GTP Cool Wall: 1999-2004 Ford Mustang

1999-2004 Ford Mustang

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's one of the most...actually it's the most common Pony/Muscle "sport" car in my country with this Gen and the 2005 one's Mustang's. It's not really a looker so i will give it Meh BUT because i want my Vote to be counted and not being 0 i just voted it as Very low cool.

Talk about a car with multiple personalities... The high spec version such as the Cobra are mad as Joker and twice as powerful. The cheap spec versions are heavy and sluggish means of transportation that lack the "muscle" in "muscle car". Since I did have a ride on one of these Mustangs, therefore making this my very first Mustang, I'll be respectful and give it a minor cool.

Not even going to waste time sorting out my thoughts about the car itself. SU because why are we voting on another 🤬 Mustang?

because i want my Vote to be counted and not being 0

This is bad math, just wanted to point out.

We're summing and dividing by number of votes. Meh=0 doesn't mean it doesn't count, a vote of meh will pull the result towards meh. Unless you're gaming your vote, if you really think a car is meh, vote meh. If it helps, think of the numbers as 0=super uncool, 2=meh, 4=SZ, works out the same.

(If you're gaming your vote, and you think most people have voted cool but you want the result to show meh, then you'd vote super uncool to more strongly counter-balance the cool votes, that's gaming your vote as opposed to voting honestly.)

SU. It's a Mustang and I don't hide my feelings regarding them. It may not be terrible mechanically but it certainly doesn't warrant a heavenly chorus upon passing as some people seem to think. Let's not forget, it was developed in part to attract secretaries while making use of existing components shared with the Falcon (a car I'd take 30 times over before even considering a 'stang).

It was kinda difficult to decide, the coolness of the Mk.4 Mustang in general varies on which variant it is. The "New Edge" Mustangs are slightly cooler than the SN95s I think, but that's it. There's the base Mustang & GT with their false vents, plus the big wing on the SVT Cobra R, but you have on the other hand the awesome performance given by the SVT Cobras in general. Plus, the New Edge SVT Cobras were the first Mustangs given IRS. They also look quite mean. The New Edge Mustang as a whole can range from being dull to a complete monster. So, I rounded it to a solid meh.

It was kinda difficult to decide, the coolness of the Mk.4 Mustang in general varies on which variant it is. The "New Edge" Mustangs are slightly cooler than the SN95s I think, but that's it. There's the base Mustang & GT with their false vents, plus the big wing on the SVT Cobra R, but you have on the other hand the awesome performance given by the SVT Cobras in general. Plus, the New Edge SVT Cobras were the first Mustangs given IRS. They also look quite mean. The New Edge Mustang as a whole can range from being dull to a complete monster. So, I rounded it to a solid meh.

Just that you went back and forth like a game of Pong. I'd have hated to be in your head while you were sorting things out. :lol:
Oh, I kept thinking it was something else. :lol:
I guess I was overthinking it. I'm not surprised that you would hate to be in my head, it's usually this way for a lot of decisions I make no matter how big or small.

mustang-cobra-terminator-rear.jpg

Sub zero.
For every teenager who brags about his V6 model, there's a backwards hat-wearing, gym rat deuchebag driving one of these.

The only difference is the amount of the salary between the two, but they're both equally uncool.

Talk about a car with multiple personalities... The high spec version such as the Cobra are mad as Joker and twice as powerful. The cheap spec versions are heavy and sluggish means of transportation that lack the "muscle" in "muscle car". Since I did have a ride on one of these Mustangs, therefore making this my very first Mustang, I'll be respectful and give it a minor cool.
That's really the point in the Mustang from day one, Multiple versions one for everyone.
I voted it a very low cool. Its a fun inexpensive car that may be a bit over styled but considering both the 94 and 99 refreshes were on a minimal budget with minimal staff due to Ford wanting to go FWD its could be worse (and this gen had IRS in the Cobras)

I voted SU, but I have to say that was a bit harsh. I'm positive, maybe only 5%, but some owners are real car guys. Plus the SVT sounds great, thrilling to have one come up on you unexpected and first thing you notice is the noise!

Voted cool because my dad had one, and I learned to drive manual on it.

Looked just like this, and it was awesome.
2001Mustang.jpg

The interior of my old Renault Clio looked more expensive than that, and a 2002 Clio isn't exactly going down in history as having one of motoring's great cabins...
While I give the car lot of credit for the original look(exterior) & being really affordable GT car, that interior was ............ 🤬 up looking. :yuck:

I honestly don't know what people are on about, I never met any "New Edge" Mustang owners that would brag about their cars so much. I have 2 friends that own "New Edge" Mustangs and they're great people to hang around with.

Only one person have I met that really acted like that o be completely honest. Another buddy who had a slightly modded GT for a while didn't really do much with it or talk about it. I live at my 1/8th mile strip, I see them everywhere, and the owners are primarily young guys but they aren't stuck up snotty teenagers.

Only one person have I met that really acted like that o be completely honest. Another buddy who had a slightly modded GT for a while didn't really do much with it or talk about it. I live at my 1/8th mile strip, I see them everywhere, and the owners are primarily young guys but they aren't stuck up snotty teenagers.
Because chances are, they're just like you & we've read all the pro-Ford/America/Drag/Power things you've posted in the past.

Because chances are, they're just like you & we've read all the pro-Ford/America/Drag/Power things you've posted in the past.
I rarely speak to them. I observe.

I rarely speak to them. I observe.
Who said anything about talking to them? Chances are, they share an extremely similar mindset to yours.

Mustang owners who chill at the drag strip are 99% likely against anything not American/Ford.

Who said anything about talking to them? Chances are, they share an extremely similar mindset to yours.

Mustang owners who chill at the drag strip are 99% likely against anything not American/Ford.
And what proof you have to back that up?

And what proof you have to back that up?
You claim you hang at a drag strip all day, your proof is right in front of you.

Seriously, I live in one of the, if not the, biggest horsepower-dick-measuring state in the US, and Mustang owners are by far the most cocky, anti-American anything. These are the people who love to talk trash on Imports, but don't dare participate at TX2K or the Texas Invitational because it's dominated by GT-Rs, Supras, & Lambos. I have been around Texas' street racing scene for years now, & the Ford-Edge owners were some of the loudest mouth (& youngest unsurprisingly) folks at calling others out with their Intake & Exhaust modified cars they thought was fast at 350Hp.

You claim you hang at a drag strip all day, your proof is right in front of you.

Seriously, I live in one of the, if not the, biggest horsepower-dick-measuring state in the US, and Mustang owners are by far the most cocky, anti-American anything. These are the people who love to talk trash on Imports, but don't dare participate at TX2K or the Texas Invitational because it's dominated by GT-Rs, Supras, & Lambos.
Ironically I don't find many of them to be that way. Most of what I see here is mild stuff (within reason) and they don't pretend it's something it's not.

Latest Posts

Back