GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schedule looks good and I like the Titles. Distances are good too. 👍

I can agree with the specs. Can we still bump draft down straightaways? At least at Indy since it's a long straightaway, not so much Motegi. I do agree with no bumping in the corners. Or is this no bumping at all? Because I bump down every long straightaway in just about every race nascar or not to knock time off my laps. Maybe you need to rephrase this to zero bumping allowed at all tracks except Daytona and SSRX. I think thats rather harsh though. I just want a clear defintion because if it isn't clear there will be problems with many drivers on track in a particular or unique situation(s).

I second this. 👍

Good points made by Knelly and Ken. We'll have to discuss that further, but I think car specs are all but final.

Nationwide cars in real life are actually lighter than cup cars. That's why I didn't want to add ballast.

Medium tires are too grippy for such a low amount of power, in my opinion. I honestly don't care about tire wear. Sport Softs would make the cars slower, but people complained when I brought them up.

SC cars 552hp 1600kg and NW 453hp 1565kg. And both on the same tires. That should work.

Seems like everyone has a different opinion on this :/

anyone available to do some testing after the race?

I think you and Drop should just decide together. You're never gonna get the rest of the grid to agree to the same stuff, just sort it out internally :)

TomMcD
I think you and Drop should just decide together. You're never gonna get the rest of the grid to agree to the same stuff, just sort it out internally :)

We had a nice PM convo going the other day lol.

I'd like to get some draft testing in, though.

Alright, this is the car spec we are using:

483 hp, 1590 kg (25kg ballast), racing hard tires.

This is final and will not change again. Next issue up for debate is bump drafting around Indy and Motegi. Go!

Shouldn't be too hard if it's completely banned, really. 2-car tandems around Indy is not racing.

MÜLE_9242;7286126
Alright, this is the car spec we are using:

483 hp, 1590 kg (25kg ballast), racing hard tires.

This is final and will not change again. Next issue up for debate is bump drafting around Indy and Motegi. Go!
Ban it. Make the teams get creative and slingshot each other.

Ban it. Make the teams get creative and slingshot each other.

I like this, still have to cooperate with a team member. And might actually make us all a little bit cleaner around many drivers.

I propose running the races at 5pm BST to make absolutely sure they don't clash with TOCA, because I think there are plenty of TOCA drivers capable of making the season.

I propose running the races at 5pm BST to make absolutely sure they don't clash with TOCA, because I think there are plenty of TOCA drivers capable of making the season.

Carb, Joe, gokartman, Akmuq, Furi and myself are all TOCA drivers who would be racing in Nationwide I suspect.

I'll be sprint cup only, and I didn't think sprint cup drivers were being allowed to race in nationwide next season?

I'll be sprint cup only, and I didn't think sprint cup drivers were being allowed to race in nationwide next season?

As stated in the OP (at the very end):

Drivers in the Sprint Cup can only compete in a maximum of 3 Nationwide races this season, no exceptions.

As stated in the OP (at the very end):

Drivers in the Sprint Cup can only compete in a maximum of 3 Nationwide races this season, no exceptions.

Hmm. Not a massive fan of this ruling. Much rather have them all in or all out. This may make team owners pick and choose which events they'd rather race in like finales and the road courses.

I quite enjoy Sprint Cup intervention if I'm honest. Really makes you up your game and brings a different dimension to racing that other series do not have. Then of course, the real life factor.

I work afternoon shifts whenever I do get work. that's 4:30 - 1:00 am. You guys are asking me to get up, get ready and have a room open by 11:00 am. I simply cannot guarantee that.

Hmm. Not a massive fan of this ruling. Much rather have them all in or all out. This may make team owners pick and choose which events they'd rather race in like finales and the road courses.

I quite enjoy Sprint Cup intervention if I'm honest. Really makes you up your game and brings a different dimension to racing that other series do not have. Then of course, the real life factor.

I actually like this ruling because as a rookie starting out you will feel you will acually have a chance to win a race as such I did at the indy finale is S1 when no sprint cup drivers were allowed.

Team owners shouldn't have to pick which races to run if they have the right drivers on their team or can find replacements.

Someone else could open the room and you could just get there before qualifying or the race? TOCA and this competing won't go down well for either series I think.

I agree with the 3 race rule, good idea.

I can do 12:30. that's the earliest I can do. That's 5:30 BST I think.

I think that would be fine and if the opening race pushes it, i'm sure you could work something out with Furi for the DRIVEFORCOPD 300.

Oh yeah, the opening race needs renaming to that like last season's opener ;)

I think that would be fine and if the opening race pushes it, i'm sure you could work something out with Furi for the DRIVEFORCOPD 300.

Oh yeah, the opening race needs renaming to that like last season's opener ;)

Furi's stated to me he would push back TOCA or have a mid-season break in TOCA for the Opener.

Should be all-good.

My understanding with the SC drivers rule, is that they are allowed to run in no more than three NW events, if their group of drivers cannot make a race for whatever reason, and not to just pick an event they want to run in and tell the NW driver they are not running that week. Also, if this happens on a regular basis, there should be enough SC drivers to fill in so no one driver would have to race in more than three.

I believe you are EST Mule (?) so yes, that would be a 5 hour gap. And as for it being British Summer Time .... should be called British Any Day Of Rain Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back