GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
Look into RMs, half the price of RSs and literally ten times better than Lensos.

New day means new trims..

I will certainly have a search for this :)
thx for the tip

A photoshoot with your car and my car would look amazing...

I don't think I've posted the Civic in here yet, so here's the thread.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3177573#post3177573

If we had a shoot, it would probably work a lot better than the one my friend wanted to do with his little, stock 6th-gen hatchback that ended up looking like crap next to my car because it just didn't look as nice. He pretty much just wasted my time doing it.

But, if you're in Dallas, let me know. We'll hit up one of the parking garages down there that get empty on weekends. 👍

Um, that's not snow..
Reminds me of Superbad though ;)

Reventón;3222883
If we had a shoot, it would probably work a lot better than the one my friend wanted to do with his little, stock 6th-gen hatchback that ended up looking like crap next to my car because it just didn't look as nice. He pretty much just wasted my time doing it.

Well, that's a cool thing to say. Glad I'm not your friend.

ND4SPD: You aren't sideways in any of those pictures. What's wrong?

6th gen civics do look like crap when stock. The key is not caring what other people think of your car. And yes, the pictures do turn out crap when you do a photoshoot with a crappy car in every single one of the pictures.

Well, that's a cool thing to say. Glad I'm not your friend.

I don't care. He joy rides off my ass, and makes excuses to never pay gas money to me. Plain & simple, his car looked like crap. It wasn't clean which it showed in the light, and he wasted my time by only putting our cars in 1 position (next to a lightpole of all things), and taking 3 photos afterwards, leaving. Worse yet, he did it at 11PM in the cold.

I apologize if I offend any owners, but a stock EX (or DX, I don't know; one of the 2) hatchback from the 6th generation Civic just doesn't look nice next to my TL. Maybe if he had some tasteful mods, I'd be alright, but it's a bone stock EX/DX Civic hatchback.

I'm all for doing a photoshoot with anybody, just clean your car up, and don't take 3 pictures in 1 spot, then leave. Have some taste, and know what positions the cars will look good in. Just don't waste my time.

Reventón;3223322
Plain & simple, his car looked like crap. I apologize if I offend any owners, but a stock EX (or DX, I don't know; one of the 2) hatchback from the 6th generation Civic just doesn't look nice next to my TL. Just don't waste my time.

Yes and your TL (whatever it means) is the most beautiful thing on Earth. I guess nothing looks nice next to your TL. I'm happy for you and your nice TL.

eiriksmil
Winter sled with new wheels:

trims.jpg
That's what I'm talking about! :lol: 👍

Reventón
Plain & simple, his car looked like crap. I apologize if I offend any owners, but a stock EX (or DX, I don't know; one of the 2) hatchback from the 6th generation Civic just doesn't look nice next to my TL. Just don't waste my time.
No offence, but I think your TL is pretty equal to that Civic when it comes to the look.

Yes and your TL (whatever it means) is the most beautiful thing on Earth. I guess nothing looks nice next to your TL. I'm happy for you and your nice TL.

I never said it was at all. However, if you wish to post like a douchebag, go for it.

His car, though, looks like crap next to mine. His. His next time mine is the equivalent of my TL next to someone's Ferrari. You wonder why the hell is that car there.

If you've got a hatchback that doesn't look like a pos though, I'll gladly shoot it next to any of my cars.
That's what I'm talking about! :lol: 👍

No offence, but I think your TL is pretty equal to that Civic when it comes to the look.
You've never seen his Civic. How can you possibly have an opinion on its looks?

Reventón;3223575
You've never seen his Civic. How can you possibly have an opinion on its looks?
*Goes back one page and read the post again*

Wops! Misunderstanding by me, Sorry!

Last edited:

VS

tlxh4.jpg

I agree that this would look a little better. ;) I do prefer the Civic's appearance, but a TL Type-S is in a different class anyway.

I totally agree with the old Civic and TL shoot though, it would be like me taking pictures of my old Grand Am with my friend's S2000. Chances are, most older Civics look rough unless they are owned by someone who has made some nice modifications, probably repainted it, and so forth.

Edit: What does Acura call that color? They look really similar.

Last edited:

VS

tlxh4.jpg

I agree that this would look a little better. ;) I do prefer the Civic's appearance, but a TL Type-S is in a different class anyway.

I totally agree with the old Civic and TL shoot though, it would be like me taking pictures of my old Grand Am with my friend's S2000. Chances are, most older Civics look rough unless they are owned by someone who has made some nice modifications, probably repainted it, and so forth.

