GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well that went down like a lead balloon :(

I'd do it, only thing is, it seems too arbitrary. The standings idea seems to make more sense.

I'm not sure why so many people want the 908 anyway, in our series only a couple of guys have had any success with it.

I personally wouldnt be chosing the 908 but using a points system to determine who gets first pick is a buck sucky.. This means ill be among the last to choose and probably have a worse choice to choose from as 2 drivers per car is in order...

If this is going to be the case count me out

I personally wouldnt be chosing the 908 but using a points system to determine who gets first pick is a buck sucky.. This means ill be among the last to choose and probably have a worse choice to choose from as 2 drivers per car is in order...

I have not said anything about about how cars will be chosen. On top of that there are 4 of the same car allowed, and if there are 2 liveries only 2 of each livery is allowed.
On top of That, there has never been a problem with drivers deciding who wants what until now where so many seem to want the 908. out of the 15+ LMP / Group C cars to chose from i double more than 4 are going to want the same one besides the 908.

Its possible to make a powerpoint that acts like picking a name out of a hat. Don't know how. That could be used to decide who gets it. Or we could run a mini series for people wanting to enter the 908. You could have it so you have to master the 908. Drift battle, race, time trial, stuff like that. Only a master of the 908 can use it. Or we could just say first come, first serve. Cross fingers the C60 Hybride pops up in the OCD tomorrow. I'll enter that IF it appears.

D-Max

How else do you suppose we choose then? I would think there should be some form of seniority. Also as Bremuda said its 4 per car, so even if you're last to choose, at most only 3 cars would be off the table out of 15+.

I guess some people are super competitive and want to win so want their best car or nothing, but I'm just here to have fun and will drive any car.

I am actually surprised no one has said anything about using the R8 Oreca... it's a brilliant car. It's not as good as the dominating one, but it can easily compete with the 908 and it's only 3.8 mil.

Another thing... I just tested the 908 along with some other cars on Grand Valley, just to see the difference from La Sarthe. Completely different experience, and surprisingly (to me), the Bentley was one of the better cars on that track, lol. The 908 and GT-ONE had a hard time on Grand Valley.

So, no car is superior this season - that's really my point. No R8 that'll squash the opponnents, but the cars' strenght can mean that some cars are better on some tracks, some on others.

Cars available: (in case you forgot ;))

Pescarolo Courage Judd - GV5
Nissan R89C
Jaguar XJR-9
Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V
Peugeot 908
Toyota GT-ONE
Peugeot 905
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
Nisan R92CP
Bentley Speed 8
Mazda 787B
Audi R8 Team Oreca ('05)
Audi R8 ('01) (banned?)
Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot
BMW V12 LMR
Audi R10 (NOT RECOMMENDED)
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM

Last edited:
If any wants to drive the Mer CLK - GTR too I'll probably let someone drive that.

Also I'm updating the first OP . Please check it often for updates

I'm not sure why so many people want the 908 anyway, in our series only a couple of guys have had any success with it.

Actually I can pretty much guarantee I would be pretty quick IF I used the 908. IMO it's very easy to drive really quick. Here's hoping I get it lol.:scared:

We need some practice racing on the new tracks. Still really want o know how we'd do on Leguna Seca. If only there were a 24 hour version of it.

We need some practice racing on the new tracks. Still really want o know how we'd do on Leguna Seca. If only there were a 24 hour version of it.

Huh? There is only one layout I thought?

Merc GTR-LM has a major weight disadvantage (1000kgs), but maybe someone can make it work, or at least give the R10 someone to battle.

Would like to see a preseason race this weekend, even if its shorter then usual.

Some of the guys from the last sesaon really want to race this sat, i was not planning on it. But ill consider it now and after some testing tonight ill post if there will be a pre-season this week, or starting next week

I am actually surprised no one has said anything about using the R8 Oreca... it's a brilliant car. It's not as good as the dominating one, but it can easily compete with the 908 and it's only 3.8 mil.

Another thing... I just tested the 908 along with some other cars on Grand Valley, just to see the difference from La Sarthe. Completely different experience, and surprisingly (to me), the Bentley was one of the better cars on that track, lol. The 908 and GT-ONE had a hard time on Grand Valley.

So, no car is superior this season - that's really my point. No R8 that'll squash the opponnents, but the cars' strenght can mean that some cars are better on some tracks, some on others.

I would have to agree that there is no superior car if the '01 R8's are banned. After testing the R8 Oreca '05, Speed 8 and GT-One if found the GT-One has a significant top speed advantage which makes it the best at La Sarthe, while i found it to be to slowest of the three at laguna seca and the Speed 8 and R8 pretty equal in lap times

The GT-One generally has an under-steering issue, you have to nail the throttle on exit to get it to turn out of the corners. I called it though, its mine.

bombe32

Cars available: (in case you forgot ;))

Pescarolo Courage Judd - GV5
Nissan R89C
Jaguar XJR-9
Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V
Peugeot 908
Toyota GT-ONE
Peugeot 905
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
Nisan R92CP
Bentley Speed 8
Mazda 787B
Audi R8 Team Oreca ('05)
Audi R8 ('01) (banned?)
Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot
BMW V12 LMR
Audi R10 (NOT RECOMMENDED)
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM

Good research. Speed and HP are not everything. Thanks.

Ghova / GTP_Marlboro (Main Account) / GTP_Ferrari (The Account where all my lmp and group c cars are on it so i will be on GTP_Ferrari just for this championship.

Ive dont some testing with some cars around 750 HP, and 850 kg still playing around with that, my next test session sometime im going to mess with 900HP and around 850 kg

I'm would defiantly like to race this season, I love these cars , I just read there may be 2 groups so count me in, ill ad my name to the list when I get home.

Im considering moving away from the 908. Considering. The 908 is very easy to drive so it will be a step up. Maybe a R10 (I know its slow) or a 787B. Depends on who is willing to be a team mate with me. Really want the C60 Hybride though. Who would of thought the PD censor Hybride in the online

If we both get a C60 I'll be your teammate, if not I'll grab an R10 and join you. 👍

And if not both, then oh well.

From my testing the R10 is a good bit slower then the rest (787B and GT One) @ Bremudas lower 750hp/850kgs, itll get ever worse at higher hp. On Le Sarthe (2005) I was ~ 6 seconds off the pace (if could hold the draft wasn't horrible), but mid range+ accel (120-200) is where it really hurts.

The GT-One was a BLAST to drive on Tokyo R246 and Special Stage 5, but not sure how well those courses would be in a race. SS5 would only have like 2 maybe 3 good passing points, and R246 would be a little better with 4-5 passing points but mid section would be follow the leader and hope someone doesn't spinout/hit the wall and wreck everyone.

Imo The cars were fairly even from what I saw today. Even with 80 less hp, the cars were only 2-5s off pace from previous season (assuming 2005/2009 times are similar).

Last edited:
Ok about all this 908 stuff -

Since I was sort of the original 908 in our little racing series I'd like to continue to use it. If necessary I will at least grind the cash and get the Oreca 908, or switch cars if need be. Problem is I only have the 908 and no cash at the moment, so any of the Standard cars will just have to show up for me.

Golfer by all means you can switch teammates. It sounds like we have at least 5 ppl who want to use the car (Mike, Me, Golfer, Mu, erikkiller etc.) so somebody is gonna have to switch.
atleast 6 now,i might be switching from the 787b :dopey:

Back