++++++ GTP Le Mans Prototype Championship - Season 2 - Complete !! ++++++

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 829 comments
i did 3:35s for 5 laps ... untill i turned of my mic was able to managed a faster time and keep up with golfer

Yeah something was definately very odd on lap 6 for AS. Don't know what so I won't go further. All the other laps are WAAAY slower. I mean it was usually around 240 down the straight for him. Then 265. Then it was 220s. Odd. But anyway Jake we should look at the important stuff. Thundersport are third!! Although it was expected when mu675 was down the field and Eric didn't show. But at least we are Team Peugeot Total next time

i did 3:35s for 5 laps ... untill i turned of my mic was able to managed a faster time and keep up with golfer

All I'm saying is that the pace for the first 5 laps was slower than normal for everyone, and maybe the track coming to you and turning your mic off both helped.

Bermuda is nearly allways faster than me in the dry at LeMans. The way i was able to catch him down the straight and then leave him, all of which means i am convinced something was wrong tonight.

I have watched AS laps before on other replays and he is so smooth, fast, controlled and good to tyres is something we could all learn from.

I want that setup ;) You can see the fastest lap time in the top right corner if you can't see the small version of it.

BTW, aren't we getting a new thread for the pre-season to discuss the new restrictions, cars and teams? This one is getting huge.

I guess I'll turn off my mic in the next season.

the mic thing helps with lag, thats why paginas turns his off for the race it. frees up some more bandwith. It doesnt make you faster, just makes your car less laggy for other around you.

But my car was not bouncing around on the track, or lagging. So i dont know if turning off my mic did anything. I was only driving like mad and could only make a 3:35 after the track did dry out. My entry speed for the corners was fine & i was on my pace, but when i looked at my sector times i was like WTF?

2nd sector after the first chicane i usually have a time around 1:02 i was @ 1:07+

the mic thing helps with lag, thats why paginas turns his off for the race it. frees up some more bandwith. It doesnt make you faster, just makes your car less laggy for other around you.

But my car was not bouncing around on the track, or lagging. So i dont know if turning off my mic did anything. I was only driving like mad and could only make a 3:35 after the track did dry out. My entry speed for the corners was fine & i was on my pace, but when i looked at my sector times i was like WTF?

2nd sector after the first chicane i usually have a time around 1:02 i was @ 1:07+

pretty weird.

no doubt

im gonna create a Season 3 Thread for Ideas and some interest . if you have anything you would like to suggest for S3 put it there or ill probably forget it.

BTW, aren't we getting a new thread for the pre-season to discuss the new restrictions, cars and teams? This one is getting huge.

What are we at, almost 800 posts?

So should I drive the Pescarlo or the R10? Give or take the money I'll be able to get and if I can find the Pescarlo.

What are we at, almost 800 posts?

So should I drive the Pescarlo or the R10? Give or take the money I'll be able to get and if I can find the Pescarlo.

r10 you'll be a lap car every race within 5 laps, esp with AS running 30 second laps at la sarthe LOL

I'm investigating AyrtonSchumacher's race collecting a bunch of data while watching the replay.

I'll be in touch in this thread and with Bermuda with my findings.

Nash_027
I have watched AS laps before on other replays and he is so smooth, fast, controlled and good to tyres is something we could all learn from.

He also puts all four wheels off the track. Consistently. Look at Monza pics.

Last edited:
UNOFFICIAL RACE REVIEW FROM MIKETHEHOCKEYFAN:

Lap times:

Lap-by lap comparison between Bombe's laptimes and AyrtonSchumacher's laptimes. The one and only anomaly is the lap 6 time set by Ayrton.

5w9RI.png

l8SPl.png

Stopwatch:

AyrtonSchumacher's best lap time of 3:07 checks out using a stopwatch to time the lap. The time GT5 reported for his lap 6 is accurate. This was reviewed because GT5's multiplayer live timing and scoring screen will post a laptime for a driver, than it will change after the next driver crosses the line. Assuming this is to figure out the actual laptime as accurately as possible, while accounting for lag.

