GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be very interested but cant commit with TOCA :eek:

EDIT: Think I can as the only race (Carb tells me) it clashes with is the Daytona 300 :)

neljack
Id be very interested but cant commit with TOCA :eek:

EDIT: Think I can as the only race (Carb tells me) it clashes with is the Daytona 300 :)

Yup, and there'll be exceptions made for that (see above).

Nice to see you get into NASCAR mate! Sure you'll get snapped up by a team :)

would this be before or after TOCA? i'm not in it but i'm just thinking about timings...

would this be before or after TOCA? i'm not in it but i'm just thinking about timings...

Before, but currently only by 1 hour 30 minutes at best apparently... though I could possibly host some races if Mule can't, so that they would certainly remain out of TOCA's way...

After all, the plan at the beginning was to keep these two series completely separated and we should certainly do just that when we get to begin this.

Only the first and last races will be over an hour long. 👍

Now that I think of it, we could even avoid conflicting altogether if the next season doesn't start until after TOCA Season 5 is over, and S6 would never take place on the same weekend with a race longer than an hour.

But that really requires planning and cooperation with Furi...

I've got plans for rolling TOCA S6 out after a 3 week break from S5. I've no issue with holding TOCA by up to 20 minutes for the longer races, as I am a little more flexible. Just means slightly shorter breaks between the TOCA races. When MULE gets the season launched i'll look at the calendar and see what I can sort out 👍

I've got plans for rolling TOCA S6 out after a 3 week break from S5. I've no issue with holding TOCA by up to 20 minutes for the longer races, as I am a little more flexible. Just means slightly shorter breaks between the TOCA races. When MULE gets the season launched i'll look at the calendar and see what I can sort out 👍

you need to let the touring car drivers have some fun in other cars inbetween season furi :P. imagine jason plato vs brian vickers.....carnage :D

So, I was talking to Sam (gokartman) about this earlier and he said something along the lines of 'I can race every other week' due to his karting commitments. Just out of interest, theoretically would it be allowed for a team to run multiple drivers for the same car over the course of the season as happens IRL sometimes?

E.g: Kartman does 6 rounds of racing, we hire a non SC driver for 3 rounds and run SC drivers for the other 3.

Not that i'm particularly looking to be a team owner next season but it was just something that interested me.

My understanding of the three-race rule is that you could fill the six races with any Sprint Cup driver, just not with the same driver in more than three races. For example, gokartman could run six races, you could run a maximum of three, as could another Sprint Cup driver.

Gotcha, cheers guys. Just thought I'd be sure in case I have to take a team.

Going to make the preseason schedule tonight after the Camaro race (which you're all invited to come join, we need drivers for that).

Anyone will be free to join any race, in any car as we won't have Team Owners yet. That goes for Sprint Cup drivers as well.

GTP Nascar Nationwide Series II | Preseason Schedule

July 21st: Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway - 55 + 1 laps
July 28th: Nurburgring GP/D - 25 + 1 laps
August 4th: Indianapolis Speedway - 45 + 1 laps
August 11th: Daytona Speedway - 45 + 1 laps

Again, everyone can participate, in any car, until Team Owners for the season are set. I'll have informal copy/paste signup posts before each race.

Will there be a Nationwide "Rookie of the Year" award since this is season two? And since I only ran two races last year, would I be eligible for the RotY award?

When will team owners be decided?

The Sprint Cup season will be done on July 21st. We're hoping to have the Sprint Cup team owner draft in motion almost immediately following the season, especially since a lot of drivers are going to be gone the following weekend. We'll move as fast as we can to get the five new team owners in place so that all free agent drivers will have a chance to sign with team owners for the upcoming Sprint Cup and Nationwide seasons.

The Sprint Cup season will be done on July 21st. We're hoping to have the Sprint Cup team owner draft in motion almost immediately following the season, especially since a lot of drivers are going to be gone the following weekend. We'll move as fast as we can to get the five new team owners in place so that all free agent drivers will have a chance to sign with team owners for the upcoming Sprint Cup and Nationwide seasons.

Don't you mean the 28th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back