GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have raced Daytona Road in both seasons, I myself would love to scrap it for S3.

I still think these are in S3:

La Sarthe Finale is obvious
Grand Valley - we need to try this one, could be fun
Suzuka returning
Laguna Seca, many wanted to race here

The last one could be anything. I would love to see Monza again, it could have been a close race and with the R8 not being dominating it should be. Other options are a created track which we all agree to race, and without mountains, Fuji (although it's boring) or maybe the '05 La Sarthe.

Just did some testing with the R8. Adding 85 kg it is still one of the fastest cars, but 70 kg and it's fastest times (with my setup) is 3.17s. Maybe its weight should be 970 or 975 kg, depending on the power limit for the season.

I still suggest the HP limit to be higher, maybe 950s. That would make the Sauber, Peskies, MINOLTA etc. more competitive to the already fast 908s and GT-Ones.

HP limit 838: R8 @ 975kg (+75kg) and the 908 and GT-One are the new dominating cars (at least the GT-Ones are)
HP limit 950: R8 @ 955kg (+55kg) and the field is more close, as the 1000+bhp cars would be closing the gap to the R8 and GT-One.
Very good post.

We need quite a bit of testing on the off week / practice race week to see what will be the best combination.

1. BermudaKID / BermudaKID
2. jakegirard/ jakegirard
3. jml1010/jml1010
4. MikeTheHockeyFan/MikeTheHockeyFan
5. tissimo/tissimo
6. EliteDreamer/daibaspeed
7. AllinWitJT/AllinWitJT
8.Benokobi/Benokobi2
9.GT5_X2010/golfer199
10. Jav/Jav122678
11. Rich S/ mustardaddict
12. xX_F Alonso_Xx/mu675
13. bombe32 / bombe32
14. SebVettelFan / Jamman48
15. Ghova / GTP_Marlboro.
16. Nash_027 / Nashy_027
17. Paginas1/Paginas (depends on day and time)

What about having to use 2 types of tyre compounds for the race Medium and Softs, you have to run both types during the race and start on the same type as you do the Qualifying race on.

What about having to use 2 types of tyre compounds for the race Medium and Softs, you have to run both types during the race and start on the same type as you do the Qualifying race on.

So like F1? Yeh I guess that would work but we would need to make sure everyone uses both medium and soft by viewing the replay after.

Its easy if people are caught not using both tyes they loose all the points from that race and start last for the next race.

It is an idea, but since the soft tyres lasts just as long as the others it doesn't make too much sense. It would have been fun if we could decide how much fuel we started out with, but we can't.

It is an idea, but since the soft tyres lasts just as long as the others it doesn't make too much sense. It would have been fun if we could decide how much fuel we started out with, but we can't.

Depends if you slide. And the C9 slides quite a alot. I've sort of managed to control it with settings and driving but not completely.

I have to stick with Softs if I am to drive my C9 again. I can't drive it on different tires.

Oh yeah and I might use my other account (EliteDreamer) because it has a lot more money and I could buy a Le Mans car easily in that one. So I'll just look out for one in both for now.

Isn't it hard already to use soft tyres for some of the cars? I know it can be when the tyres are gone :)

I just think that it works well with the current tyre regulations and it wouldn't be too good changing something that is already working, but I wouldn't mind it, just have to buy mediums for all of my LMPs then...

The main problem is making the cars as even as possible, after seeing the R8 dominating 2 seasons in a row, and we still need to prevent the GT-One from dominating when the Audi is becoming slower.

The R8 Oreca isn't like the '01 R8, so it shouldn't be able to dominate, it weighs 50 kg more and is generally not as well-handling.

I must say, that when I tried out the 908 earlier today I got hooked. Damn, can that thing drive, and it sounds way better than the R8 too. Unfortunately, there are already a couple of guys who wants to drive it (Jake, MU, Golfer) so I am probably leaning towards the Hybride or the Sauber atm.

Bad results when testing the 787B, the Bentley and the 905 (22s!!!), so they are all scrapped from my list. The R92CP is eating its tyres extremely fast and will not be competitive due to its needed extra pit stop.

C9 starts to become a little uncontrollable when tires are down to 1/3 worn out. Driver error comes in sometimes.

Well every 908 drives the Team Peugeot Total, why not buy the Matmut? I think that one looks more race-like. The Team Total looks like a show model with it's practically clean looking body.

Could we have a practice session on Mazda to see if it would be a good track to race on? It's going to be so fun going down that corkscrew!

It was only an idea tbh, if people don't want to do it then it wont happen.

The BHP Limit will be the deciding factor on what car i decide to go for tbh.

