GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you mean the 28th?

No, we are running SSRX this weekend, and doing a doubleheader finale on the 21st because too many drivers were going to be absent on the 28th. We didn't want to drag the season out, so we are doing Daytona and Indy back-to-back on the 21st to wrap the season.

Double header of Daytona and Indy on the 21st I believe. SSRX this weekend.

EDIT : Tree'd (whatever that means - god I'm old. Can't keep up with you crazy kids!)

Knelly
EDIT : Tree'd (whatever that means - god I'm old. Can't keep up with you crazy kids!)

Drag racing term, essentially when someone beats you on reaction time when the lights on the 'tree' turn green. 👍

Stormtrooper217
Will there be a Nationwide "Rookie of the Year" award since this is season two? And since I only ran two races last year, would I be eligible for the RotY award?

wasn't planning in it, no.

Mule, want a look at my created Phoenix track for trucks? (Trucks gathering a lot of momentum now)

Created tracks in the top two tier series are a no-no from now on IIRC. I agree with that to be honest.

Created tracks in the top two tier series are a no-no from now on IIRC. I agree with that to be honest.

I agree with Tom.

Phoenix is fun and very realistic but not quite serious enough and an exact/precise track to be part of the Nationwide/Cup schedules.

Don't get me wrong Phoenix has a place in Trucks though.

I had thought that adding another TRM oval race would be a good idea as it could represent other intermediate ovals as well, rather than just representing Darlington.

The only thing I'm thinking about changing is High Speed Ring for Suzuka East, tbh.

Gonna work on the final schedule now,

i know im pretty new into this NASCAR part of GTP but here are some of my views on some of the stuff . (it is a discussion after all, so after this , discuss :P) . Okay, SSRX is my big one. i for one hate it to be honest with you. so i saw that we go there twice.
i saw what people posted about created tracks and how they don't think they are realistic but have you seen SSRX. 18 or so miles of bridges and tunnels. i raced on Furi's phoenix track, and yea it's not the most realistic but it requires skill to do well. you need to practise to get the braking points right. Also unlike many other tracks you can actually go round the outside of people in the corners. not many tracks offer that in the game. .

i know im new here and probably won't be taken as seriously as other people, but these are my views on it. sorry if i sound a bit rude or sound like a pr*ck, just woke up and in a bad mood :grumpy:.

i know im pretty new into this NASCAR part of GTP but here are some of my views on some of the stuff . (it is a discussion after all, so after this , discuss :P) . Okay, SSRX is my big one. i for one hate it to be honest with you. so i saw that we go there twice.
i saw what people posted about created tracks and how they don't think they are realistic but have you seen SSRX. 18 or so miles of bridges and tunnels. i raced on Furi's phoenix track, and yea it's not the most realistic but it requires skill to do well. you need to practise to get the braking points right. Also unlike many other tracks you can actually go round the outside of people in the corners. not many tracks offer that in the game. .

i know im new here and probably won't be taken as seriously as other people, but these are my views on it. sorry if i sound a bit rude or sound like a pr*ck, just woke up and in a bad mood :grumpy:.

In my own opinion Daytona and SSRX are both a crapshoot. I believe you have more control of where you finish at SSRX than you do at daytona realistically. SSRX usually only has one big wreck where daytona its more so in my opinion littler wrecks from bumpdrafting.

I agree, the less SSRX the better, or none at all. :lol: But I think Mule is trying to keep similarities with the SC schedule.

I've grown to hate racing at SSRX, really. Would be much better if it was the old Test Course.

That being said, I'm not dropping it for a Custom track, period. MAYBE, I can drop it for a Tokyo Bay short track.

MÜLE_9242
I've grown to hate racing at SSRX, really. Would be much better if it was the old Test Course.

That being said, I'm not dropping it for a Custom track, period. MAYBE, I can drop it for a Tokyo Bay short track.

I was just thinking that.

I have a guy on my friends list who has a short track league, I'm sure I could get some good tracks.

MÜLE_9242;7331043

that's fair enough. custom tracks are full of glitches and invisible walls and i can understand why people wouldn't want to race there. You were thinking about exchanging high speed ring for suzuka east. how about changing it for one of the SSRX's? one week there may be enough for everyone. I know you're trying to keep it to the SC schedule, but a little variation may be nice. The good thing about HSR and suzuka is that if you have a crash you can work your way back up through the field and you can claw back what you lost. SSRX you tap the wall, lose the draft, evening over.
wow, in one day i have realised how much i hate SSRX :lol:

MÜLE_9242;7329707
The only thing I'm thinking about changing is High Speed Ring for Suzuka East, tbh.

