GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had a lot of running today with MU, ghova and briefly AS. Started off bad after not going on GT5 for the last week since season 2 finale but as the day has gone on ive got back in the groove of racing. MU also tested how strong the rear end of a GT one is at parabolica lol.

I stopped playing GRID when people took me out because I was first and they were last.

Description of Online GRID: First corner survival.

Anyways, I hope I get in some practice of myself. Have the tracks been chosen yet? I guess I'll check the OP.

Just checked, you forgot the "d" in Mazda. Just had to point that out.

Had a lot of running today with MU, ghova and briefly AS. Started off bad after not going on GT5 for the last week since season 2 finale but as the day has gone on ive got back in the groove of racing. MU also tested how strong the rear end of a GT one is at parabolica lol.

*grins*

It was an accident lol. Similar to the Alonso/Hamilton incident at Malaysia. I was in your slipstream and just as I was about to go to the right you braked. My bad, I misjudged it badly.

*grins*

It was an accident lol. Similar to the Alonso/Hamilton incident at Malaysia. I was in your slipstream and just as I was about to go to the right you braked. My bad, I misjudged it badly.

Yes extremely badly lol. It takes a hell of a hit to hit me all the way to the wall. I think if I hadn't been in your way you would have been the one in the wall. You braked extremely late but hey who cares. It was a fun couple of races.

Wasn't the first corner. It was long beach full in F3 cars. Loads of wrecked pieces at the start/finish line as I finish lap 1 in the lead by about 25 seconds. One guy hides in all the wreckage and when I drive past he dirves towards me. We collide with a closing speed of over 250mph but he moved so late I had no where to go. What a 🤬, when anyone designs a game where doing that because your race is rubbsih ruins the race of the best guy in the race, I mean Codemasters just designed Burnout on racetracks. Too many idiots brought the game. GRID is the result. F1 2010 and GT5 work because if you don't care for racing properly, you won't make half a lap without giving up. Only the true racers remain. Like you guys 👍

Yeah, Jake, if you are running the blue 908 I'd be happy to be your teammate this season. We can PM setups and such during the week prior to each race.

If everyone sort of switched to other cars, that should work out fine. I may not make every race this season though (i'll be there for most at least, maybe all), just letting you know in advance. setups and all that is open book with me, I'd be glad to share.

Wasn't the first corner. It was long beach full in F3 cars. Loads of wrecked pieces at the start/finish line as I finish lap 1 in the lead by about 25 seconds. One guy hides in all the wreckage and when I drive past he dirves towards me. We collide with a closing speed of over 250mph but he moved so late I had no where to go. What a 🤬, when anyone designs a game where doing that because your race is rubbsih ruins the race of the best guy in the race, I mean Codemasters just designed Burnout on racetracks. Too many idiots brought the game. GRID is the result. F1 2010 and GT5 work because if you don't care for racing properly, you won't make half a lap without giving up. Only the true racers remain. Like you guys 👍

Now to get rid of those who quit the race when last.

I love F1 2010 but everytime you touch someone or someone touches you, everytime there is a spin. But when you get a lot of fair racers together it is extremely fun. That's why I've joined a league in it. Not too many people were playing it when GT5 came out but it has picked up a lot since the F1 season started again.

Lol, at times it could feel like that, but if you got used to it you could avoid most of them. I think I had a win % of 47% in 5,000 online races in GRID, so I got some experience in avoiding crashes :)

So, three tracks decided already. No big surprises there. I just hope we would skip Daytona this time.

bermudakid
I havent decided on the weight limits yet, the 905 is one the fastest cars out of the corners if someone decides to use it, i will probably only give it 10 kg of weight.

I said I might be using the 905 if I could make it to the races.

GT5_X2010
Indy Road Course is fun. SSR5 would be interesting. We could do with a tight street circuit

For a tight street course, nothing beats monaco, lol. Would be absolutely crazy. I'm horrible at that track, Racing ferrari f1s there last night 2 out if the 4 laps I crashed, lol.

As for SS5, its a fun track bit don't think it would be great racing. Maybe try it out during a practice with at least 10 cars and see how it plays out.

