GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Alright, as promised, here is my first shot at an approximation of what GT7 looks like to me in PSVR 2. The green dot indicates where I am looking.

For reference: I am short sighted at -3.5 diopters, wearing glasses inside the VR headset. The glasses are only a few months old. With the glasses, my optician said I have 20/20 vision. I push the headset as close to my face as the glasses physically allow.

View attachment 1239071

EDIT: The forum downscales attached images. Here is an imgur link. Click on the photo behind this link to view my image at full size.

EDIT #2: FYI, the sweet spot with full sharpness approximately has the diameter of the speedometer in this car. Outside of the sweet spot, things immediately get notably soft/blurry.
Great idea ! I think its'not far from what I get. I don't see the chromatic abberation as much as in your picture and the interior of the car doesn't seem as grainy (I think). When I look far ahead I can see the screen door effect that is missing in your pic.

/!\ To compare with what you see in the headset guys, don't gorget to zoom on the picture so the wheel is about its real size (about 35cm). /!\

Could you do this same exercise but with a couple of cars in front of you + a couple of breaking point meters signs + looking in front of you ?

Last edited:
I´m not white knighting that kind of comments its the main reason i did this kinda on "Rant".., o understand what you mean, but surelly you didnt get my message, but its all good, its a bit frustating when theres always a negative mood in some people comments, its just like facebook when its clear what some people intentions really are, i own a PC so i play all games i can and like including the next Forza when the game arrives.

Anyway all fine lets move on, what i can say its i´m having a blast, by far the best experience i had in any game, i know people that only have a console to play GT its not my case..., its totally worth if people really like cars and racing it totally changes peoples perception and feeling for the cars in the track and also the presence, its amazing to check the cars in the Showroom and what a fidelity, simply amazing.

I give my inputs here, about the sweet spot in my case i had to change the position of the headband, if i put it like they show in the tutorial i dont get the best definition in image, i almost had to put the headband in a horizontal position and found that cause i dont like earpods and the sound of my Regular Phones/headset its far superior so i discoverd by accident when i had to find space in my head to fit my phones..., and what a diference definition wise, it still blured at far distances not like the flat version, but what an experience, i can clearly see the braking points whitout any effort including the distance markers numbers and so on, using the headband in the correct way i coudnt see the numbers on the distance boards and now i can.

I think it as to do whit eye tracking and visual angle, so i suggest people to mess arround with headband angle and always calibrate the headset when you start using it, every time we put the headset eyetracking needs also to be adjusted cause its hard to always put VR headset in same position, hope it helps for people that are having issues with definition.

Great idea ! I think its'not far from what I get. I don't see the chromatic abberation as much as in your picture and the interior of the car doesn't seem as grainy (I think). When I look far ahead I can see the screen door effect that is missing in your pic.
Thanks! Please see my original post. I added an updated version of the image with screendoor effect for the distance.

I can try to rework other images.

My PSVR2 addiction isn´t getting any better ;)

This weekend I finally forced myself to try something else in VR besides GT7 and I´m happy to report that I´m now also addicted to Pistol Whip.

The one thing that is starting to emerge though is that I find the Headset pretty uncomfortable after a while.

Especially in the front where it is resting with some force directly on my hairline it gets really uncomfortable from all the corrections that I do all the time. I keep pushing the headset up.

Going out after a VR session is out of the question - I have to take a shower first because my hair is completely messed up.

What´s the likelihood of some 3rd party solution that kinda changes the fit of the entire thing?

Thanks! Please see my original post. I added an updated version of the image with screendoor effect for the distance.

I can try to rework other images.
gt7-PSVR2_insideheadset.jpg

Not sure to see the difference between the two versions (not seeing any screendoor effect) ?

My PSVR2 addiction isn´t getting any better ;)

This weekend I finally forced myself to try something else in VR besides GT7 and I´m happy to report that I´m now also addicted to Pistol Whip.
And started playing Moss (didn't have chance to try it on PSVR1) and I absolutely adore this game. Beautifull, very relaxing and cute game :D Just bought Moss 1 and Moss 2 collection.

And started playing Moss (didn't have chance to try it on PSVR1) and I absolutely adore this game. Beautifull, very relaxing and cute game :D Just bought Moss 1 and Moss 2 collection.
:) That´s probably next on my list. That or Pavlov.

Last edited:
View attachment 1239078

Not sure to see the difference between the two versions (not seeing any screendoor effect) ?
Yeah, I made it probably too subtle. I'll update with a new version of the image with more screendoor.

EDIT: I updated my original post. I removed the previous iterations of the image to keep the post comprehensible. After all, the idea is to get feedback from enough PSVR 2 users to establish in general whether we all see (more or less) the same.

Last edited:
I'd just be happy if my seating position was saved when pitting. It gets really annoying when qualifying and you have to lean every time you restart. I hope they can come up with a fix where once you start a session of racing, your seating position is saved until you exit out.
I'm 6'1" but it feels like I'm 4'3" when the screen switches to VR. I've had to do the "duck/thrust maneuver" (head lower 1" and forward 2") just before the transition to VR to see over the steering wheel.

Last edited:
Exactly! But that’s messy, PD should just add the option for you to adjust your seat position per car in game like you have in most sims that take cockpit view somewhat seriously.
They need an option for this for sure. They Could just ask how far from your chest to the wheel and adjust all cars accordingly.

