Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Saturdays - Between 5:00PM - 7:00PM PST

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Saturdays - Between 7:00PM - 9:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lord Voldemort
Guys, I would like to issue a sincere apology for my aggressive driving. Even though it didn't affect your positions, I should have been more careful. However, one thing I can say is that my tires were gone most of the time and I basically slid into people. It will NOT happen at Tokyo.

Race #1 was okay, but I got a little reckless on Rae #2. Please understand that it won't happen again.

I would have a Solid 3rd place if you didn't steal my qualification spot in race 2. That is something I can't understand why you did that. Then you push me off the track at almost every opportune time?

Sorry but that's something I have a hard time forgiving. Doing once or twice is fine but the whole race that's another story. I know your tires were bald, so were mine but did I force you off the road? I sound harsh and I know your young but in a series like this where we race to have fun it sucks for one person not making an effort to drive clean. If your racing to win it's not going to happen with that driving style. Also I'm sure you know I dive-bombed you last lap I'm sure it pissed you off. Well that's how I felt the whole race.

I wish I had replays of me first season. Ask Niop, Phil and Tier. I was erratic and a aggressive driver. I came 3rd first race and 4th the next, losing to stupid mistakes. It wasn't until I cooled myself down and had patience with my driving when I started winning races.

Practice driving at a set pace and learn to pass cleanly. If you have to shove a car out the way, your doing something wrong. I'm done for now I want to move on and forget Cape Ring. Let's move on to Tokyo and hope for a much better outcome.

Got through the replay of race 1. NepalII did cross the finish line in 1st about 4/10s in front of Widow. On the cool down Widow's Lotus actually did an ollie over Nepal's Lambo, wish I could have stopped the replay and took a couple shots. :)

At some point during the cool down Nepal got disconnected which erased his results from the final Race Results menu. So, Nepal's finish time stands, but with his compensation time from Round 2 race 2 applied, his official finish is 2nd.

EDIT: Am reviewing Race 2 for any penalties now.

Race 2 Penalties

Voldemort
Starting Grid Penalty +25 Second Penalty
Qualified 5th, started 3rd. Remember your spots for race 2.

Tier 2
Aggressive Driving
Lap 1, turn 1.
Rear ended Niop, causing traffic jam through turn (again, apologies to Niop)

GTP_CAMikaze
+25 Second Penalty
Turn 1, lap 1. Hit Phil from behind causing Phil to go off track, did not wait for Phil to regain his position.

GTP_CAMikaze
Aggressive Driving +25 Second Penalty
Turn 23, lap 1. Cam rear ended Buckeye causing Buckeye to slide, Cam then tried to go under Buckeye into turn 24 using Buckeye to assist through the turn. Cam, contacting another driver then trying to take advantage of the opportunity created is poor sportsmanship. Contact should be avoided at all costs. If contact is made, you should give the offended driver time to get back in position and resume respectful racing.

This next part is tough. While reading the comments I was ready to hand out another aggressive driving penalty but after viewing the replay, it is not that simple. Listed below are some of the more blatant offenses.

Voldemort
Lap 4, turn 20. Bumped MC causing him to loose control, used opportunity to try to pass with multiple contacts.

Lap 5, turn 14. Bumped MC causing him to go wide, again used opportunity to try to pass on inside.

Lap 7, turn 14. Same offense, bumped MC used opportunity to go underneath him for a pass.

Montalvo
Lap 5, turn 20. Bumped Voldy causing him to slide, used opportunity to go inside for pass attempt.

Lap 7, turn 20. Same, bumped Voldy and tried to go to the inside while Voldy recovered.

Lap 8, turn ?. Again, same offense. Contact resulting in Voldy going wide, MC tried to take advantage going to the inside to pass.

Tier 2 Racing
Montalvo
Lap 5, turn 20. Bumped Voldy causing him to slide, used opportunity to go inside for pass attempt.

Lap 7, turn 20. Same, bumped Voldy and tried to go to the inside while Voldy recovered.

Lap 8, turn ?. Again, same offense. Contact resulting in Voldy going wide, MC tried to take advantage going to the inside to pass.

I am ok with any penalties I deserve I have no excuse for what I did to Vold. I let my anger get the best of me. I knew I dive-bombed him once didn't know there were two more.

Race 2 Penalties
GTP_CAMikaze
+25 Second Penalty
Turn 1, lap 1. Hit Phil from behind causing Phil to go off track, did not wait for Phil to regain his position.

GTP_CAMikaze
Aggressive Driving +25 Second Penalty
Turn 23, lap 1. Cam rear ended Buckeye causing Buckeye to slide, Cam then tried to go under Buckeye into turn 24 using Buckeye to assist through the turn. Cam, contacting another driver then trying to take advantage of the opportunity created is poor sportsmanship. Contact should be avoided at all costs. If contact is made, you should give the offended driver time to get back in position and resume respectful racing.
::readies for the proverbial '..and a boot to the head'::

Saw the replay last night and you're right on those counts. Sorry about that. :(

Watch out for the first turn on R246 come race time, it's a lulu!:scared: Maybe we can have a few practice sessions this week so that we can practice the start of the race?

