GTP Nascar Nationwide Series - Series Champion: Spurgy 777

• Thread starter Müle
  • 578 comments

Which tire compound do you want to use for the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Confirmed Attendance for Next Week.
1. RedPartyhat
2. Niop
3. Spurgy777
4. Müle

Maybe

Won't make it

I have reached a milestone in my life (a new great job). So I am not use to my new routine yet. My weekends may be evolving into something else other than what I am ordinarly use to. So I really don't know or can't say how I will foresee my participation any further in this racing series.

So I am not saying I quit or I can't make. My answer is a solid maybe for the next couple weeks until I can decide what it is that I am doing. Ill post my desire to continue to race or withdraw from the series in the weeks to come. So to say, I am a "maybe" until further notice.

Sorry about this Mule to disappoint you, but a God-send has been handed to me and now I have to remain responsible and take the bull by the horns and see where it takes me. I will keep everyone posted. And I will post my confirmation before noon next week.

1. RedPartyhat
2. Niop
3. Spurgy777
4. Müle

Maybe

Won't make it
1. Joe

Can't make the races with the clocks how they currently are, and when the time difference is back to normal I'm still 50/50 on making races, same as before the clocks changed (I couldn't make the last race before they changed). No idea about kartman and akmuq, I've not heard from them.

1. RedPartyhat
2. Niop
3. Spurgy777
4. Müle
5. jammy21

Maybe

Won't make it
1. Joe

1. RedPartyhat
2. Niop
3. Spurgy777
4. Müle
5. jammy21
6. Neljack

Maybe

Won't make it
1. Joe

1. RedPartyhat
2. Niop
3. Spurgy777
4. Müle
5. jammy21
6. Neljack

Maybe

Won't make it
1. Joe
2. Tom

Having friends round for a party so can't make it unfortunately.

Crazy, don't worry if you can't make it or not. A job is more important than this stupid little game.

But speaking of this stupid little game, I have a couple of ideas moving forward (either for this, or SC if we do it again).

First, instead of having the 5 teams of 3 we have now, why don't we have 3 teams of 5? One for each make of car. Anyone on each team can use whatever car they want that's of the specified make (with a cap of maybe 2 drivers per car per race). The team owners would still have ultimate control of who races for them, but it makes it much easier for a guy just wanting a ride to get one. It also means less Team Owners, which is good because I think less people want to be one.

Second, and perhaps this is better suited to SC (and has been mentioned before) is to use a different Power and Tire combo for every track. For example, Daytona could have 502/512/522 HP and Racing Mediums, as grip isn't a factor and makes tire wear a factor again, instead of just fuel saving. At Indy and Motegi, you can keep the Sport Softs, but bump up the horsepower to maybe 552 or so. And Road Courses, keep the power the same, but use Racing Hards.

Just thinking about things and decided to share. Nothing will change for this current season.

Müle;8311445
Crazy, don't worry if you can't make it or not. A job is more important than this stupid little game.

But speaking of this stupid little game, I have a couple of ideas moving forward (either for this, or SC if we do it again).

First, instead of having the 5 teams of 3 we have now, why don't we have 3 teams of 5? One for each make of car. Anyone on each team can use whatever car they want that's of the specified make (with a cap of maybe 2 drivers per car per race). The team owners would still have ultimate control of who races for them, but it makes it much easier for a guy just wanting a ride to get one. It also means less Team Owners, which is good because I think less people want to be one.

Second, and perhaps this is better suited to SC (and has been mentioned before) is to use a different Power and Tire combo for every track. For example, Daytona could have 502/512/522 HP and Racing Mediums, as grip isn't a factor and makes tire wear a factor again, instead of just fuel saving. At Indy and Motegi, you can keep the Sport Softs, but bump up the horsepower to maybe 552 or so. And Road Courses, keep the power the same, but use Racing Hards.

Just thinking about things and decided to share. Nothing will change for this current season.
4 teams of 4 is something I wanted since last season.

And are we going to wait for an hour again for people who can't make it?

Müle;8311445

Sounds good, let's do it. 👍

4 teams of 4 is something I wanted since last season.

And are we going to wait for an hour again for people who can't make it?

Not an hour, no. Qualifying will be normal time, and if there's someone who knows they'll be late, we'll wait 15 minutes for them and no more, and then they'll start at the rear.

Just thought I would chip in and say I intend on restarting sprint cup after this nationwide season.

1. RedPartyhat
2. Niop
3. Spurgy777
4. Müle
5. jammy21
6. Neljack

Maybe
1. Knelly
2. Smuffy
3. D4lvy

Won't make it
1. Joe
2. Tom

Right... Well its for another topic but I have started talking with people about organising it. It needs some tweaks from its old format (would still keep chase, most teams, and
no cautions though).

On nw topic... Should be racing this weekend.

And i was focusing on this and was going to wait until this was almost over before I did anything With the dull in racing with Motegi being pushed back, I thought I'd share some ideas I had that I would use if I ran it.

To be honest, NW / SC don't look like they'll ever beat Trucks in popularity, because... cautions.

Müle
And i was focusing on this and was going to wait until this was almost over before I did anything With the dull in racing with Motegi being pushed back, I thought I'd share some ideas I had that I would use if I ran it.

Share them, I would plan on it being a joint effort anyway. PM me?

To be honest, NW / SC don't look like they'll ever beat Trucks in popularity, because... cautions.

I preferred Sprint Cup to be honest, no cautions, strategy's that don't need to factor in a caution, and cleaner drivers that stick to a line.

I preferred Sprint Cup to be honest, no cautions, strategy's that don't need to factor in a caution, and cleaner drivers that stick to a line.

Racing James/Jakob was so much more fun :P

@Fox, I think it's 9/10pm.

Add me as a maybe. I don't have a ride but I'll fill in for anyone who won't be racing if they let me do so.

Are we going to race although there's 6 confirm to be there (like HSR)?

Back