Gonna work on the final schedule now,

Here's what I think:

Keep HSR.

Ditch an SSRX race for Suzuka East.

Don't include custom tracks. They are glitchy and unrealistic.

High Speed Ring is a good track. Many passing opportunities and different lines to run. Meanwhile, it would be better to replace a race at SSRX with Suzuka East since SSRX is a total crapshoot and seems to be hated.

My only problem with Suzuka East is that it is very difficult to pass. You pretty much have to run your opponents into the gravel trap simply to gain positions.

Last edited:
My only problem with Suzuka East is that it is very difficult to pass. You pretty much have to run your opponents into the gravel trap simply to gain positions.

Or, you can draft down the front straightaway, take inside position into turns 1 and 2, and cleanly pass.

Also, you can try leveraging outside position in any turn in the esses into inside position for the following turn in the esses. Most people won't try it, but it can definitely be done. It's the same way you pass on the inside in turn 4 at HSR, by taking the outside lane in turn 3 to set up the pass.

Last edited:
How's this for a schedule:

Round 1. Daytona 300***
Date: August 18th
Distance: 120 laps / 300 miles / 482.8 km

Round 2. GT Academy 150 @ Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway
Date: August 25th
Distance: 100 laps / 150 miles / 241.4 km

(Off week for Labour Day weekend)

Round 3. Zippo 100 @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)***
Date: September 8th
Disance: 28 laps / 100 miles / 160.1 km

Round 4. Aarons 131.7 @ Special Stage Route X (Note: May be replaced with High Speed Ring)
Date: September 15th
Distance: 7 laps / 131.7 miles / 211.9 km

Round 5. Amp Energy 150 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway***
Date: September 22nd
Distance: 60 laps / 150 miles / 241 km

Round 6. Bosch Spark Plugs 125k @ Nurburgring GP/D
Date: September 29th
Distance: 35 laps / 78.29 miles / 126 KM

Round 7. Toyoda Gosei 123k @ Suzuka East***
Date: October 6th
Distance: 55 Laps / 123 KM

Exhibition: Sprint All-star weekend @ Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway
Date: October 13th
Distance: Nationwide Qualifier TBD

Round 8. DieHard 188 @ Special Stage Route X***
Date: October 20th
Distance: 10 laps / 188 miles / 302 km

Round 9. Polyphony Digital 200k @ Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway
Date: October 27th
Distance: 83 laps / 124 miles / 200 km

Round 10. Rolex 100 @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Date: November 3rd
Distance: 44 laps / 100 miles

Round 11. Pepsi 150 @ Daytona International Speedway
Date: November 10th
Distance: 60 laps / 150 miles

Round 12. Indianapolis 200***
Date: November 17th
Distance: 80 laps / 200 miles

***- Race coincides with the Sprint Cup race at the same track

Looks great. I would change to HSR as you already have one SSRX in there already.

Good work 👍

I likel how it worked out absolutely perfectly that the last race is also the last Cup race before the chase.

GTP Nascar Nationwide Series

Preseason Race #1

55 laps of Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway

Green Flag: Saturday, July 21st, 12:30 PM EDT (4:30 PM UTC; 5:30 PM BST)
Room opens at 11:30 AM EDT​

-Since Team owners haven't been established yet, anyone may sign up, in any car they wish. This is simply a practice race to get used to the new specs, and new drivers.

- To sign up, QUOTE this post. REMOVE THE
Fill up the sign-up list, and post.

Code:
[GTP Username] (PSN Tag) - [20XX #XX]

1. MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242) - 2011 #83

Reserves:

GTP Nascar Nationwide Series

Preseason Race #1

55 laps of Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway

Green Flag: Saturday, July 21st, 12:30 PM EDT (4:30 PM UTC; 5:30 PM BST)
Room opens at 11:30 AM EDT​

-Since Team owners haven't been established yet, anyone may sign up, in any car they wish. This is simply a practice race to get used to the new specs, and new drivers.

- To sign up, QUOTE this post. REMOVE THE
Fill up the sign-up list, and post.

Code:
[GTP Username] (PSN Tag) - [20XX #XX]

1. MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242) - 2011 #83
2. Chqr (Chqr) - 2011 #48

Reserves:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back