GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing we should be testing today is whether there is any difference between running the races in Bermuda's lounge vs an open lobby. I know I have seen differences between the two as far as connection quality goes in other series.

Is there a pre-season race today? Sorry I can''t be bothered to read through the last few pages.

One thing we should be testing today is whether there is any difference between running the races in Bermuda's lounge vs an open lobby. I know I have seen differences between the two as far as connection quality goes in other series.

And what exactly are the differences? I know that the lounge has helped me actually participating in the races, instead of just raffling and hoping.

And yes, MU, I think there are two races tonight, La Sarthe 05 and Grand Valley, same time as last season.

If it's a lounge then a lot of us won't be able to make it because bermuda's friends list was full last time I checked.

bombe32 can you tell me how late and which GMT i wasn't in the series before , thx
There will be a pre-season race this weekend, 2 races first race is la-sarthe 2005 - 10 laps next race will be Grand Valley Raceway 10 laps.
I may be there, but i might be busy.

Please post if you will be there, Race time is the regular time from Season 2. 2PM est which is 1900 GMT. a quick quali race once everyone is there, no waiting till 2:30 once everyone is there we will just start

If it's a lounge then a lot of us won't be able to make it because bermuda's friends list was full last time I checked.

You can join via someone else. You got me on your friends list and then you can go into the community tab and see where I am and join from there. That's an alternative.

Aaaah no!! Guys, I really want to watch Britains Got Talent today and it is 20 mins after the practice races begin. I'll tell you what. I'll watch it in my room (tech pit my bedroom is you should see what I have in there) and I will also be in the room with you guys watching the race. Hopefully Britains Got Talent will be useless and I will hate Micheal McIntyre and then I will race the Grand Valley with you lot.

I'm not racing today, just satyed up all night, playing GRID for 12 hours... I need sleep. Sorry for not posting here for awhile. I'll look through all the pages I missed out on thoroughly to catch up.

I see people are wanting the C9 now? I quit becuase you obviously saw how I did with it. Plus compard to you gus using your steering wheels G20 whatevers and me with my little dualshock controller. If only the tade restriction weren't on, C9s pop up in my UCD so much these days... I've seen 4 in the past week. Oh well, good luck to those trying to get it.

Last edited:
I'm not racing today, just satyed up all night, playing GRID for 12 hours... I need sleep. Sorry for not posting here for awhile. I'll look through all the pages I missed out on thoroughly to catch up.

I see people are wanting the C9 now? I quit becuase you obviously saw how I did with it. Plus compard to you gus using your steering wheels G20 whatevers and me with my little dualshock controller. If only the tade restriction weren't on, C9s pop up in my UCD so much these days... I've seen 4 in the past week. Oh well, good luck to those trying to get it.

I thought people had stopped playing GRID after all those years now. Epic game though, excellent online gaming!

I don't use a wheel, and looking at MU's signature, he doesn't do either. But we are doing okay anyway ;)

The Sauber was just the fastest today. I don't think anybody is changing to it, but I was just wondering why no one had considered it as it has always done great in Gran Turismo. It's not as good on La Sarthe as Grand Valley though, it only has 5 gears, which very often is costly on La Sarthe.

I thought people had stopped playing GRID after all those years now. Epic game though, excellent online gaming!

I don't use a wheel, and looking at MU's signature, he doesn't do either. But we are doing okay anyway ;)

The Sauber was just the fastest today. I don't think anybody is changing to it, but I was just wondering why no one had considered it as it has always done great in Gran Turismo. It's not as good on La Sarthe as Grand Valley though, it only has 5 gears, which very often is costly on La Sarthe.
Sauber is a good car, I drove it at least once in Season 1.

It was always a bit of a beast to control, accelerating through the low RPMs, though. I am still undecided as to what car I want to drive this season.

Peugeot 908 if the regulations remain the same, or a Group C if the HP limit is raised.

Where is this "test race"?? This is not listed on the original post. Am I required to enter this?

I could use the Sauber Mercedes, I just bought it. Its not any slower than 787B.

Ok hey guys,

Season testing today, ill be in my lounge right now, everyone is welcome to join now if they want. Ill be testing hp limits and our two pre-season races will be at 2:00 pm est.(1900 GMT) La Sarthe 2005 and grand valley. I need to get some good input before i set a limit for cars in Season 3.

See you there
BK

sorry guys, won't be in race today as I'm not home. But will be around tomorrow if anyone wants to test.

After goofing around with the Group C cars this week I think I'll be sticking with the Team Peugeot 908 (Total) that I drove last season. We can have 4 total, two of each livery, and I think enough people have switched cars now.

Had a good run on La Sarthe with Team Wankel taking 1 & 2, but Grand Valley needs lots of work on setup, backend wants to go way faster then the front, lol.

After goofing around with the Group C cars this week I think I'll be sticking with the Team Peugeot 908 (Total) that I drove last season. We can have 4 total, two of each livery, and I think enough people have switched cars now.

So, you will team up with Jake? I don't think he's changing either.

BK, I still have my suggestions:

No weight limit. The 905 sucks, with or without 20 kg of ballast. Same goes for the 787B, except it doesn't suck, but 10 kg doesn't do wonders.

