GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
I am on my L's or Learners Permit. I hope to purchase a 1991-1993 Honda Prelude VTEC. They have been the starter car on almost all my Gran Turismo games and are priced (for a decent one) around $5000-$6000AUD

I'm also on my L's and it's good to see someone else who doesn't want a bloody Commodore as a first car 👍

I'm looking at getting an Alfa 156 for about $7500. And as it happens I used to live just 15 mins away in Williamstown :)

Who says the world is so large, eh?

Last edited:
👍 My father has one (signature) and loves it thanks to me telling him to try it out back in '05

But I drive this behemoth, and I love it. I don't know how long I can have it though.

2010-01-16154952.jpg

Nice truck. Any more pics?

I just installed these spotlights on mine today.

Image029.jpg

just picked up a 87 mercedes benz W201 (190e) 2.3 16v 'cosworth' really fun car drives like a car half its size
DSC05173.jpg

DSC05177.jpg

DSC05176.jpg

ill post pic's of the motor later....it was raining

just picked up a 87 mercedes benz W201 (190e) 2.3 16v 'cosworth' really fun car drives like a car half its size

I hate you. Lucky so-and-so... :lol:

Nice car. 👍

Looks a bit rough, but at least all the panels are straight and there's no obvious kerbing on the wheels.

Is that a military base? I mean a Ford Ranger with Metallica stickers, a Jeep Liberty and an American flag don't exactly scream Germany to me. :lol:

I bought a Scion xB new in 2004 on the day they first went on sale in Connecticut because of how entertaining and unusual the driving experience is, thinking nobody would buy any because of how strange it was in that uniquely Japanese way.

I'm pretty sure that myself, at the age of 28, am the youngest person in the entire state who drives this incredibly popular car. I love it to pieces, mostly because I'm still quite entertained by how different the thing is to drive. And although a lot of me wants to replace it with a 500 Abarth essesse when they get here, part of me will make doing so very, very difficult.

more!
DSC05208.jpg

DSC05221.jpg

DSC05212.jpg

DSC05214.jpg

factory 16v recaro
DSC05223.jpg

I found this road a few k's from my house, I must have ran it up and down 10 times today! Such a treat!
s-b50.jpg

I found this road a few k's from my house, I must have ran it up and down 10 times today! Such a treat!
s-b50.jpg

I doubly hate you now. That is a beautiful piece of tarmac.

How far are you from Nürburg?

Nice 190E, one of the coolest sedans Merc ever made until just recently with the new C63 and E63 AMGs.

Update:

Citroen Dyane Nazaré now ready to roll :)

I know it's not very sporty, but hey... it's what I've got.

That and the Honda Stream 1.7 ES, the Honda Hornet 600 and a Datsun 1200 (in queue to get restored as the Dyane did).

Last edited:
MyBike3.jpg
2002 Yamaha YZF600R
Just got it on Saturday, didn't have my permit or anything, so I haven't even gotten to ride it yet. Still happy though :)

Sounds like a highly intelligent thing to buy then.

I'll take that to mean I should have gotten something else? Or obtained a permit with nothing to ride? Or.....?
I'm guessing you think DMV tests are hard? I dunno, I plan on having one definitely by Saturday, if not tomm.

No updates so far on this...

22162_238710284681_742249681_3325964_7221289_n.jpg

Oh, except for this;

1002942c.jpg

I know its not the LS engine I'd hoped for, but I think I can live with that. :)
Its obviously going to get fresh internals before I drop it in, maybe a stroker crank, and a supercharger of some kind...one day.

Oh, I got sick of not being able to clean under the seats the other day:

1002841y.jpg

The delay is because I've been trying to fix my dads old car up for him, as a bit of a gift and a father/son project.

How it started:

1001983xh8.jpg

1001961bw5.jpg

1001987mo2.jpg

A few weeks later:

1002795w.jpg

And how it sits now. Subframe comes out for paint tomorrow, then re assembly begins!

