GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
I had the same issue. Many of the others that are saying they don't actually do, they're just using a work around to get past the issue, and so am I now ;). @DC5Remy is spot on with his work around.
Yeah that works. I just think its a bit bad software design that we can't do it with settings once and for all. its annoying to have to crawl around in the seat every time a race starts, and hope its in a good position.

Hopefully they will implement some sort of solution, so tall people don't have to do this every time they want to use the headset.

You can readjust your seating position by holding the option button on your wheel or controller. Much like real life, you'll probably want to slightly adjust your seating position in each car. There will be no set it and forget it that is going to best for you in every car.

The headset refreshes your positioning in certain circumstances, and depending on the position of your head this will change each refresh. Also, the technology is not perfect and can lose tracking causing the 'centre' to move.

Even the biggest marketing names in sim racing use a button to centre your view with the headset on, and that's how you adjust your seating position. Be thankful the mirrors are automatically adjusted to follow you, because all the biggest names in sim racing aren't anywhere near as plug and play as psvr2. :lol:
Thats not the only option, if you have a monitor or a TV in front that its centered with your siting position if you use the button to enable cameras to see the "exterior" and use that external to center your head with the TV/monitor works the same way just like holding the options button, that way works for games and OS menus etc and its faster cause you can press once align and push again to go back to VR instead of pressing once for options and after hold it and press again to return to gameplay.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that my avatar doesn’t shift while driving the DeLorean, just keeps his hands on the steering wheel the whole time. I can’t think of any other cars where this happens.

Anybody else notice that the Ferrari VGT has an unusual amount of information you can make use of in VR? On the wheel alone it has a track map, lap time and (coolest) live and responsive tire temperatures for all 4 tires! I noticed when mucking around in Broad Bean and realised my right side tires started turning orange but inside remained green. I assumed they were just repeating the tire wear info, but definitely not (no tire wear in TT). This is very cool- does any other car show tire temp info in VR?!

The main cool thing is you can turn off all the artificial aids and HUD elements, and still get a lot of info from the cockpit. Almost feels worth having a thread detailing that dynamic info each cockpit provides and how usable that info is in VR. My experience is the race cars (esp GT1) often make the information simple and very easy to process (which makes sense given the work load of a real driver). I’m not a fan of any LCD panels (often poor contrast, which is realistic). And whilst I can often not read the numbers on dials, I’m rarely doing that in real life (you just learn what the needle position means).

Last edited:
Anybody else notice that the Ferrari VGT has an unusual amount of information you can make use of in VR? On the wheel alone it has a track map, lap time and (coolest) live and responsive tire temperatures for all 4 tires! I noticed when mucking around in Broad Bean and realised my right side tires started turning orange but inside remained green. I assumed they were just repeating the tire wear info, but definitely not (no tire wear in TT). This is very cool- does any other car show tire temp info in VR?!

The main cool thing is you can turn off all the artificial aids and HUD elements, and still get a lot of info from the cockpit. Almost feels worth having a thread detailing that dynamic info each cockpit provides and how usable that info is in VR. My experience is the race cars (esp GT1) often make the information simple and very easy to process (which makes sense given the work load of a real driver). I’m not a fan of any LCD panels (often poor contrast, which is realistic). And whilst I can often not read the numbers on dials, I’m rarely doing that in real life (you just learn what the needle position means).
I was trying the Ferrari last night and thought the same, very cool cockpit and it certainly looks like it's live tyre temp info.

Hi all,
Not sure if this has already been addressed (I guess so). I always feel that my screen in VR is a little bit tilted. And when I get to the race track it feels also like my ingame head position is slightly tilted which can make it feel odd. So I end up trying to reset my position until it feels more or less okay. But for this I need to tilt my head an reset several times.
Same happens when I activate passthrough. The image looks a bit off.
I assume it's caused by tracking.
Does any of you experienced the same?

Btw despite the problems I'm addicted to GT7 in VR. I can play for hours without having any issues with motion sickness. With VR1 I couldn't do more than 1-2 laps.

Hi all,
Not sure if this has already been addressed (I guess so). I always feel that my screen in VR is a little bit tilted. And when I get to the race track it feels also like my ingame head position is slightly tilted which can make it feel odd. So I end up trying to reset my position until it feels more or less okay. But for this I need to tilt my head an reset several times.

Btw despite the problems I'm addicted to GT7 in VR. I can play for hours without having any issues with motion sickness. With VR1 I couldn't do more than 1-2 laps.
Do you have 'Tracking Support' on in PSVR2 settings? If not, this might help. I think it's not on by default. It adds a border with markings around your tv which gives the headset a clear tracking point. Never had any tracking issues myself.

