GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,803 comments
Just here to chime in and say I was always someone who understood why people would use Cockpit view in racing games, but I always preferred Chase Cam. VR changed my life and now every other viewpoint is vastly inferior compared to the VR Cockpit view IMO.

Another aspect of my VR experience that enhances it so much that I cannot live without, is my audio and haptic setup. I have the Woojer Vest 3 which I use wired with some Moon Chu IEM earbuds. The Woojer has a built-in headphone amp which has the earbuds sounding as good as a $300 pair of over-the-ear studio headphones. The vest provides haptic feedback for my entire core that allows me to feel each engine in a way that cannot be described. You just have to experience it yourself. Unbelievable.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am in the percentage of humans that are highly sensitive to motion sickness. I never really played many FPS games because of it. But I have zero issues with GT7 and can play for 8 hours straight if I want to. I learned so many things about motion sickness because of VR. I've watched and read everything that exists on the subject and am happy to answer any questions or help anyone still experiencing problems.
Do you think the haptic vest has helped prevent motion sickness?

Do you think the haptic vest has helped prevent motion sickness?
You know I didn't think about it before but it is possible. The fact that something like chewing gum can help, the haptic vest might be helping too. I will say that I still would experience it in Horizon Call of the Mountain, and I played 100% of that game with the vest on. What helped me with that game was that every 20 to 30 minutes of playtime I would find a good moment where I could safely stop moving and not be vulnerable to an attack. Then I would find a point way off in the distance to focus on. Like a distant mountaintop that is miles away. Then I would keep my gaze locked on that point for a couple of minutes. Then I could carry on. If I remembered to do this at least every 30 minutes or so, I could play for hours and be fine.

Somebody with this kind of problem ? Day 1. It seems a USB-C problem. 3 options
-Wait 1 month for a new PSVR2 , it don't help at all for some players , still same problem, for others it was ok...
-Change for a new USB-C port on your old PS5 , My PS5 is show some oxydation due to seaside.
-Or buy a new PS5 and seel the old one.... I don't know what to do yet , tomorrow i'll call playstation assistance but before i'll try to connect on another PS5 from a guy here in my village.

1704687451150.png

Somebody with this kind of problem ? Day 1. It seems a USB-C problem. 3 options
-Wait 1 month for a new PSVR2 , it don't help at all for some players , still same problem, for others it was ok...
-Change for a new USB-C port on your old PS5 , My PS5 is show some oxydation due to seaside.
-Or buy a new PS5 and seel the old one.... I don't know what to do yet , tomorrow i'll call playstation assistance but before i'll try to connect on another PS5 from a guy here in my village.

View attachment 1317557
When I had this happen on my PS5 ... Lots of Too many USB devices detected, but nothing even plugged in ... It was time for a repair/replacement.

I've had it happen twice. First time my PS5 was still under warranty and I was able to have Sony repair for free. Second time it was not covered under warranty so I traded in my defective console for a new PS5. Just do not do the factory reset like some online guides tell you to try. You won't be able to reinitialize the console since you have to plug in a controller, but your USB ports are bad.

Has anyone got any tips for visual/image settings when in GT7 in VR?

I wish you could change the sharpness, some times of day make quite ugly jagged lines.

I wish you could change the sharpness, some times of day make quite ugly jagged lines.
There aren't any settings that will change your experience other then maybe the IPD.

Make sure to adjust the IPD while looking at something that has a lot of chromatic aberration - black text on white background for example. Don't rely on the software to set it.

Other than that it's all about positioning of the headset.

There's a lot of sharpness to be gained by having the headset in the exact right position.

It can be really hard to find it - sometimes I don't and just deal with a slightly blurrier image.

But when you do get it just right - oh boy.

There aren't any settings that will change your experience other then maybe the IPD.

Make sure to adjust the IPD while looking at something that has a lot of chromatic aberration - black text on white background for example. Don't rely on the software to set it.

Other than that it's all about positioning of the headset.

There's a lot of sharpness to be gained by having the headset in the exact right position.

It can be really hard to find it - sometimes I don't and just deal with a slightly blurrier image.

But when you do get it just right - oh boy.
In addition to what is stated above, I'd highly recommend the following product.

Globular Cluster CMP2 Comfortable Mod for PS VR 2 - Sweet Spot Keeper- Weight Balancer-Soft Forehead Pad-Bigger Softer Anti-Slip Rear Pad

What people mentioned above, increase brightness and saturation both in VR quick menu and ingame on display options to get more clear image also.

Make sure you hair isn't sweeping across as can effect headset positioning. I had get my luxurious locks (see profile pic) trimmed as was effecting vr2 headset positioning.

So I have kind of an off-the-wall question for all you PSVR2 experts. I used that white bag the goggles came with for dust protection while it's sitting on its stand. I had my googles in another location and that bag was thrown out with the Christmas wrapping trash. 😬 I ASSUMED it was some sort of anti-static/ anti-dust material, anyways it worked well for that with the forced-air heating and air conditioning that creates a lot of dust in my house.

Question is if you guys know if it's just some normal cloth bag or does it have anti-static properties too? What are you guys using as a "cover" or bag that doesn't make more dust than it protects from? Looked around on amazon and didn't find anything that was similar. Anyone want to sell me your white cloth PSVR2 bag it came with? LOL

psvr2 stand 1.jpg

BWX
So I have kind of an off-the-wall question for all you PSVR2 experts. I used that white bag the goggles came with for dust protection while it's sitting on its stand. I had my googles in another location and that bag was thrown out with the Christmas wrapping trash. 😬 I ASSUMED it was some sort of anti-static/ anti-dust material, anyways it worked well for that with the forced-air heating and air conditioning that creates a lot of dust in my house.