I am starting to be concerned about the durability of the materials…playing every day or showing the headset to friends…I don’t know how this thing can last. It’s
Cheap plastic
How do you mean? The only vulnerable part is where the scope connects to the headband. You're not going to break that unless you're aggressively pushing up on the scope while it's attached to your head, or you carelessly throw around your equipment after use (not saying you do). Otherwise, the plastic is pretty tough, and shouldn't break. Before taking it off, make sure your friends are loosening the headset by clicking the knob and pulling forward on the halo, near the forehead pad (and not by pulling the scope).

The only parts that may see unavoidable wear and tear are the forehead pad, the light gasket, the rear pad, and/or the usb C cable. These all snap out and should be easily replaceable in the future.

You can readjust your seating position by holding the option button on your wheel or controller. Much like real life, you'll probably want to slightly adjust your seating position in each car. There will be no set it and forget it that is going to best for you in every car.

The headset refreshes your positioning in certain circumstances, and depending on the position of your head this will change each refresh. Also, the technology is not perfect and can lose tracking causing the 'centre' to move.

Even the biggest marketing names in sim racing use a button to centre your view with the headset on, and that's how you adjust your seating position. Be thankful the mirrors are automatically adjusted to follow you, because all the biggest names in sim racing aren't anywhere near as plug and play as psvr2. :lol:

I think the concern is with the head band and the repeated taking it on and off multiple times daily over say over a course of a year, will the head bands rear plastic knobs gears hold up to to this. Naturally some people won't properly take the headset off or will over tighten the knob maybe damaging the plastic gears. I don't think there will failure with the units electronics, though at the units lenses there will be buildup over time with sweat & accumulative moisture will probably start smelling.

Think I may have found a VR easter egg of sorts
So far it is the only way I have found to self reflect in VR

I posted about the driver reflection in the centre of the Porsche 917LL steering wheel. Lean forward and it leans forward.

I posted about the driver reflection in the centre of the Porsche 917LL steering wheel. Lean forward and it leans forward.
What is interesting here, that is not my helmet livery, and you can stare right at the mirror, do closeups and such
It doesn't work in VR showroom, or on a few other tracks in the same car
I think that was put there for someone to find...

Last edited:
Think I may have found a VR easter egg of sorts
So far it is the only way I have found to self reflect in VR

Have you noticed that if you're in Time Trial mode you can see your ghost in the rear view mirror? Maybe this has been around, but I never noticed it until I was in VR in the RA272 on Grand Valley - but then also saw the same thing (in VR) on Mount Panorama.

Have you noticed that if you're in Time Trial mode you can see your ghost in the rear view mirror? Maybe this has been around, but I never noticed it until I was in VR in the RA272 on Grand Valley - but then also saw the same thing (in VR) on Mount Panorama.
Oh, the ghost of your fast lap in TT's can be disabled, or just press "X" to hide
That is a standard GT feature, you can also define the delta time of your ghost from 0, to 1 sec or so

Last edited:
What is interesting here, that is not my helmet livery, and you can stare right at the mirror, do closeups and such
It doesn't work in VR showroom, or on a few other tracks in the same car
I think that was put there for someone to find...
Same. My helmet is black and the reflection is the default.

You can readjust your seating position by holding the option button on your wheel or controller. Much like real life, you'll probably want to slightly adjust your seating position in each car. There will be no set it and forget it that is going to best for you in every car.

The headset refreshes your positioning in certain circumstances, and depending on the position of your head this will change each refresh. Also, the technology is not perfect and can lose tracking causing the 'centre' to move.

Even the biggest marketing names in sim racing use a button to centre your view with the headset on, and that's how you adjust your seating position. Be thankful the mirrors are automatically adjusted to follow you, because all the biggest names in sim racing aren't anywhere near as plug and play as psvr2. :lol:
But re-centering the view should be independent of your seat position. GT7 has a default head position (camera) inside the car where it sets your starting view, and this should be adjustable per car.

In some GR.1 cars the wheel by default comes pretty much glued to your chest, so you have to lean forward and re-center to give it the proper space. But this is a hack that wouldn’t be necessary if we had per car settings to change the default position of the “head camera” inside de car. That way when you re-center the view is re-centered to the default you’ve set for that particular car without having to perform magic tricks to offset this default position.

Sweet! I’ll check that out.

But the funny thing is that not a single GT7 pilot would be able to get their most basic driver’s license while driving a stick car. They all drive with one hand the entire time 🤣

I am starting to be concerned about the durability of the materials…playing every day or showing the headset to friends…I don’t know how this thing can last. It’s
Cheap plastic
I’m more worried about the longevity of the OLED screens and the cable than anything else.

OLED panels are famous for presenting burn-in for fixed things on the screen and tend wear down blue and red diodes pretty quickly if left at full gain for long periods of time. That’s why I don’t recommend anyone running the screen brightness at 100%, leaving that at 60-70% is safer and tends to reduce the mura effect.

And cables being cables, tend to not be too fond of constant use and eventual abuses. I hope this thing is easily replaceable because it’s probably the first thing that will fail just like mine for the PSVR1 did.

Another thing that is largely problematic is the fact that Sony isn’t planing on selling the controllers separately. So I recommended people to keep them reasonably charged from time to time. The batteries tend to die if they go full drain for long periods of time, and if this happens, you’re soiled. All of my move controllers for the PSVR1 went to the garbage due to being forgotten in a drawer for years.

Back