CAMikaze
::readies for the proverbial '..and a boot to the head'::

Saw the replay last night and you're right on those counts. Sorry about that. :(

Watch out for the first turn on R246 come race time, it's a lulu!:scared: Maybe we can have a few practice sessions this week so that we can practice the start of the race?

Me and Phil practice almost every morning around 10 EST.

CAMikaze
Even though it's only a game, how many race series do you see that practice the opening corner? If everyone is that bit more attentive and careful, it wouldn't happen at all.

Just checked the results and I got compensation time added but Widow didnt? Widow finished 3rd previous race, so he should have 2.5 secs added. Yes, he stil wins but I just want to make sure.

Edit: OH never mind you are right, I was looking at Cape Ring's race 1! Sorry about that. Widow won fair and square.

NEPALII
Edit: OH never mind you are right, I was looking at Cape Ring's race 1! Sorry about that. Widow won fair and square.
;)
Anyway, moving on to Tokyo, has anyone else tested there yet? I've turned some laps, and I reckon it's gonna be a close run thing.

The Widowmaker
;)
Anyway, moving on to Tokyo, has anyone else tested there yet? I've turned some laps, and I reckon it's gonna be a close run thing.

Also Tokyo is my home track so watch out lol

adeadsnipermatt
Also Tokyo is my home track so watch out lol

Even if it wasn't, you will probably beat me comfortably around there. It's a track I like, but as I've said all along, we're lacking grunt

Widow closed in on the championship. Yes, Im gonna have to watch out in Tokyo! This is getting more intense! :)

Sorry if I messed anybody up last night. Not a regular this season so I dont want to screw anybody's season up. Let me say this though, you guys are some fast drivers. And Tier, the GT's a brick!!! Was gonna try the RUF on the 2nd race but the room setting was set to 1250KG. Wow, I was a sitting duck in the GT. I got lapped by you and I think you were in 7th place. Couldn't get that thing to turn if my life depended on it. The circle turn showed it the most. Everyone was driving around me in that thing. Almost have to drift it to get it too turn and that had me spinning out all over the damn place. I'm really not that bad, am I:boggled:?

BOSS Mustang
Sorry if I messed anybody up last night. Not a regular this season so I dont want to screw anybody's season up. Let me say this though, you guys are some fast drivers. And Tier, the GT's a brick!!! Was gonna try the RUF on the 2nd race but the room setting was set to 1250KG. Wow, I was a sitting duck in the GT. I got lapped by you and I think you were in 7th place. Couldn't get that thing to turn if my life depended on it. The circle turn showed it the most. Everyone was driving around me in that thing. Almost have to drift it to get it too turn and that had me spinning out all over the damn place. I'm really not that bad, am I:boggled:?

You should try a different car the GT in general is not too great. I would say try the BMW or the GTR. It good to see you back tho can't wait to see you next week.

How does the compensation time thing work? Last I know I was 3rd for Race 1 but got bumped down. :/

slzk
How does the compensation time thing work? Last I know I was 3rd for Race 1 but got bumped down. :/

Top 3 drivers receive a compression time from the position of the previous race. So if you place third on race 1 you will have 2.5 seconds added to the following race
Second place gets 5 second added to their next race.
First gets 7.5 seconds added to their next race.

Last edited:
adeadsnipermatt
Top 3 drivers receive a compression time from the position of the previous race. So if you place third on race 1 you will have 1.5 seconds added to the following race
Second place gets 3 second added to their next race.
First gets 7 seconds added to their next race.

Oh right. That solves everything. Looking forward to Tokyo!

slzk
Oh right. That solves everything. Looking forward to Tokyo!

I got the times wrong it's
1st: 7.5
2nd: 5
3rd: 2.5

Also everyone I have something will help race two run more smoothly.
During the break immediately get on the track drive to the starting grid and park your car by hold your brake then press the pause button. That will ghost your car and allow you to do what ever you need to do without your car being disturbed during the 10 minute break. Also it will allow us to check on all the cars, making sure everyone is in the correct order.

Last edited:
Tier do you have the statistics from the Tokyo exhibition first season? I want to see if I have made any improvement from first season.

adeadsnipermatt
Tier do you have the statistics from the Tokyo exhibition first season? I want to see if I have made any improvement from first season.

What times are you running on Tokyo?

Last edited:
adeadsnipermatt
I used to run 1:40's in my ferrari first season. I haven't tested out my Aston for this season.

Ahh. I'm worried about the straights though. The R8's not as competitive on straights as the other cars.

slzk
Ahh. I'm worried about the straights though. The R8's not as competitive on straights as the other cars.

No you'll be shortage my rival back in Season one use a Audi R8 at the same specs as your he qualified second with a 1:40 as well it came down to the driver at that point. And my ferrari at the time had 518hp and weighed 1219kg on mediums.

I know that very feeling!
Still, I've got the 'Murph' technique pretty much nailed down now

Yes! Also I want to put my foot on the dead pedal like Murph but because of my stupid pedal setup I just have to leave it on the floor.What times are you running on Tokyo?

Back