7 July 2024 Update Prediction

Just go big. If we’re getting a massive update, it could be full of concepts and cars shown on social media by respective owners:
  • Genesis VGT
  • Hyundai Ioniq N Pikes Peak cars(x2)
  • Toyota/Lexus GR GT3 Concept
  • Peugeot 9X8
  • Mitsubishi Starion
  • Lamborghini Espada
  • Porsche GT2 993 PlayStation livery

What's the GT7 record for most cars in an update? Seven? Look at that, one more than seven. ;)

its models celebrate their 20th, 30th, and 40th birthdays!! maybe PD will pay tribute to them!! :bowdown:
01-audi-a4-1998-gris-avg-mk-bd.jpg
05-bmw-m5-1984-noir-avg-mk-bd.jpg
17-smart-forfour-2004-gris-avg-mk-bd.jpg
19-volkswagen-polo-1994-vert-avg-mk-bd.jpeg

maybe PD will
Sure, but what's the reason to predict these cars? One's never been in the series at all, and one's from a marque that has never been in the series at all, so what's the evidence behind these?

If this is just a wishlist, we have a wishlist thread:

Is there a chance that the live GTWS event on the weekend brings us some more special events that showed up on the upper right corner of the start screen in the past? Would something like that need an update?

Sure, but what's the reason to predict these cars? One's never been in the series at all, and one's from a marque that has never been in the series at all, so what's the evidence behind these?

If this is just a wishlist, we have a wishlist thread:

PD paid tribute to the Audi R8 V10 16' during its end of production, why wouldn't it celebrate the anniversary of a 40 year old model!?? and the Skoda brand never appeared (if excuse me update 1.46 April 2024) :))

PD paid tribute to the Audi R8 V10 16' during its end of production
How is an eight-year old car - one facelift and one name change out of date - appearing in the game a "tribute" to the last models off the production line eight years later?
why wouldn't it celebrate the anniversary of a 40 year old model!?
Why is "tribute to... end of production" related to an anniversary of a car's first appearance five or six generations later? They're different events entirely.
and the Skoda brand never appeared
And how many times has an entirely new brand appeared in GT7's life time? Or GT Sport's, for that matter? It's an exceptionally rare thing and there's no basis to predict it'll happen twice in three months.

Skoda had previously appeared - as a logo - in GT6, for reference.

Again, if this is just a wishlist rather than an actual prediction - and predicting that PD will add four cars (two that have never appeared, one from a brand which has never appeared) in one update all to mark decade-anniversaries on the basis that one car once appeared coinciding with the end of its production run seems like the stretchiest of stretches; do you genuinely think this is what update 1.49 will comprise? - we have a wishlist thread:

Just go big. If we’re getting a massive update, it could be full of concepts and cars shown on social media by respective owners:
  • Genesis VGT
  • Hyundai Ioniq N Pikes Peak cars(x2)
  • Toyota/Lexus GR GT3 Concept
  • Peugeot 9X8
  • Mitsubishi Starion
  • Lamborghini Espada
  • Porsche GT2 993 PlayStation livery

What's the GT7 record for most cars in an update? Seven? Look at that, one more than seven. ;)
Hopefully it 7 cars like spec ll update, the dream would be 10 but thats very unlikely. I would be very happy if Ferrari 812 superfast would be one of the update cars, have been waiting for pd to add for almost 2 years.

How is an eight-year old car - one facelift and one name change out of date - appearing in the game a "tribute" to the last models off the production line eight years later?

Why is "tribute to... end of production" related to an anniversary of a car's first appearance five or six generations later? They're different events entirely.

what a coincidence that PD introduced this r8 in GT7 at the same time as its end of production!! This question should be asked of Kazunori!!! not for me !! to read you kaz only introduces recent production cars yet there are a lot of old models from the first update of GT7!!

Again, if this is just a wishlist rather than an actual prediction - and predicting that PD will add four cars (two that have never appeared, one from a brand which has never appeared) in one update all to mark decade-anniversaries on the basis that one car once appeared coinciding with the end of its production run seems like the stretchiest of stretches; do you genuinely think this is what update 1.49 will comprise? - we have a wishlist thread:
I am not predicting absolutely anything, I am linking different real events to the possibility of adding certain models!!

what a coincidence that PD introduced this r8 in GT7 at the same time as its end of production!
It's not the same car though. The 2016 is, as I said, a facelift out of date - and the plus model line became the Performance in 2018.

And again, it's not related to a five-gen old car being 40 this year.

I am not predicting absolutely anything
That rather being the point. This is the July update prediction thread. If you're not making predictions for the July update, this is not the thread you want...

