GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
Finally I got a decent pic of my jetta on,sorry I'M a computer booby.I've never dyno'd it but best conservative est 200 hp the exhaust has been mod flowmaster,cold air intake K&n,performance ign Accel,turbo blow off valves ,timers,& per chip.going to lower susp later this year hope to do a little sports racing:tup:

Here is my SW20

l_b1216b6ba1dd9012e7a70b7eba2efdd8.jpg

factory turbo car not a conversion.

Mods include:

ATS CT-27 turbo upgrade
ATS throttle body inlet
Aftermarket Intercooler
EMSpowered cold pipe
KO downpipe
Cat delete
Airbox removed
Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Cool car man, do you still have your AW?

As of an hour ago.

I am VERY jealous of you. That is EXACTLY the car I wanted when I first started shopping for cars. It's a shame I couldn't find one. I get this sad feeling every time I pass one on the road. Oh well. My car has very similar performance statistics (if not just a shade quicker) and I get leather seats, and premium audio. :D But Nothing beats the cool factor of a blacked out P71 with a push bumper though. :(

I am VERY jealous of you. That is EXACTLY the car I wanted when I first started shopping for cars. It's a shame I couldn't find one. I get this sad feeling every time I pass one on the road. Oh well. My car has very similar performance statistics (if not just a shade quicker) and I get leather seats, and premium audio. :D But Nothing beats the cool factor of a blacked out P71 with a push bumper though. :(

Thanks! Not only does it have a pushbar, but it has everything else a police car would have haha. Lights, Siren and the cage. I think your 300M Special would be quicker though with it's weight advantage. This thing just loves to be sideways though.

Last edited:
This is my 1981 Volvo 244 GLT:
53808-479786.jpg

53808-479783.jpg

Lowered about an inch, white indicators instead of the ugly stock orange ones and Eiker E1 17x7,5" rims.

136 HP and 190 NM (stock).

It's going through a cylinder head restoration at the moment though (driven without motor oil for a while).

Last edited:
Oh yes! I'm pretty sick of them myself.. Some BBS RS type of things wouldn't be too shabby. Then a bit more lowering and spacers in the back! :drool:

I want a beige 242/4 with the early grill (gamla fronten ;)), US tails and polished RSs. Most 200s around here look the same.

I already did something like that yesterday by accident. I saw my buddy walking down the street and I made a U-turn after a car passed by and as soon as I pulled the u-turn the car that passed in the opposite direction slammed on his brakes.

Its already started. :D Now you see what I was talking about in terms of how to have fun. Just don't have any lights, don't say anything, and don't wear anything that could be mistaken as a police uniform and you'll be ok.

I currently Drive a Ninteen Eighty Six Pontiac Fiero GT

I WANT YOUR CAR KTHX! :D

This is my 1981 Volvo 244 GLT:
53808-479786.jpg

53808-479783.jpg

Lowered about an inch, white indicators instead of the ugly stock orange ones and Eiker E1 17x7,5" rims.

136 HP and 190 NM (stock).

It's going through a cylinder head restoration at the moment though (driven without motor oil for a while).

That Volvo is sexy as hell. 👍

1989 Jeep Wrangler Islander
Brand new 4.2 I6, 5-speed, Weber carb, Borla 6-2-1 header, glasspack muffler
Roughly 152,500 miles on the odometer, and about 600 on the new engine.
jeep009.jpg

jeep012.jpg

jeep014.jpg

jeep016.jpg

jeep018.jpg

jeep020.jpg

And just for good measure, my exhaust :P

Thanks! Not only does it have a pushbar, but it has everything else a police car would have haha. Lights, Siren and the cage. I think your 300M Special would be quicker though with it's weight advantage. This thing just loves to be sideways though.

Wow, lights and siren still? All P71s here in the states are stripped of everything police except the pushbar and spotlight. No cage, no plexiglass, no lights, and definetly no siren.

