• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2½ hours spent practicing. I have a few suggestions:

908 & GT-ONE weight ballast: 30kg
and 907bhp limit

2½ hours spent practicing. I have a few suggestions:

908 & GT-ONE weight ballast: 30kg
and 907bhp limit

I think that sounds good. It should even up the field more. Cars like the 787B should be not too bad but the group c cars should also be able to compete with the 908 and GT-One.

AllinWitJT
With the 838hp restriction the GT-ONE really is equal if not lesser in top speed. It's hard to tune handling characteristics really caused some grief for me. The 908's, 787, and Bentley can all pull the GT down straights. I did gear for top end while also keeping adequate acceleration and still did not find too much advantage. If I could handle the car better I could see the car being somewhat quicker than others. Less downforce would help but handling goes out the door. However, most times during races I was thinking that I needed a few more horses to be competitive. The rear tire spin is high and must be managed. Something I need to work on.

I'll just quote myself for everyone to get refreshed. I was pulled by 787's, Bentley's and 908's. Just because the GT One reads fast on paper and with certain settings, can accomplish great speeds, those setting do not apply for real races and do not result in astonishing turning or handling characteristics.

I'll just quote myself for everyone to get refreshed. I was pulled by 787's, Bentley's and 908's. Just because the GT One reads fast on paper and with certain settings, can accomplish great speeds, those setting do not apply for real races and do not result in astonishing turning or handling characteristics.

I suggested a HP limit raise too, meaning that both the 908 and GT-ONE would get more power. It is primarily the group C cars that needs to be more competitive, but with a limit of 907bhp they wouldn't even reach full potential without turbos. The less they are power limited, the better they are... power limiting is like crippling a leopard and having it race a doped horse... I think, lol :)

And this isn't to offend anyone, but the driver can have an affect on the outcome too ;)

I'm not so hot on the idea of splitting the series into two groups. Seems like some people on the interest inevitably don't show up.

Maybe we can go with a "reputation" system, where drivers who have participated in the most amount of events w/ least amount of penalties get priority. And then just have reserve drivers to fill in the grid when people don't show or can't make it Saturdays.

1. BermudaKID / BermudaKID
2. jakegirard/ jakegirard
3. jml1010/jml1010
4. MikeTheHockeyFan/MikeTheHockeyFan
5. tissimo/tissimo
6. EliteDreamer/daibaspeed
7. AllinWitJT/AllinWitJT
8.Benokobi/Benokobi2
9.GT5_X2010/golfer199
10. Jav/Jav122678
11. Rich S/ mustardaddict
12. xX_F Alonso_Xx/mu675
13. bombe32 / bombe32
14. SebVettelFan / Jamman48
15. Ghova / GTP_Marlboro.
16. Nash_027 / Nashy_027
17. Paginas1/Paginas (depends on day and time)
18. C-ZETA/V16T91
19. VRracingfan/CALM_DAN

I'm fine with being a reserve as i'll be quite busy throughout may and mid june but if you need a someone to make up the numbers due to lack of drivers then i'll happily be there if i'm online :)

VRracingfan, hi ya. Use the 908 Peugeot Total and we'll be able to race in a team together. If thats OK with you Jake or do you want me to stay? I know that VR can only be at some of the races so I might stay with Jake. Also, I only have a Total 908 so I'll see what VR and Jake are doing in respects to car choice before deciding a team. But I am definately using the 908.

No more Peugeots, there are more than enough of them already... only 2 per livery allowed.

Oh well, I put my name down first to be in the 908 Total and I'm gona stick to it. I agree though, no more. The photos look bizzare with 4 in them from last season. Although at Le Mans and the LMS and ALMS, Peugeot usually used 3 cars. + 1 oreca

bombe32
I suggested a HP limit raise too, meaning that both the 908 and GT-ONE would get more power. It is primarily the group C cars that needs to be more competitive, but with a limit of 907bhp they wouldn't even reach full potential without turbos. The less they are power limited, the better they are... power limiting is like crippling a leopard and having it race a doped horse... I think, lol :)

And this isn't to offend anyone, but the driver can have an affect on the outcome too ;)

Alright, makes sense to try it out and check what happens.

