Torque- 419 ft·lbs at 5000 rpm
Curb weight - 1690kg
0 to 60MPH- 4.2 secs.
Standing 1/4-mile - 13.1 secs.
Top Speed- 320 kph (199 mph)
Price: $75,000 to $90,000

With Pitracer's post,
Nominations are now closed.

Please let me know if I made any mistakes in the first post. Because I was unable to find any production timeline data for the Hennessey Viper, I'm afraid I had to skip it. I apologize for this.

Last edited:
Its a W124. (300E bodystyle vs 190E bodystyle.) Except with an AMG built V8 in the engine bay, bigger brakes, better suspension, subtle bodykit.

Arguably the car that started the super sedan movement in the 80s.
Remember, there was a dearth of performance vehicles in the early 80s, and along came the Hammer.

I'm sorry about the delays with this. I've been able to be on GTP a lot, but various things have transpired that have thrown a delay into my update schedule (flash drive with Cool Wall pictures and information died, various computer problems). Things should return to normal next week.

Do you plan on cleaning up the "currently being polled" section in the first post, or are you leaving them up so people can find the threads?

Yes, please explain Toronado. It would be very sad to lose one of the most contributing people on GTPlanet. :(

I could take over but this is not my forte, keeping track of 1/4 mile statistics are. 👍

Yes, please explain Toronado. It would be very sad to lose one of the most contributing people on GTPlanet. :(
Posts per page. I'm not angry or anything like most of the people posting in the two feedback threads, and I completely understand Jordan fixing the glitch, but I simply find it far too inconvenient to bother being an active member when I've had it set to 100 for my entire tenure at the site.

Whoever wants to take this over, let me know and I'll give all of the stuff I have put together. I've gotten a few technical sites with specification information, and I have most of the cars in the nomination queue already formatted (with BB code and whatnot) for posting.

I'm probably going to regret this later, but I'll volunteer if nobody has any objections.

Unfortunately, Toronado's PM box is full, so I can't obtain anything he already had ready to go.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to regret this later, but I'll volunteer if nobody has any objections.

Unfortunately, Toronado's PM box is full, so I can't obtain anything he already had ready to go.
I have it put together as a word document. As soon as I get my other computer running again I can upload it as an attachment.

I know Jetboy expressed interest in doing this before.
Sorry Joey/everyone, hands full with Air Force escapades and Short Racing series development. I would but I wouldn't want to half-ass it either. :guilty:

I can't really do much until I can take over this and the results thread, but I can start polling the vehicles waiting on the list if anyone's interested.

I feel that Joey's set-up with the rules and standards were fine, so I will just reuse them for this thread.

===

To discuss how you define cool or what makes cars cool/uncool please visit this thread by Stotty:
How do you define a 'COOL' car?

===

You may not currently place your nominations in this thread, but please follow the rules.

===

Rules:

* Only one car per person until your car has been polled, then you are free to make another suggestion.
* Please post the model year range the car was made. If you do not post a year range, I will use my best judgment in determining the correct model year range. If I cannot determine so, your nomination will be skipped.
* Please be specific in nominating your car (engine, chassis, etc.), failure to do so will result in a skip.
* Do not nominate any of the exact same vehicles that have already been polled.
* Race cars are allowed, please be accurate about it though. Include team, racing series, etc.
* Concept cars are not allowed, if the car is questionable I'll ask you to prove to me it's in production.
* Only nominations made in this thread will be added to the list, please do not write on my GTP profile, PM me or e-mail suggestions.
* Please post basic specs or a link to basic specs with your nomination (preferably the same specs or easily converted ones like those used in this example), failure to do so will have it skipped over.
* Get your nomination right the first time.
* Cars will be selected in chronological order, so it's first come first served.
* Please try and be original. You are free to nominate anything that fits in the rules but nominating something like a Ferrari F50 is a bit pointless. Like I said though, you are free to nominate how you see fit.
* If your nomination is skipped, I will PM you telling you why I skipped it and offer you a chance to redo it. However, please make a new post with the correct information as I am not going back to the previous incorrect post. Your nomination will also go to the bottom of the queue.

===

How it Works:

* You nominate a car and it goes into the queue, assuming you followed the rules.
* The nomination list will be closed once the queue has reached 30.
* The nomination list will be opened when it runs out and then refilled to 30 vehicles.
* A poll will be created at least every three days, based on the next car on the list. No more than one poll per day will be posted.
* The poll will be left open for seven days allowing member to vote on the four five levels of coolness.
* The level that gets the most votes is what the vehicle is determined to be.
* If the car gets extraordinary results for any option, it will be placed in a special category.

===

Currently Being Polled
===

Nomination List
===

The GTP Cool Wall is not in association with SVX's "GT4 Cool Wall"; please refer all comments on that subject to GTP's GT4 Cool Wall. Please try to keep non-nominations related discussion to a minimum in order to more easily sort through future nominations.

Thanks to Toronado, Joey, and SweetShopUnion for being the former proprietors of the GTP Cool Wall. Also, a big thanks to Joey for establishing the clear rules and standards currently in place.

Last edited:
I've already nominated and had voted on the Rizk Auto, however I'd like to throw in another into the pot, just for the sake of breaking up the typical exciting sportscars.

I'd like to nominate the Saab 900, on the only condition that you use this exact photo:

1987_saab_900_turbo_spg_1.jpg

You might as well just put Cool and Sub-Zero as options. You just can't argue with an image like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back