1002938c.jpg

Not too far off first startup! Its only taken so long as I've bagged and tagged it all, piece by piece, as I go.

The ol' Holden 5.0L may not be as light as the LS V8, but it's a true blue Aussie V8 with plenty of power potential, so nice work.:) They can be real power houses with the 355 stroker crank.
The old 4.2L is sure looking clean, not much of a performer though.
How much has the 5.0L cost you? Once you do all the necessary work, I figured it would have been cheaper to just buy an SS.

The ol' Holden 5.0L may not be as light as the LS V8, but it's a true blue Aussie V8 with plenty of power potential, so nice work.:) They can be real power houses with the 355 stroker crank.
The old 4.2L is sure looking clean, not much of a performer though.
How much has the 5.0L cost you? Once you do all the necessary work, I figured it would have been cheaper to just buy an SS.

Yeah, the 4.2 may be a boat anchor, but its just going to be a cruiser. Thats why the AM radio is going back in the dash. Certainly will be no performance machine.

I know it would be cheaper and easier to buy an SS, and the thought has crossed my mind, but I'm just too attached to my VR now, there is no way I could sell it. I could convert it back to daily driver status and buy one, sure, and I may very well do that in the future, but at the moment this is the plan. The 5.0 has cost me a paltry $600 so far, complete with computer, loom etc, so really I could sell it and lose nothing...so far. I dunno. What does everyone else think?

Yeah, the 4.2 may be a boat anchor, but its just going to be a cruiser. Thats why the AM radio is going back in the dash. Certainly will be no performance machine.

I know it would be cheaper and easier to buy an SS, and the thought has crossed my mind, but I'm just too attached to my VR now, there is no way I could sell it. I could convert it back to daily driver status and buy one, sure, and I may very well do that in the future, but at the moment this is the plan. The 5.0 has cost me a paltry $600 so far, complete with computer, loom etc, so really I could sell it and lose nothing...so far. I dunno. What does everyone else think?

I think it's a good price for a motor that without much effort could easily defeat many cars with much higher pricing points and credentials.:D If you do go supercharger though, there is no other option than centrifugal or rotrex type.:drool: The 4.2 probably isn't all bad, it has more displacement than a 3.8L and we all know how well they respond to modification. Wouldn't it just be wild to see a twin turbo 4.2L just for the hell of it?:D
For the price of your V8, the conversion probably will be cheaper than buying an SS. I know how you feel about your VR, I could never sell mine :sly:, too bad it will never be in great shape. I've learnt that it's hopeless to expect a daily driver to keep in great shape, there are too many idiots out there, as well as ol' mother nature being unforgiving. Cases in point, some noobling scratched my rim in the carpark one day, and some freakin' piwi birds keep dropping terds on my car lately. I can wash them off, but it's annoying. They are attacking their reflections in the glass.:dunce: Oooooh how I wish I had my own house with a proper, enclosed 2 car garage.:(

The 4.2 probably isn't all bad, it has more displacement than a 3.8L and we all know how well they respond to modification. Wouldn't it just be wild to see a twin turbo 4.2L just for the hell of it?:D

The 4.2 is old tech by a long shot. The reason the 3800s respond so well to modifications is because they've actually got quite good heads from the factory as far as pushrod motors go.

The 4.2 is old tech by a long shot. The reason the 3800s respond so well to modifications is because they've actually got quite good heads from the factory as far as pushrod motors go.

So? Anyone with money can make just about any engine go like stink. BTW, I'm surprised you even know what a 4.2L is.:P I mean, you realise it's a Holden V8? For such a low key motor that never left our shores I'm surprised you know of it.:sly:

Edit: While I remember, did you have issues getting your seats back in spauldj3800? It was quite difficult to get the bolts to actually screw in in my brother's VN when we did it, we really had to push hard down and across on the seat to get them to allign.:crazy:

I think if you love the car, keep it forever.
Everyone I know that sells a car they love regrets it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it. Keep it, love it, bed it, do what you gotta do.

Back