VRracingfan, hi ya. Use the 908 Peugeot Total and we'll be able to race in a team together. If thats OK with you Jake or do you want me to stay? I know that VR can only be at some of the races so I might stay with Jake. Also, I only have a Total 908 so I'll see what VR and Jake are doing in respects to car choice before deciding a team. But I am definately using the 908.

If you're already in a team then stick with him because I don't want to disrupt things too much although if your team needs a reserve for a race or two then I could do that. Thanks for the invite too by the way :).
I'm going to go and see what cars are in the OCD after i've finished suzuka 1000km b-spec and hopefully join a team.

So far I can only tell you that i found a new personal favorite, as the Sauber was too bad at low speeds and would get crushed on small circuits, like Laguna Seca. I am currently leaning towards the MINOLTA, so if any of you Peugeot guys are thinking of changing then come to Toyota :)

Maverick dropped by and showed off his skills, lol. Below 3.14 in the GT-One... did anyone mention weight ballast to that car? Lol, I know he is in his own league, but still, showed what it's capable off.

Bad connection day unfortunately. There's a reason that I never hosted anything, you know, lol ;)

If my entry into the championship is accepted then I would like drive for Minolta but I am using a pad so I don't know how good I will be compared to you guys so you may want someone with a wheel.

I'm not so hot on the idea of splitting the series into two groups. Seems like some people on the interest inevitably don't show up.

Maybe we can go with a "reputation" system, where drivers who have participated in the most amount of events w/ least amount of penalties get priority. And then just have reserve drivers to fill in the grid when people don't show or can't make it Saturdays.
I dont like signing up for something before the list is full, then being told I cant race. :ouch: Anyways, the specifics havent been ironed out yet so I hope I will be allowed to enter with the GT-One or 787B. I only have 4 prototype/group Cs. Minolta, GT-One, 908, 787b.

I am a clean driver, very little contact. I always show up.

Wow that'll be interesting to see if you can manage that cars tyre usage. :) you will regret leaving me :P

me and AllinWit FTW! :D

Don't underestimate me Jam. For I am driving GOD! :P

In all seriousness I haven't tested this car properly. Meh I want to be fighting in the midfiled anyway, guess it's more fun.

Don't underestimate me Jam. For I am driving GOD! :P

In all seriousness I haven't tested this car properly. Meh I want to be fighting in the midfiled anyway, guess it's more fun.

I know your quick. Infact your extremely quick. 4th on your debut :D. Could have been third if it wasn't for bombe's late charge. It's the car I'm worried about for you.

I know your quick. Infact your extremely quick. 4th on your debut :D. Could have been third if it wasn't for bombe's late charge. It's the car I'm worried about for you.

I'd better get testing then. I've driven it a lot but only for short runs and it's pretty quick. I've won with it a lot of times too online. It's the long runs which I'll be worried about so I will try and tune it or find some better strategies. The fact that the power will be limited is a bit worrying too but it'll sure add to the challenge.

@ Ghova - Do you have any team name you would like to use?

Oh well, I put my name down first to be in the 908 Total and I'm gona stick to it. I agree though, no more. The photos look bizzare with 4 in them from last season. Although at Le Mans and the LMS and ALMS, Peugeot usually used 3 cars. + 1 oreca

I'll be remaining in my Team Peugeot Total 908 Hdi Fap from the entirety of last season, as well. 👍 I like the cozy cockpit view.

gyTCf.jpg

^^ That's the 2011 version right? Damn that's snug, it's one reason I wanted to use that car but it seems highly unlikely so **** it.

Is anyone using the R10 yet?

It's too slow...

I'm looking forward to see what the Judge decides, Mr. BK, what the regulations should be. And then to see how we are going to choose cars and such.

Is it a pre-season race this Saturday?

Back