• Saturdays - Between 3:00PM - 5:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Saturdays - Between 5:00PM - 7:00PM PST

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Saturdays - Between 7:00PM - 9:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now I no for sure the Ford GT is a slug and it wasn't the wheel screwing me at Cape Ring. Back when we were all still testing cars for Season2 I was running 44's at Tokyo with the Jag first time out and before I had much practice with the wheel. I thought it was the car but now I'm almost positive. Tire wear is the problem with it. It understeers so bad and no matter how I tune it, can't get rid of it. Literaly have to be sideways on most of the corners, which isn't fast, to get even tire wear. Driving in that manner just seem too eat away all four tires, not to mention inconsistent and lots of spins. I know the idea was to get it on medium tires but I think adding all that weight has made the cars inherent understeer worse. I bet it was better on the hards with less weight.

Tier 2 Racing
Don't worry Funky, you'll have plenty on your hands fighting my Lambo. :)

Did a 43.7 tonight, however my problem is more of the driver than the car. :guilty:

We really must be a disappointment to our extra terrestrial team mates. :P
But being near the back is more fun.Although me and you should do role reversal and let me beat you for a change.

Now I no for sure the Ford GT is a slug and it wasn't the wheel screwing me at Cape Ring. Back when we were all still testing cars for Season2 I was running 44's at Tokyo with the Jag first time out and before I had much practice with the wheel. I thought it was the car but now I'm almost positive. Tire wear is the problem with it. It understeers so bad and no matter how I tune it, can't get rid of it. Literaly have to be sideways on most of the corners, which isn't fast, to get even tire wear. Driving in that manner just seem too eat away all four tires, not to mention inconsistent and lots of spins. I know the idea was to get it on medium tires but I think adding all that weight has made the cars inherent understeer worse. I bet it was better on the hards with less weight.

Yes that is the general consensus with the GT.It appears some of the car's need re-assessing not only for raw speed but for tire wear and balance as well.Try using the jag then,it is similar to the Aston's me and Mont run.Hexis Racing ftw.:P

Eck. Did a shakedown of the car and track. After 10 or so laps, best so far was a 1:43.1 dead. I can definitely do better. Any tips anyone?

Gave you my tips but wasn't really much.You have been improving noticeably since the first few runs so don't worry about it,I think you will be well faster than me come race time.My time is still a 1.42.5 AND I need to work on my consistency/race pace.

Vold also did pretty well,though I couldn't see in front of his gi-normous SLS (I have problems seeing in front of other's car's any tips?) he is showing some signs of maturity like in that high speed left he knew the car wouldn't fit and didn't fight it too hard.

1:42.352 when behind Widowmaker! Woo-hoo! Gonna check out that practice lobby.

EDIT:: "...signs of some maturity..." (lol) ;)

Yes that is the general consensus with the GT.It appears some of the car's need re-assessing not only for raw speed but for tire wear and balance as well.Try using the jag then,it is similar to the Aston's me and Mont run.Hexis Racing ftw.:P

It all depends on the driver Phil.

From the homologation process I know that Niop and myself can lap any of the cars inside 1/2 second when on default settings.

Tuning the car creates another variable.

Yes true,tuning can change the car alot but the GT run's if Im not wrong 235mm tires in the front at 345mm tires in the rear so it's always going to understeer though strangely on lesser tires it's fine.

And how is tire wear assessed?After 3-5 laps?

Had enough practice for today - consistent 1:41's are the order of the day. Wish my Lotus understeered less... Understeer is a crime.

The Widowmaker
Had enough practice for today - consistent 1:41's are the order of the day. Wish my Lotus understeered less... Understeer is a crime.

What are your sector times? I need to see where I'm losing time.

Next time he practices,we'll stick to his rear bumper and see what's what!...If we can keep up that is...

And yes I saw your front tires gone the previous race,it's kinda like my Aston's tire wear reversed.

Im getting lots of understeer as well, which is weird from a Gallardo. Still stuck at 42's... If it wasnt for GT5's unrealistic tuning settings I would have fixed the car, but instead i must keep making changes at random until I get the right setup. :yuck:

Copy and paste your name if your coming to Saturday's race.

1: Tier
2: Aston MC-1
3: Aston WC-2
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

R1:
R2:
R3:
R4:

4: Niop
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

R1:
R2:
R3:
R4:

5: NEPALII
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

R1:
R2:
R3:
R4:

It all depends on the driver Phil.

From the homologation process I know that Niop and myself can lap any of the cars inside 1/2 second when on default settings.

Tuning the car creates another variable.

Not trying to get a debate going over it, but like Phil said. You can't figure tire wear into consideration on 5 lap stints, especially if your taking the best sector times from each stint. I'm not saying anything to poke at your testing of the cars. Getting them all to be even is some seriously hard work and I think you and the other guys are doing the best you can to get them as competitive as possible. It's impossible to look at all the variables and the inherent flaws of each car will always show up during the longer races and on certian tracks. Just like Phil and Adead ditching the Lexus cause the lack of downforce was killing them under braking. The GT seem to be competetive for about 3-5 laps depending on track. Like I think I qualified 4th or 5th at the exhibition race at Laguna and my times were close to the faster guys. but I only got 4 or 5 good laps out of it. At the Cape with that long Circle turn it ate the front tires for breakfast and I only got about 3 or less laps out of the front tires. And that was trying to fling the rear around basically trying to eat up my rear tires. I'm also aware that I didn't do any tuning or practice for that track. Also Niop agreed with me in an earlier post in this thread right after the Laguna race that he too had front tire wear issues on the GT during testing. Really if you looked at my settings you'd say how the hell could a mid-engined car be understeering that bad with those settings. I have everthing biased toward extreme oversteer. The only thing I havent tried is the reverse ride hieght and spring rate glitch trick that adead has suggested to me.

Hope we can constantly develop the series for the coming seasons,after all this is only the second season.:)
Maybe next season we will see car's even closer in specs and race speed.And Tier can I homogolate a NSX or NSX-R for next season?

5: NEPALII
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

R1: I3ertram
R2:
R3:
R4:

Finally back but school has unfortunately started for me, will participate on saturday unless my teachers decide to F me for the weekend and assign lots of work.

Phil: Doubt the NSX will be allowed as if was never raced and prepared under GT3 regs.

I don't recall the Lexus,Nissan,Lotus or the RUF being in the GT3 series either though..And dosen't seem too unfeasible,just might be down on power.
If not I would be keen to try the R8,Gallardo,M3 or 458 for next season.
Just noticed that the Aston's are 4 and 5 in the series,not bad for a mid season debut!

Last edited:
Back