Conclusions:

• Ayrton's laptime is indeed a genuine anomaly against the rest of the lap data

[*]But there is no supporting evidence of cheating/hacking beyond the laptime and a very glitchy replay lap showing speeds in excess of 400 km/h on the long straights

[*]Nor is there any precedent for hacking that would result in a lap like 6, at least that I know from GT5 online racing

[*]There are, however, many precedents for GT5 multiplayer races producing unexpected laptimes (both faster and slower than pace), car handling and speed characteristics anomalies, and even finishing order discrepancies

[*]No previous infractions from AyrtonSchumacher

Cliff Notes Version: It's strange, but it's not punishable and it's not an excuse to start a ****storm. All the data I can gather from laptimes is inconclusive.

UNOFFICIAL RACE REVIEW FROM MIKETHEHOCKEYFAN:

Lap times:

Lap-by lap comparison between Bombe's laptimes and AyrtonSchumacher's laptimes. The one and only anomaly is the lap 6 time set by Ayrton.

5w9RI.png

l8SPl.png

Stopwatch:

AyrtonSchumacher's best lap time of 3:07 checks out using a stopwatch to time the lap. The time GT5 reported for his lap 6 is accurate. This was reviewed because GT5's multiplayer live timing and scoring screen will post a laptime for a driver, than it will change after the next driver crosses the line. Assuming this is to figure out the actual laptime as accurately as possible, while accounting for lag.

Conclusions:

• Ayrton's laptime is indeed a genuine anomaly against the rest of the lap data

[*]But there is no supporting evidence of cheating/hacking beyond the laptime and a very glitchy replay lap showing speeds in excess of 400 km/h on the long straights

[*]Nor is there any precedent for hacking that would result in a lap like 6, at least that I know from GT5 online racing

[*]There are, however, many precedents for GT5 multiplayer races producing unexpected laptimes (both faster and slower than pace), car handling and speed characteristics anomalies, and even finishing order discrepancies

[*]No previous infractions from AyrtonSchumacher

Cliff Notes Version: It's strange, but it's not punishable and it's not an excuse to start a ****storm. All the data I can gather from laptimes is inconclusive.

I agree with this and I think we should just take note of it for future reference. Thanks for your time Mike :)

I like seeing the laptimes plotted on a graph...you can really see the tires affecting laptimes as they wear out.

Wish GT5 could export race statistics to text file or CSV.

Anyone watch some of my first laps? i pushed like mad and the car felt like a totally new car in the corners :(

I saved the replay, I'll take a look at it. I am curious how you were doing.

By the way, where'd you go at the end? I passed you when you went to the pits but you started to fall behind and I lost track where you were.

Anyone watch some of my first laps? i pushed like mad and the car felt like a totally new car in the corners :(

The track was damp first lap or too after the green. Nothing showed up on the ground (mist from tires) but I notice the same first few laps (car pushed like a wet track).

Tied for 13th in the standings... hopefully I can improve next season

Last edited:
How about this? I just have to find it though.

wonder how this compares to the one I drove this season. I thought there was only one JUDD when I bought it and decided to use it this season, but I got the GV5 04 one. Still haven't decided what to use next season. I prefer to use a less used car, but want to team up with someone. Going to try to pickup a 787b and see if I can drive it, if so team up with razor next season for team wankel, lol.

Yes I think that lap was a glich. Forgot to save the replay after running out of fuel. I seen that crazy time was alot fast than all the other ones but couldn't give it too much thought when pushing hard. Slipstreams on all the straights? Can't remember. Oh no that's right I remember now. "I was cheating" and that's why you all are so slow. You wish. lol. Bombe do you want to be teammates next season? I think I'm going to race that old rust bucket Jubb I raced before these two seasons. My computer is on the blink so I can't post much but can read. Good back markering guys. Practice makes perfect. lol. Well done Bombe and good work Mike. You the funniest guy here. Mach Webbaahh. Brill.

Back