GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
I now drive this:
m6LDj.jpg

The 4.2 is old tech by a long shot. The reason the 3800s respond so well to modifications is because they've actually got quite good heads from the factory as far as pushrod motors go.

4.2 (253ci) is a carby V8, the lower v8 option for the kingswood and the early smaller commordores (VB VH etc). From VK (1984-86) onwards you only had the 5.0 litre V8 to choose from as the dropped the 4.2.

There are two 3.8's Both V6's, first with the VN commodore (1988-1991) came the buick 3.8 in the early commodores which was fuel injected and then the ecotec 3.8 V6. which was introduced with the VS commodore (1995-1997)

As you can see the engines are ages apart, but one thing the 4.2 gives you is a good engine note, which for a cruiser is all you really need.

Speaking of the 4.2, Motor Magazine made mention of it in their latest issue as the first Aussie V8, and they said it made 194kw in the Holden Hurricane concept car, I never knew that. They dropped to a measly 140kw by the time they reached production, what a shame.:(

Speaking of the 4.2, Motor Magazine made mention of it in their latest issue as the first Aussie V8, and they said it made 194kw in the Holden Hurricane concept car, I never knew that. They dropped to a measly 140kw by the time they reached production, what a shame.:(

And even less by the time the wagon was made...sigh

Edit: While I remember, did you have issues getting your seats back in spauldj3800? It was quite difficult to get the bolts to actually screw in in my brother's VN when we did it, we really had to push hard down and across on the seat to get them to allign.:crazy:

Yeah, it was a bit interesting to say the least! Much swearing was involved, mainly cause it was a stinking hot day and I didnt have the right tools.

As you can see the engines are ages apart, but one thing the 4.2 gives you is a good engine note, which for a cruiser is all you really need.

Thats what I'm thinking...haha

I drive 2033 KIA spectra II and I wouldn't like to see it in GT5, no way - it handles like bathtub on snow and it's performance is as exciting as a monday dinner in geriatric institution... Putting that in a GT game would be a tremendous waste of man hours - although it would probably handle better than in reality. :)
But I would like to see one of my previous cars in game: Fiat Uno, that was one nippy little car and really fun to drive. Only 1.0 litre machine, but with heavy foot on gas pedal it went like flatulence after bean soup. Thirsty too, easily guzzled nine litres of gas per 100 driven kilometres.

I have a '96 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme sedan with 3.1L V6 and auto transmission. Then I bought a '02 Nissan Maxima SE with a 3.5L V6 and a 6 speed manual transmission, and after that a '07 Suzuki GSX-R600. I own and drive all 3 of them regularily, except for winter, the motorcycle doesn't do well on snow and ice, and neither do the Maximas tires. :)

what car do you have sitting in your driveway? Would you like to see it on GT3?

I drive a SAAB 9-5 Aero SportCombi from 2000, but on the driveway its stand three other cars too, Ford Mondeo RS Zetec '96, Renault Kango Euroline '03, Nissan Qashqai Tekna '07. But the last one shall be exchanged for a Volvo V50 D4

And to answer your question, yes I would love to se all of them but on GT5 haha

I don't have it quite yet, (just need to get a job to afford insurance on it, but it'll probably be my parents' old '94 Pontiac Sunbird LX. Still runs. I've been thinking about keeping it and modding it if I ever get enough money. Maybe turn it into a roadster, with black paint..maybe round the edges a bit, put some rear wheel skirts on it, change the rims and maybe replace the I4 with a V8. that's if I can afford it. I think it could be a great car, then. Otherwise...it's a Sunbird.

First post on GTP, long time lurker though!

Here is my car, 2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra 20VT, featured in GT4 :D It's had a bit of work done under the bonnet/hood so it's fairly quick in my opinion :)

16042010450.jpg

16042010447.jpg

16042010448.jpg

Yes I am!

Its less than an hour drive on the 257 witch is a blast to drive in its own right or like 35-45min on the autobahn. I couldnt have asked for anything more!

Stationed there from 92-96.

The biggest thing I miss from being stationed there was being able to DRIVE...

Some day if you have some time, try this route...

257 up to Meisburg, then the L16 to Manderscheid, and the L46 back to Spang, and get home however you want.

Here is my car, 2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra 20VT, featured in GT4 :D It's had a bit of work done under the bonnet/hood so it's fairly quick in my opinion :)

*images*

Looks good man. Message Neocrox, he had one, until he did some custom pole body modification. :lol:

This is my baby. It's not a Ferrari but it's definitely not a Yugo either. I love it. '97 B14 EX Saloon. At the altitude in my city, the car has around 88hp. 110 at sea level.