Edit: What does Acura call that color? They look really similar.
Acura calls it Carbon Bronze Pearl.

Being a fan of fine auto's, I always have loved the GT games. (I remember waiting for GT1 for the PS1)
At that time I was driving a Modified '92 GSXR-750 and a '91 Daytona Turbo. :sly:
GSXR750.jpg

Top Speed 168mph (I ran out of track...:indiff:)

By the time I got GT2, I had gone back to a smaller track car.
Something with good handling and good gas mileage :dopey:
mysiatmeet.jpg

the '02 Si was fun! "RALLY SHIFTER!" :dunce:, but top speed only 145MPH.

Still wanting more power, I put some money into more of a true sports car!
017-1.jpg

Yes! the 1992 Corvette weighs 3298lbs- about 600lbs more than the Si.
But it out handles the Si on the track, has 200lbs more torque than the Si, cost a third of what the Honda did... and looks WAY cooler! :sly:
016-1.jpg

Today it snowed about 4 inches, so I did some snow drifting after practicing on GT4 with this same car on Chamonix and snow tires!
Let me tell you, TRY IT! (GOOD LUCK!) I use a GT Pro wheel and playseat... Be VERY careful with the throttle! I was again amazed that it is exactly like the real deal! I was hanging it sideways even with traction control. It wasn't fast, but controlled, and fun as hell! Then I remembered how many times I crashed at Chamonix... Time to go home!

Then I washed it really good (especially the underside!) and put it back in the shed for another month! Now I'm looking for a track and whatnot to race again, hence me being back here after so long... 💡 Have fun and drive safe!
Cars Rule, Trucks Drool!

:indiff: I get a lot of Honda guys hating on my Vette. Then I show them what torque is! :sly: Remember the Si is only a CIVIC, putting out around around 130lbs of torque (less to the wheels!) The Vette is putting out 330lbs. Any large track will show you a corvette will kill a civic, so it's like apples and oranges.

The wife still has a Rally Red '05 Civic (our 9th Honda) and I still drive that daily. So I don't hate Honda's, they just are too slow for racing unless you have gobs of money oozing out of your pockets! We're on a budget, so I bought the best budget race car we could afford!

YES the Honda K20 is way more expensive to upgrade than the LT1 motor! But to each his own! 👍

I was reluctant to post in here because I haven't touched my car now and its under " Project 240sx" for the winter season but here it is: my " project to stock" 240sx
Before:
IMG_1042.jpg

and...(see attachments)
It was stolen for a couple of months since I bought it. They stole the radio and manage to lightly damage the car. Though found on the highway near by with clothing and smelling like smoke. So I erased my plans and trying to put it back to stock form as much as possible. I believe that it has its infamous tick that I am also reluctant to face because of my own reasons. Since it would be cheaper to do it as a DIY, I am afraid that I might mess up something. For now I drive my brothers 1999 5spd Honda Civic Ex. ( Will post pictures when I get back from work.Also I have taken off the foglights)

Attachments

• lol 001.jpg
    lol 001.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 17
  • S13 005.jpg
    S13 005.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 18
I drive a 2002 Ford Focus 2.0
Outputs around 130hp.

Not amazingly quick, but fairly can really does pull when you want it to, I've noticed torque steer at higher revs, in first happens fairly often. Yeah it's fwd, but it's faster and has more room than any of my friend's cars. And I enjoy driving it.

It's in need of a wash too.

Picture:
DSC00558-1.jpg

Reventón;3223322
I don't care. He joy rides off my ass, and makes excuses to never pay gas money to me. Plain & simple, his car looked like crap. It wasn't clean which it showed in the light, and he wasted my time by only putting our cars in 1 position (next to a lightpole of all things), and taking 3 photos afterwards, leaving. Worse yet, he did it at 11PM in the cold.

I apologize if I offend any owners, but a stock EX (or DX, I don't know; one of the 2) hatchback from the 6th generation Civic just doesn't look nice next to my TL. Maybe if he had some tasteful mods, I'd be alright, but it's a bone stock EX/DX Civic hatchback.

I'm all for doing a photoshoot with anybody, just clean your car up, and don't take 3 pictures in 1 spot, then leave. Have some taste, and know what positions the cars will look good in. Just don't waste my time.

No offense but I have seen EK hatch backs that look better than any Acura I have seen...Especially the 2009 ones those are terrible.

Back