GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can put your name down on the list, then when Team owners are figured out, you should be able to get a seat.

If u ban bump drafting it may be hard to call. Would you just decide to penalize a driver based on bump drafting lap times. And if you do, you would need to look for legal slipstreaming lap times. Just saying if you bump someone in the corner it may be to tough to call fairly throughout the whole field. And there's no real way of controlling it. And how do u penalize it? Some good questions to think about if u were to ban bumping at flat tracks.

I am okay with a No Bump Draft Rule eitherway.

I was just comparing the S4 SC schedule side-by-side with the S2 NW schedule and the NW will only host 3 support races with the SC? That doesn't sound right. I thought most of us wanted to see the NW run more support races for the SC. This would make owning teams in SC & NW easier each week alongside with a possible full-team practice focused on one track per week.

Last edited:
I never thought about details yet. just want everyone's opinion on everything first.

Since I'll most likely only be racing 3 times myself (since there's a 99% chance I'll be in Sprint cup again) I can Moderate it better and even hand out black flags mid race if need be.

I might not end up running for the NW Championship, but I'll go for doing those 3 races whenever needed.

I definitely want to race at Laguna if my Cup team has an opening that weekend. One track I wish we could have in the Cup schedule for sure; love it.

Well ultimately I think it depends on what the Cup does since this is used to prepare drivers for that you want them as similar as possible. If we up to power and drop the tyres at Indy for the Cup, do the same here; if not, you may have to ban bumping in the corners as suggested above.

I get the feeling that Drop wants to keep things as they are, honestly.

The start procedure I outlined should definitely be implemented for Sprint Cup, though..

MÜLE_9242;7272734
I get the feeling that Drop wants to keep things as they are, honestly.

The start procedure I outlined should definitely be implemented for Sprint Cup, though..

Yeah, that's the main issue you two need to talk about. Bottom line is, these cars need to be easier to drive yet fairly similar to the Cup cars.

EDIT: Doubt the start procedure will go down well in the Cup considering the quali setups people like to run haha.

I tend to lean towards consistency and ease of access when organizing things, especially for newer drivers like the Nationwide series will be catering to. I like to know that we can roll out the same car week after week, and not worry about which tire I have on the car this week, or how much ballast is on the car at this track vs that track. Knowing that all of the cars will always runs X hp/Y kg/Z tire is a good thing to me.

For a development series like the NW series, I think having a softer racing tire is a good thing, as it's more forgiving, and forces pit strategy into play, even in the shorter races. The extra ballast is also helpful for helping plant the cars more firmly on the track, especially helpful when trying to prevent spins at Daytona.

Actually, when the track is reset, that allows people to go into settings, and line up with everyone else, so qualifying setups wouldn't have to be banned.

And the SS tires really only make them harder to drive on Road courses, but it really isn't that bad. Just have to be more careful on the gas.

brb work

Nurburg seems interesting.

I'm up for this so long as dates work out good.

I've got TOCA so I'll probably be a reserve but wouldn't mind driving for anyone really when the time comes.

Small idea I got in my head when I was working:

Keep Sport Soft tires, but allow Traction Control. y/n/m?

Maybe you could allow it up to a certain extent, like 1 or 2, and only on road tracks.

I was thinking that, but you really don't need it on ovals in the first place. Limiting it to 3 was what I was thinking as well.

If Drop wants pit strategy, then I can easily remove the mandatory pitstop.

Of course, Sprint Cup can be bumped up to 600 hp, and both Cup and Nationwide go on Racing Hards. I don't like mediums with such a low amount of horsepower. Nascars, regardless of what class, are not supposed to be easy to drive.

EDIT: Actually, screw it. Going to Racing Hards, no traction control. I still want a bump up in power for Sprint Cup though.

Last edited:
Well the Cup should obviously stay at 502hp at Daytona so the only power rise would come at the road courses and Indy/Motegi and I think Drop isn't planning on changing those either for the reasons he listed.

The Sprint Cup series regulations aren't likely to change, at least not significantly (maybe more power at SSRX, to reduce the monotony). Higher speeds typically lead to less car control, and more accidents. Accidents lead to angry drivers, which we would like to avoid as much as possible. I like our current version of controlled chaos.

Nothing says you have to stay at 453hp/1600kg though. You could bump up the power to 473 or so, and still have a noticeable difference in car performance between the Cup cars and NW cars. I do wish you would keep a little ballast (15-25kg maybe) and a softer racing tire though, to increase tire wear for your shorter races.

Keeping the current spec would certainly benefit S1 drivers who put time into getting the tunes right.

Knelly
Keeping the current spec would certainly benefit S1 drivers who put time into getting the tunes right.

Sprint cup tunes translate well to Nationwide from last season, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Keeping the tires on Racing hard, and not adding ballast (or adding a small amount like 15 kg if you insist) would also make a transition to Cup easier. that is what this series is for, right?

I agree with taking the ballast off mule and the switch to hard tires isn't that big of a deal anyways if you got a good set underneath you.

Oh, in case you guys missed it, I added names and distances to all of the races. Just need to work on a finale order and dates.

Can everyone agree on 493 hp, 15 kg of ballast, racing hard tires, with bump drafting banned on Indy and Motegi?

I honestly don't think the bump drafting idea would work. Consider if you are trying to close a gap on leaders and end of season points are crucial. It's going to take more than those constraints of trust to stop drivers 'just giving extra little taps'

I can see the arguments now.

I enjoyed the S1 specs quite a lot. Of course, this is coming from an S1 driver but 'if it aint broke, why fix it?' We had exceptionally clean racing at the road events for a feeder series. I hope we can mantain this in S2.

I enjoyed the S1 specs quite a lot. Of course, this is coming from an S1 driver but 'if it aint broke, why fix it?' We had exceptionally clean racing at the road events for a feeder series. I hope we can mantain this in S2.

I thought the specs were good but I think the new specs will be alright. I believe you will be seeing more wrecks if you ban bump drafting by people trying not to bump the person in front of them and go around them when there is someone just on their left rear. Happens a lot during open lobbies so why wouldn't it happen here? Just my 2 cents.

MÜLE_9242;7279042
Oh, in case you guys missed it, I added names and distances to all of the races. Just need to work on a finale order and dates.

Can everyone agree on 493 hp, 15 kg of ballast, racing hard tires, with bump drafting banned on Indy and Motegi?

Schedule looks good and I like the Titles. Distances are good too. 👍

I can agree with the specs. Can we still bump draft down straightaways? At least at Indy since it's a long straightaway, not so much Motegi. I do agree with no bumping in the corners. Or is this no bumping at all? Because I bump down every long straightaway in just about every race nascar or not to knock time off my laps. Maybe you need to rephrase this to zero bumping allowed at all tracks except Daytona and SSRX. I think thats rather harsh though. I just want a clear defintion because if it isn't clear there will be problems with many drivers on track in a particular or unique situation(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back