HP limit: After trying out various version... who cares. 900, 740, 838, it all seems the same. But I would still ove to raise it a bit. The slipstreaming wasn't very effective on Laguna Seca, but on La Sarthe it was back to normal, really effective.

And now I want to know: Could you see me in the La Sarthe race? I'm just wondering because you bumped into me on the long straight three times...
----

I think almost everyone have a team now, don't they? Two Minoltas, two 908 Totals, two 908 Matmuts (or R92CP, depends what they choose), two 787Bs, two GT-ONEs and two R8 Orecas. Unless anyone changes the next week, that's what we have :)

sorry guys, won't be in race today as I'm not home. But will be around tomorrow if anyone wants to test.

I'll do some testing with you. Tell me when your ready over PSN.

Brief words my Pescarolo performance based on the race at Le Sarthe and a laps of free practice at Grand Valley:
In the first lap of Le Sarthe I was clearly keeping up with the rest of the pack when I was running at the front. The main reason I suspect is that the slipstream clears out the problem of mid-high end acceleration being poor. In to turn 2 it was about 4 cars wide, the game gave me a penalty and bam, I drop to sixth or something. Then I could keep up with the other cars provided I make no mistakes and sit in the slipstream however the moment the car looses that slipstream I just fall further and further back so please don't give a ballast to my car because it would just ruin it for me. The 4 laps I did at Grand Valley were the some of the most joyous laps I had ever done in this race series, because I was actually competeing for the fastest lap with Razor's 787B. I claimed fastest lap with about 2 laps of total practice in that car on that track. When I had to leave I was 0.6 off the pace which, for me, is excellant.

Oh yeah, I thought I should just say, the first lap at Le Sarthe and tthe 2 laps battling with Allin (is atcually possible to put us two in a race series without us two battling relentlessly on track at all?) were THE MOST ENJOYABLE LAPS I HAVE DOE IN ANY RACING GAME EVER. Even though it was low down the field for most of the laps, I'd just like to thank Bermuda for that because I just couldn't stop smiling driving that car on that track against all of you guys. Your the best. If it was less enjoyable and I wasn't laughing my head of with joy then I might of been able to stop the car on time for turn 2, lap 2.

Last edited:
No weight limit. The 905 sucks, with or without 20 kg of ballast. Same goes for the 787B, except it doesn't suck, but 10 kg doesn't do wonders.

HP limit: After trying out various version... who cares. 900, 740, 838, it all seems the same. But I would still ove to raise it a bit. The slipstreaming wasn't very effective on Laguna Seca, but on La Sarthe it was back to normal, really effective.

And now I want to know: Could you see me in the La Sarthe race? I'm just wondering because you bumped into me on the long straight three times...
----

I havent decided on the weight limits yet, the 905 is one the fastest cars out of the corners if someone decides to use it, i will probably only give it 10 kg of weight.
Same for the 787B
i havent decided on the GT-One as it faster on the straights than everything else.

I like the draft the way it was on laguna . No car can be in someones draft and go 30 mph faster. I think its a bit crazy at la sarthe. Right behind someone i can keep up in their draft at half throttle.

and i could see you, i was going to nascar style push you faster so we could catch the leaders, but you didnt line up with me so i figured you had no idea what i was doing and i backed off.

Those were 2 great races. I was loving the 908. In the first race at la sarthe the 908 was not so strong. I managed 5th or 6th place although I'm sure I could have done better. At grand valley I was on pole.:D I led for a lap or two before bombe and Ghova were dicing with me. Eventually bombe got ahead while Ghova and me both crashed in the same place on the same lap! There was no collision. I couldn't catch bombe as he was just too quick. I finished 2nd with my team mate in 3rd. Looking forward for the start of next season.

bermudakid
and i could see you, i was going to nascar style push you faster so we could catch the leaders, but you didnt line up with me so i figured you had no idea what i was doing and i backed off.

haha, we did this a couple laps to gap you guys a bit more...

I agree the draft is way to strong in gt5.

i had a great 2nd stint at la sarthe , was consistently getting times of 3 17s
best lap was 3 17 812 , i was unlucky at my 1st stint as it was my first meeting with my 908 Oreca, but after the pit stop it was great driving , also gratz too my teammate who beaten me at la sarthe and Grand Valley !

fingers crossed for a good season for me and my team-mate!

GT5_X2010
the moment the car looses that slipstream I just fall further and further back so please don't give a ballast to my car because it would just ruin it for me.

Oh yeah, I thought I should just say, the first lap at Le Sarthe and tthe 2 laps battling with Allin (is atcually possible to put us two in a race series without us two battling relentlessly on track at all?) were THE MOST ENJOYABLE LAPS I HAVE DOE IN ANY RACING GAME EVER.

What I discovered also, the Audi is already heavy and does not do well out of the slipstream.

And yes, that was fun racing. Hope you don't think I was trying to take you out, I was bump drafting in hopes of picking up the pace. Good stuff.

Yeah, Jake, if you are running the blue 908 I'd be happy to be your teammate this season. We can PM setups and such during the week prior to each race.

Latest Posts

Back