Well...
I've been a Toyota owner for years. I've owned 3 different Corollas ('01,'06,'09) and one Camry ('98). I've stood by the company for a long time.
In light of the recalls and general lack of feeling (even though it was still a good car without any problems) I've decided to let go of my loyalties and now I'm the proud owner of a 2010 Impreza 2.5i (premium).
So there you have it... What am I driving? 2010 Impreza 2.5i. :)
Btw, its the 5 door hatchback model and despite moving away from Toyota I'm still happy (more or less) with the products they provided me... Even the 2009 didn't show signs of wear and my actions to repair the parts recalled were more preemptive than anything else.
Of course... I'm also wel aware of the Toyota-Subaru ties so I know I didn't ditch Toyota completely. :P
But hey, at least I know the subby will not have a resale value of 50% what it should be simply because of recalls. :lol:

Last edited:
I've just driven back my 1st car from the showroom (decided to try and get a 2nd hand car from a showroom to get some guarantee on it). Tested a few cars, was looking for a small car with some decent grunt (1.0-1.3) for motorway driving as I'm now commuting to Liverpool everyday.

I couldn't fit properly in the Clio (6" 2 isn't a common height it seems :P), I was a bit shocked with the Yaris' mid-set display and I wasn't too keen on the Pugs.
So I settled on the first car I tested - a Suzuki Swift 1.3 GL :D.

Red, 2007, 10,000 miles, 1 owner, £6,000. 3 services and MOT'd for 6 months.

16042010450.jpg

:odd: Is it left hand drive?

Dont wanna create a new thread since this is only crossing my mind.

What is the coolest best or great daily car I can buy for less then 18k USD?
AWD, FWD, RWD, all setups are welcomed, but has to include price of the Automatic. Yes Automatic.. Unless its this rwd toyota that can be in Manual.
Toyota_Aygo_Crazy.jpg

So what car? Fiesta? Nissan Versa? Give some ideas guys. The more features of the car better.
Can be sporty, economical, or both if possible. Also right away I wanna say no Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit and no GM cars.

Last edited:
Dont wanna create a new thread since this is only crossing my mind.

What is the coolest best or great daily car I can buy for less then 18k USD?
AWD, FWD, RWD, all setups are welcomed, but has to include price of the Automatic. Yes Automatic.. Unless its this rwd toyota that can be in Manual.
Toyota_Aygo_Crazy.jpg

So what car? Fiesta? Nissan Versa? Give some ideas guys. The more features of the car better.
Can be sporty, economical, or both if possible. Also right away I wanna say no Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit and no GM cars.

If you simply must... the Honda Fit or the Mazda2. The Mazda2 is far from being loaded, and it's only a 4AT, but it's the most fun to drive in that price range. The Honda Fit has incredible space, a five-speed auto, a great engine and good handling. Only niggle is that five-speed has insanely long ratios for such a small engine.

Why does it have to be auto?

Because I want an auto. Never driven stick, but I am thinking about it.

If you simply must... the Honda Fit or the Mazda2. The Mazda2 is far from being loaded, and it's only a 4AT, but it's the most fun to drive in that price range. The Honda Fit has incredible space, a five-speed auto, a great engine and good handling. Only niggle is that five-speed has insanely long ratios for such a small engine.

I really dislike the Fit looks, Mazda 2 sounds better and looks better, well except that 4 speed.
So so far two candidates.
HondaFit2010.jpg

2011-mazda-2-01.jpg

Last edited:
If I go used I can buy a nice MB even for 15 grand! I want new because of the warranty and what not. I was looking at Fusion, nice car. But pricey

I am not buying one this year, within 12 months from now, just looking at different options, brand new with good warranty, cheap to maintain, also not too big because I might move out to Mexico within 2 years to stay and live there. Unless I go there and save up money on buying a car there. But lets see some options in USA for now.

So far

Ford Fiesta
Automated Price and 5 door version starts at 16.1K
+Best looking
+Best Transmission
+Nice looking interior
+Loaded for cheap
-Would have to buy nicer rims, or get an upgrade from Ford

I think thats about it, help me fill out good and bad about each car.

Honda fit Automated Starts at 16.4K
+Most Specious
+Honda Reliability
+Nice interior
-Very weired sitting position (yes I set in one)
-Ugliest out of the bunch
Thats all I know about it..

Mazda 2 starts at 14.7k'
+Cheapest
+Nice interior just like the other ones
+Should be zoom zoom on twists and turns
-20 year old technology in a transmission

All 3 cars have great fuel economy, so no need to talk about that.

Last edited:
Back