With the 838hp restriction the GT-ONE really is equal if not lesser in top speed. It's hard to tune handling characteristics really caused some grief for me. The 908's, 787, and Bentley can all pull the GT down straights. I did gear for top end while also keeping adequate acceleration and still did not find too much advantage. If I could handle the car better I could see the car being somewhat quicker than others. Less downforce would help but handling goes out the door. However, most times during races I was thinking that I needed a few more horses to be competitive. The rear tire spin is high and must be managed. Something I need to work on.

Nashy - i did create a thread to suggest to PD to input some sort of tire option online, Giving the host the ability to force drivers to use different tire compounds in a race or make a certain # of pitstops.
But nobody seemed to care..................... :( Pit Stops for Online

I dont know what setting im going to use yet. Not sure if im going up or down in HP. Whats probably going to happen though is certain cars will get certain HP limits. Not one set HP for all cars.
The ACO dosent seem to hesitate to restrict HP of certain cars so i'm leaning towards that too.
There was not much input from the the Group C cars this season everyone seemed to want to drive an LMP1.

I also think with the R8 with a weight limit or gone altogether there still isnt a clear faster car of the bunch.

The 908 & GT-One are definitely fast. But i think razor proved so is the 787B @ La Sarthe and Nashy & I showed the Speed 8 is no slouch either.

Mazda will be a track in S3, the only reason why i didnt pick it for S2 is because after monza everyone seemed pissed. So i picked Daytona cuz its an easy track to set-up for and plenty of room to overtake, so it let everyone cool off after monza. and is still fun & its one of my favorite tracks too.

Also i'm not sure what car im going to drive. The only car i have ever won with was the '05 R8. Thinking of maybe using the BMW V12 or C60 Hybrid or even the R10

I think the group C cars need more bhp due to how they produce there power all up top and don't have loads of midrange Torque. I would love to run the Jag but its not fast enough when limited so much, the V12 is an option but i might stick with the Bentley again i am not sure.

im also looking to have about 30+ drivers, we can have 2 race squads. tell your friends

I'm also going to have a weekday race part of a separate season. ( Dont worry the saturday race will still go on ). Pretty much for American drivers who cant get on during the weekends. i know afternoon racing kills the day for some of us here in the U.S. like maverick and some of my other friends cjr. the format more or less the same but maybe only 35-45 min long races. Once i know i have around 10 people interested in that ill set that up.

Also i'm not sure what car im going to drive. The only car i have ever won with was the '05 R8. Thinking of maybe using the BMW V12 or C60 Hybrid or even the R10

Then why not use the R8 Oreca again? ;)

Specific HP limits for each car... that is hard to control. You can't see how much power the car people use have, which would give great "cheating" possibilities. Not that i think anyone would cheat.

A little question: Is it 2 cars per livery allowed? So that we don't have 4 Total Peugeot 908s driving around again, and not 4 GT-Ones etc.

Maybe some of you are up for some practice Tuesday already? I have nothing to do when I get home, so if any of you have the time and will to test out the cars it would be cool...

bombe32 , do you want to be my teammate for season 3 , i will be using the Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03

Then why not use the R8 Oreca again? ;)

Specific HP limits for each car... that is hard to control. You can't see how much power the car people use have, which would give great "cheating" possibilities. Not that i think anyone would cheat.

A little question: Is it 2 cars per livery allowed? So that we don't have 4 Total Peugeot 908s driving around again, and not 4 GT-Ones etc.
Its easy / a pain in the A** to control, you set a HP limit in the lobby, let those cars join that have that limit, then raise it and allow the others to join. If at any point in practice i lower the HP limit again only drivers over it should be kicked out.

Yea there is a going to be a 2 car livery limit. So if there are 4 908's only 2 can be the same color. There can be 4 GT-Ones since there is only 1 color.

I may make it only 3 of the same car. Tired of the same people driving the trying to drive the same car.

Lol. The 908's are going to be mainly contested for to use. MU, Jake, golfer, mikethehockeyfan and Erickiller (if he takes part in S3) will all want it. I think me and AllinWit are the only ones using the GT ones so we should be fine. The C60 is also looking quite popular.

I'm going to do some R10 testing. If I like it and you enter in the R10 then I wouldn't mind having you as a team mate. If you don't decide to use the R10 or I find it to be slow then I'll stick to my 908 with Jake. For now, I'm a 908 Team Peugeot Total.

Looks like I may not be using the 908 if it's so sought after. If not then I may consider the Mazda 787B, Sauber C9 or the R92CP if the power limit is increased.

Btw more 787B's on the circuit the better guys! Great looking, great noise and it's premium. Is definitely be my second choice of car to use if my GT one grows old or boring lol.

Back