Last edited:
Do you have 'Tracking Support' on in PSVR2 settings? If not, this might help. I think it's not on by default. It adds a border with markings around your tv which gives the headset a clear tracking point. Never had any tracking issues myself.
It's turned on but that won't help as I'm not playing in front of my tv.

we could make a list. ranging from most info to worst info available

Anyone have thoughts on VR specific updates they'd like to see this month? I'm thinking more QoL changes rather than anything fundamentally different.
For this month I can't see much more than maybe the leaderboard being available as a page in the MFD or maybe the low fuel warning. Long term I'd love to see the ability to save the seating position for each car.

In addition to the other main HUD elements, yellow flag warnings & fuel warnings are also missing. Maybe in the future replace the grayed driver positions in the race options that are used for 2d with VR options for same.

Anyone have thoughts on VR specific updates they'd like to see this month? I'm thinking more QoL changes rather than anything fundamentally different.
Definitely changing the alignment of head/body to move with the car on a camber/incline. It's so wierd to be sitting bolt upright vertically as the car leans away from you on a camber and the side window rotates towards your head. It's a great way of pulling me out of the suspension of disbelief. Worst I've seen was trying rally recently, car pitches up over a jump but body/head doesn't and I'm staring into the footwell rather than also being pitched in the same alignment as the car

You may need to run "Tracking Camera Calibration" in Accessories -> Playstation VR2 menu.

It's turned on but that won't help as I'm not playing in front of my tv.
Is your playing position facing a plain color wall? PSVR2 need surrounding features for camera to track its orientation.
If this is the case, perhaps try facing a direction with things to track or put some decorations/patterns on the wall.

Slight typo in the Gr.1 Mazda LM55
1678961464401.jpeg

Almost as if PD have a phunny bone, but messed up spelling their own pun(polyfonik may have worked better…that’s just me though)
1678961546262.jpeg

Looking at pics of the RX500 all through my years, didn’t realise the ignition was on the door sill. Thank you, PSVR2. :)
1678962090867.jpeg

1678962227915.jpeg

we could make a list. ranging from most info to worst info available
On many cars quite a few dials do things, but I have no idea what! Some turbo race cars seem to have pressure gauges (maybe?), and some seem to have fuel flow. I wonder how simulated all of these outputs are, or some of them might just be random movements?

For the VGTs we can’t even go back to real cars to figure things out! But it’s very neat how much effort has gone into the dynamic cockpit info- heads up displays, dials, digital meters, bouncing wires, blinking lights- I never saw this in flat mode because A) I couldn’t race like that B) you can’t properly look around. On older cars even the analogue mileage meter and clocks are correct and move.

I don't like how on track banking's your body moves yet your head doesn't follow and you seem disconnected from your body until the road flattens out.
Yeah, agreed, but it's a tradeoff to reduce VR induced motion sickness. Maybe if they slightly reduced the effect or gave us the option to switch it off, they could find a middle ground. Your brain already doesn't like experiencing things your body doesn't feel, so adding roll to that on banked turns (or anywhere else on track) will result in more people dealing with the effects.

Yeah, agreed, but it's a tradeoff to reduce VR induced motion sickness. Maybe if they slightly reduced the effect or gave us the option to switch it off, they could find a middle ground. Your brain already doesn't like experiencing things your body doesn't feel, so adding roll to that on banked turns (or anywhere else on track) will result in more people dealing with the effects.
If there was a option in the game to have it set with the horizon or set with car, that would be a better choice, I don't get motion sickness, so I would much prefer it set with the car, tracks like Daytona are a little bit odd staying vertical on the high banking & mess with the immersion.

If there was a option in the game to have it set with the horizon or set with car, that would be a better choice, I don't get motion sickness, so I would much prefer it set with the car, tracks like Daytona are a little bit odd staying vertical on the high banking & mess with the immersion.
Yeah, for sure. I hope they do add the option, but in the absence of that they just (likely wisely) prioritized accessibility over loss of immersion on a couple of tracks.

game desperately needs a spotter. no-HUD is the god given way to play this game.
im only doing daily B right now since you dont need all the info for these.

also, no HUD shouldtn automatically also mean no sound. when all hud is off you dont hear that the race is starting.

Last edited:
I would like to see that the tracking doesnt reset when in pit.
Did a race C yesterday and wasnt really ready when the race started again. So the tracking was ****, needed to look straight to the right to look forward in the game. Was intresting to race like that. Kinda hard to reset in during an online event in Suzuka with all those corners in the start of the lap =)

Last edited:
Back