How much do the P71s weigh? I forgot. I think its damn close to 4000lbs though. My engine is rated for 255hp but is really only making about 180 to the wheels (due to the crappy tranny Chrysler decided to use). I see yours is a 2002+ since it doesn't have amber turn signals in the brake light, so if its a 02-04 your engine is rated at 215hp (225? it's been a while since i last read all the specs on the P71). 05+ they are rated for 240hp I think (again, it's been a while). Either way, after you figure in drivetrain loss and my weight advantage and the gearing of the tranny, I think we would have a pretty even race. ;) I'd get you off the line but you would catch up after 70 or 80 and then it would be neck and neck.

Wow, lights and siren still? All P71s here in the states are stripped of everything police except the pushbar and spotlight. No cage, no plexiglass, no lights, and definetly no siren.

How much do the P71s weigh? I forgot. I think its damn close to 4000lbs though. My engine is rated for 255hp but is really only making about 180 to the wheels (due to the crappy tranny Chrysler decided to use). I see yours is a 2002+ since it doesn't have amber turn signals in the brake light, so if its a 02-04 your engine is rated at 215hp (225? it's been a while since i last read all the specs on the P71). 05+ they are rated for 240hp I think (again, it's been a while). Either way, after you figure in drivetrain loss and my weight advantage and the gearing of the tranny, I think we would have a pretty even race. ;) I'd get you off the line but you would catch up after 70 or 80 and then it would be neck and neck.

I believe they weigh over 4000lbs. Not to mention my front push bar up front is made of steel and would add a bit more. Mine is actually a 2000 P71. The P71's for 2000 were rated for 225hp and 290ft lbs of torque. In 2002 they were uprated to 239hp and then in 2004 they were uprated again to 250hp. I think you'd get me in a race due to all the extra weight I have. This car is way too fun to just drive the speed limit and watch everyone in your rear view mirror afraid to pass me. It's also hilarious to see cars coming at me dip down because they are slamming on their brakes so hard when they see me coming haha.

Funny story, was filling up at a gas station today when some cute chick in her modified integra pulled up beside me to fill up as well. She got out looked at my car for a few seconds then looked at me with a weird look, looked at my car again and gave me a cute smile. I love this car.

Last edited:
Yes I still have the AW. I sold my EF though..

I'm just addicted to MR2s. :)

Quite understandable, I drove one a while back while looking at AWs for a friend and it was one of the most fun to drive cars I have driven, the same car has come up for sale again and it is causing no small amount of consternation on my part.

When I drive the aw I sometimes get forgetful and start to expect a huge rush of power when I hit 4000rpm and I'm always let down :(

Last edited:
I believe they weigh over 4000lbs. Not to mention my front push bar up front is made of steel and would add a bit more. Mine is actually a 2000 P71. The P71's for 2000 were rated for 225hp and 290ft lbs of torque. In 2002 they were uprated to 239hp and then in 2004 they were uprated again to 250hp. I think you'd get me in a race due to all the extra weight I have. This car is way too fun to just drive the speed limit and watch everyone in your rear view mirror afraid to pass me. It's also hilarious to see cars coming at me dip down because they are slamming on their brakes so hard when they see me coming haha.

Funny story, was filling up at a gas station today when some cute chick in her modified integra pulled up beside me to fill up as well. She got out looked at my car for a few seconds then looked at me with a weird look, looked at my car again and gave me a cute smile. I love this car.

Does this mean you are discovering the joys of a cool sedan with a V8 in it?:P

Two words: Bench seat ;)

Bah, I knew my figures would be off a little bit. The important thing is that you are enjoying an awesome car. :D

I want a beige 242/4 with the early grill (gamla fronten ;)), US tails and polished RSs. Most 200s around here look the same.
;)👍

There is a guy in my city from Norway (he is called Norsken ;)) who have had a few 242's with turbo, and they looked awesome!
That Volvo looks awesome!
PuTTe_TuTTe, your Volvo, I'd drive it all day.
JCE
That Volvo is sexy as hell. 👍
Thanks guys, glad someone likes it! :dopey:

Back