Last edited:
Looking at the posts from the people "in the know" and trying to read between the lines, but I still can't tell if we're getting a new track or not.

I'm gonna be pessimistic and say no track.

3 cars:

-Genesis VGT
-Returning GranTurimo Classic (Nissan R390 GT1 '91 maybe?)
-Some road car

EDIT: I do think that there will be something special about this update so I'm very hyped for the reveal.
Just no idea what it could be.

Last edited:
Looking at the posts from the people "in the know" and trying to read between the lines, but I still can't tell if we're getting a new track or not.

I'm gonna be pessimistic and say no track.

3 cars:

-Genesis VGT
-Returning GranTurimo Classic (Nissan R390 GT1 '91 maybe?)
-Some road car

EDIT: I do think that there will be something special about this update so I'm very hyped for the reveal.
Just no idea what it could be.
Not sure, tbh... if we keep in mind that this very "people in the know" are as silent as a tomb regarding this update (when in other updates they let some things slip) I think it has to be something considerable.
PD won´t want to have any surprise spoiled and I respect the silence all those involved are keeping!. All while devouring my nails in expectation lol.

To keep the spirit of the post I´ll put my predictions.

Audi RS6 Avant
Volvo 270R
Nissan R390 GT1 (road or race car, Idk)
Genesis VGT "R"

Tracks
Gilles - Villeneuve
or
Apricot Hill
or
Midfield Raceway

Tire model update (as in every major update)
Physics model update (same)
Sophy integration in more tracks/events
Some PSVR2 QOL updates (race information) because of all the stupid bad PR PSVR2 is having

I want to be positive. Call it hopium, but I´m an old fart which loves GT7 and is tired of bitching for everything. Life sucks enough to transfer all that energy on my hobbies.

Ce n'est pas la même voiture cependant. Le modèle 2016 est, comme je l'ai dit, un lifting dépassé - et la gamme de modèles plus est devenue la Performance en 2018.

It's not the same car though. The 2016 is, as I said, a facelift out of date - and the plus model line became the Performance in 2018.

And again, it's not related to a five-gen old car being 40 this year.

That rather being the point. This is the July update prediction thread. If you're not making predictions for the July update, this is not the thread you want...
You are right ....

Not sure, tbh... if we keep in mind that this very "people in the know" are as silent as a tomb regarding this update (when in other updates they let some things slip) I think it has to be something considerable.
...or potentially nothing special at all, hence no slips / leaks. There's not even been any noise that it's potentially a big update leaked, just the assumption that it must be simply because PD's way of announcing it is different.

I'm as high on hopium as the next fan but this is PD, they rarely do what is expected. Every now and then that leads to really great surprises, but most of the time disappointment and confusion :)

Le Mans, N24, Spa24 have all just happened, it's very much endurance racing season PD, come on...

I mean sorry, no, I really want more VGTs, no endurance races, just hit us with a bunch more made up cars to never drive please :)

Hopefully it 7 cars like spec ll update, the dream would be 10 but thats very unlikely. I would be very happy if Ferrari 812 superfast would be one of the update cars, have been waiting for pd to add for almost 2 years.
Of course I’m joking with that post, but there’s no way even with my daydreaming, would I think a car list over Spec II will happen again. I’m not even hoping for that many cars in one update. Seriously. It would be amazing for many if we did though.

I still stand by my initial prediction:
Kaz: “Let’s calm them down a notch.”

Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus 2000
Volkswagen Golf GTI 2005 or Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS 1998
Bugatti Type 37A 1928

Scapes
Colors
Golf GTI Menu

Ford LM Test Car V8 Swap for:
Volvo 240
Volvo V40
Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS(if it’s the Mazda instead of the Golf)
Sierra RS 500
Gr.4 GT86

Latest Suzuka Circuit logo
The usual, “Hey guys, we can longer (insert silly thing for PD to delete).
The usual, “Hey guys, we can finally (insert feature that should have been in game from launch).
My other posts are more of cars it would be logical to add with the little info we saw during last month. We know PD don’t work that way. ;)

Call me hopelessly-optimistic, but I'm hoping for:

A new track
Sophy upgraded to work on all tracks
Sophy upgrade from 3-lap races
Sophy adjustable difficulty
Sophy available in custom races?

Couldn't care less about much else. :gtpflag:
I also hope for that + Sophy ability to pit stop and drive in rain

With that it would be read to implement in career mode.

Last edited:
If anything with the Audi R8 V10 plus paying tribute to the final R8 in production, they could add the original 2007 Nissan R35 GT-R as well. It's in the datamine, and makes total sense given the R35 has finally been laid to rest.

Back