Question is if you guys know if it's just some normal cloth bag or does it have anti-static properties too? What are you guys using as a "cover" or bag that doesn't make more dust than it protects from? Looked around on amazon and didn't find anything that was similar. Anyone want to sell me your white cloth PSVR2 bag it came with? LOL

View attachment 1318208
I run an residential HVAC design and consulting for high end homes. If your HVAC is circulating a lot of dust when operating you need to install a filter, change it if dirty, or buy a higher performing MERV 11 or 13 filter box. If you have pets check the filter every 3 months.

I live in an apartment with no central HVAC, but I have my setup in a cubbie bin and dust the place regularly

I run an residential HVAC design and consulting for high end homes. If your HVAC is circulating a lot of dust when operating you need to install a filter, change it if dirty, or buy a higher performing MERV 11 or 13 filter box. If you have pets check the filter every 3 months.

I live in an apartment with no central HVAC, but I have my setup in a cubbie bin and dust the place regularly
Yeah it's a brand new furnace with filters. Just the air movement alone that blows dust around, but anyways even if it weren't for that this old house has dust in it from construction and stuff that no matter how much you vacuum and dust, it's dusty again very soon. Constant work trying to keep on top of it.

BWX

View attachment 1318208
Didn’t get a bag with mine so not sure what it shipped with but any sort of lens bag will be fine. B&h photo has tons. I chuck a microfiber cloth over mine and clean it daily with zeiss lens wipes.

Dust: roomba on every floor running daily works well.

BWX

View attachment 1318208
I don't remember mine coming with a cloth bag, but it may have and may still be in the box. Regardless, I bought this months ago from Amazon and it works great for protecting the headset when it's not going to be in use for more than a couple of days.

Last edited:
That's so weird. I bought mine pre-order and was probably one of the first to get them. Mine came with a very nice cloth semi-transparent bag. Now looking, even on the official unboxing video from Playstation they have some kind of plastic type bag in the packaging. Damn.. Now I'm more annoyed it got thrown away. LOL I got some special pre-order only PSVR2 bag and now it's gone. Haha

Only have one half picture of it that I know of.
IMG_1769 (1) PSVR2 bag.jpg

and from official unboxing...
psvr2 official unboxing 1.jpg

Oh well.. It was nice because it was super thin and I could rest goggles on stand perfectly while in that bag and it fit perfectly and protected headset from dust. Edit- I'll pay $20 for one if anyone has one!

Last edited:
BWX
Yeah it's a brand new furnace with filters. Just the air movement alone that blows dust around, but anyways even if it weren't for that this old house has dust in it from construction and stuff that no matter how much you vacuum and dust, it's dusty again very soon. Constant work trying to keep on top of it.
Your HVAC system is probably not designed correctly if your filters aren't removing large amounts of dust...but if you have an old air leaky house you should be more concerned with radon or air being re-introduced from the ground under the house.

If you own the house pay someone to air seal and insulate the house...if your renting, you probably can convince the homeowner to take advantage of some of the Biden infrastructure money to "Green" up the house, lots of money government going into home retrofits

Coming up on almost one year without any major updates to VR or the VR UI, what is everyone's top 3 most wanted features for VR? Mine are easy:

• MORE RACE INFO. I want standings and deltas (for both time trials and race positions) and track postions. Would be cleanest integrated into the MFD.
  • Let me set my head position ONCE for at LEAST the whole gaming session. In a GTWS online race with qualifiers and practice and pitting your head position will reset about a dozen separate times. I can understand why it wouldn't persist between sessions but that many resets in one race is inexcusable.
  • Dedicated HUD toggle on/off hotkey. Self-explanatory.

Coming up on almost one year without any major updates to VR or the VR UI, what is everyone's top 3 most wanted features for VR? Mine are easy:

• MORE RACE INFO. I want standings and deltas (for both time trials and race positions) and track postions. Would be cleanest integrated into the MFD.
  • Let me set my head position ONCE for at LEAST the whole gaming session. In a GTWS online race with qualifiers and practice and pitting your head position will reset about a dozen separate times. I can understand why it wouldn't persist between sessions but that many resets in one race is inexcusable.
I'm not fussed about toggling the HUD, but the other two? Absolutely.

Yeah head position. It’s always off, sometimes laughably so.

I want to be able to set and save it. Preferably individually by car.

Last edited:

These. All of these.

• let us watch VR replays with the full timeline controls, and also let us stay in one position/change positions as we like.
  • since the game knows we are using the headset and knows if we are using a steering wheel, implement hand tracking, potentially also for shifter.
  • continuing on, hand tracking to interact with knobs and buttons.
  • I guess it's the same on non-VR, but why is my driver never using the clutch pedal? Seems to be such a trivial thing to do.
  • let us stay in VR cockpit view when pitting.

• Don't throw us into VR so late before the race starts
continuing on, hand tracking to interact with knobs and buttons.
Interesting idea. It's got me also wondering if they could use the camera to do some sort of augmented view of your actual wheel to make it easier to find the right buttons. I've got the Formula V2.5 which may well be a bit over complicated and cluttered for VR use. I've got the hang of hitting all the buttons I need now, but if it got more complicated and I needed to mess around with the rest of the controls I'd be in trouble.

Just went back to play some vr after not used psvr2 for a while, outside Of gt7 their other enjoyable titles, right now playing through walking dead saint and sinners chapter 2, very fun experince in vr, little simular to dying light in some cases

Back