Lol, at times it could feel like that, but if you got used to it you could avoid most of them. I think I had a win % of 47% in 5,000 online races in GRID, so I got some experience in avoiding crashes :)

So, three tracks decided already. No big surprises there. I just hope we would skip Daytona this time.

i love daytona road :(

ill make a vote.

i think me an tissimo tried SSR5 one day, it would be terrible to drive lmps there. No place to overtake because if you get off the right line your gonna hit a wall. Its like driving round monaco except with a long straight.

hmm.. I voted for cape ring, but iirc I was testing the R10 there and the jump would cause a big wreck, lol. If you dont hit it perfect / brake on time your in the wall or spinning out.

I would substitute my cape ring for fuji. But I never get those final few corners right on that track, lol. I think Nurburgring GP/F should be on there.

Last edited:
I voted for Indy road, Monza and night race :) But really, I do not hope that Indy is going to be in the season either, but Grand Valley. I hope you already decided to use Grand Valley since it's not on the list - it could host a great race, I know the two Peugeots and I were having a good race Saturday, until they decided to go off the track together, lol :D

oh yea, i forgot about grand valley. i havent driven there but everyone else likes it so ill put in the season

I voted for night only race, Indy road course and Cape Ring. Personally, Cape Ring will work if you use one of the minor variations of the circuit. The best one is the south circuit as it offers two low speed technical corners, there is the down hill, up hill section at turns 2,3,4 and then there is the high speed and downforce right hander. The straight is also an excellant place for overtakes. Very wide as well. Good job we aren't doing FGTs there because cold tyres after a pit stop and up hill straight after the pit exit almost always results in a spin. LMP cars are longer making them better.

I voted night only race, Daytona road and monza. Everyone seemed quite annoyed with monza last season but hopefully everyone's learnt from it and I didn't get the chance to do it last time. Daytona road course I MUCH prefer to Indy although some are getting bored of it.

yea monza pissed everyone off.

im updating the Original Post slowly, ill make a new thread when i finish.

there will be a more "official" Pre-Season / testing race this weekend. New guys must participate in it if they want to race in the season.

What was the issue with monza? I joined the season after that race.

I probably won't be able to race this weekends preseason.. Might be out if town. I'll know for sure by wednesday

I voted for night only race, Indy road course and Cape Ring. Personally, Cape Ring will work if you use one of the minor variations of the circuit. The best one is the south circuit as it offers two low speed technical corners, there is the down hill, up hill section at turns 2,3,4 and then there is the high speed and downforce right hander. The straight is also an excellant place for overtakes. Very wide as well. Good job we aren't doing FGTs there because cold tyres after a pit stop and up hill straight after the pit exit almost always results in a spin. LMP cars are longer making them better.
Those chicanes on the Cape Ring variation are as bad as the jump or Monza is for online racing. People will invariably get butthurt if they try to go in there fighting for position.

I think a custom track using the Eiffel theme could be designed for LMP cars.
That easily makes for a new time-change / weather-change course for the season.

EDIT: I don't mind Daytona Road at all. Wish it had a frigging day/night transition.

Last edited:
MikeTheHockeyFan
Those chicanes on the Cape Ring variation are as bad as the jump or Monza is for online racing. People will invariably get butthurt if they try to go in there fighting for position.

I think a custom track using the Eiffel theme could be designed for LMP cars.
That easily makes for a new time-change / weather-change course for the season.

Can you share tracks though? If someone made a custom how would others practice?

I have two course creator tracks at Eifel. They are both epic. One is possibly the best rack in the game and the other is amazing but I am yet to learn it. My first one is called Dog Circuit because it looks like a dog. Very good in LMP cars. The other is on the side of a mountain so you get the idea about that one.

I have two course creator tracks at Eifel. They are both epic. One is possibly the best rack in the game and the other is amazing but I am yet to learn it. My first one is called Dog Circuit because it looks like a dog. Very good in LMP cars. The other is on the side of a mountain so you get the idea about that one.

Have you shared that track, so that some of us can try it out? :)

I voted for Indy Road rather than Daytona Road. I found Daytona quite boring last season tbh. I think there are also more overtaking spots on Indy Road because Daytona Road is quite tight and narrow. I also voted for Monza as I think it will be very fun but I have heard about what happened last season. Jamman will not be looking forward to having me on his tail at parabolica that's for sure! Finally I voted for Cape Ring as it will be a completely new track on the calendar. I also think it may have the potential for some good wheel to wheel racing. Depends on the variation of course.

Bermudakid, when and at what time are you thinking the pre season testing is going to take place??

Thanks

DiegoC1980

Back