GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully I'll have a seat in Sprint cup next season.. As work has really killed my afternoon racing hope for a while.. They talking saturday work schedules for the next months..

Hopefully I'll have a seat in Sprint cup next season.. As work has really killed my afternoon racing hope for a while.. They talking saturday work schedules for the next months..

I hope a few drivers like yourself are taken aboard for Sprint Cup. I hope this whole idea of a feeder series works out just as well as we all envisioned it out to be instead of two different series with different sets of drivers. We shall see.

If anyone needs a driver for Saturday I'm more then ready to drive :)

From the size of this update, looks like we might be getting Motegi when GTA is over. I'd like to see it added this season if possible. Just not at the expense of a road course.

As long as we are not already in the Chase, so would I, as we have already dropped two races this season.

The only place I would drop a race this season to add the Southern 300 back in to the schedule would be week 7 or week 11, in place of either remaining SS Route X race. I don't think we'll have Motegi soon enough to do this, so expect the Southern 300 to debut next season, IF the Motegi Oval circuit actually makes it into GT5.

If it does arrive it will be late June most probably as that's when GT Academy ends.

Got an ETA on the tables Drop?

If it does arrive it will be late June most probably as that's when GT Academy ends.

Got an ETA on the tables Drop?

With my wife (maternity leave and teacher's summer break) and brother-in-law (college summer break) at home for the next 3 months straight, I don't get a lot of time to watch race replays and count laps on my PS3. I'll do my best to get to it tonight, if I can get her off of Netflix, or my brother-in-law off of DCUO.

With my wife (maternity leave and teacher's summer break) and brother-in-law (college summer break) at home for the next 3 months straight, I don't get a lot of time to watch race replays and count laps on my PS3. I'll do my best to get to it tonight, if I can get her off of Netflix, or my brother-in-law off of DCUO.

I understand man, cheers 👍

If I have a drive for the next race I can count the laps for you. 👍

Was only jesting mate. But I dud post all the laps counted on a previous post. All present and correct 👍

I still like to verify everything myself, so if any questions are asked, I can verify with 100% certainty. Plus, there's always the chance that the difference in connection from host to someone else could cause a slight variation in a tightly contested lap or two. I think this happened last season at Indy with Homeslice and M-Stall maybe? On their replay, they were first to the line, where in my replay, the other car was first by a thousandth or two of a second. In any situation like that, the host's replay is the official result.

MustangRyan
I still like to verify everything myself, so if any questions are asked, I can verify with 100% certainty. Plus, there's always the chance that the difference in connection from host to someone else could cause a slight variation in a tightly contested lap or two. I think this happened last season at Indy with Homeslice and M-Stall maybe? On their replay, they were first to the line, where in my replay, the other car was first by a thousandth or two of a second. In any situation like that, the host's replay is the official result.

Understand. 👍

Was just asking to see if you needed it.

I'm really looking forward to racing HSR, but honestly I'm really unsure if I can make it. The race is late afternoon/early evening on a holiday weekend with some beautiful weather in the forecast. I want to be there, and will if at all posable, but it would be good to have any interested non-Sprint drivers on stand-by. I'm certainly not bailing on you guys or this series, but I can't make my family wait for me to finish a race when there's barbecue and sunshine to be enjoyed on a National holiday. I'll keep posted how it looks for me as far as making the race.

Mudd
I'm really looking forward to racing HSR, but honestly I'm really unsure if I can make it. The race is late afternoon/early evening on a holiday weekend with some beautiful weather in the forecast. I want to be there, and will if at all posable, but it would be good to have any interested non-Sprint drivers on stand-by. I'm certainly not bailing on you guys or this series, but I can't make my family wait for me to finish a race when there's barbecue and sunshine to be enjoyed on a National holiday. I'll keep posted how it looks for me as far as making the race.

I would happily fill in as it's my favourite track.

kenkwilinski
You can absolutely drive the 2011 #24 at HSR! I pretty much need a permanent 2011 #24 driver for the remainder of the series.

I thought you had DrivetheGuard?

But nevertheless I would happily drive :)

kenkwilinski
I don't think drivethguard will be able to race this season as his schedule has changed again.

I'll happily drive so 👍

Lovely double header this weekend at HSR and maybe I have a chance of making the chase (Very, very unlikely.)

Can still make a name for myself :D

99% I won't make this race I have family coming in tonight from Canada.
Its possible that they will go sightseeing in the city so if that happens, then I'll show up.But I highly doubt that so count on me not coming.

99% I won't make this race I have family coming in tonight from Canada.
Its possible that they will go sightseeing in the city so if that happens, then I'll show up.But I highly doubt that so count on me not coming.

Are you going to hire a replacement driver for substitute points?

In case you aren't familiar with our substitute rules, every driver is allowed to employ a substitute driver one time per season. The substitution for points must be clearly known before the race starts, and the sub driver must use the same car that the normal driver would be in for that race. The substitute driver earns full points in their own name, and the driver missing the race gets 2/3 of those points (remainder rounded down) to his credit.

Example:

You would need to post something like this before the race room opened for HSR:

"GTP_Litchi will be driving for substitute points for RedPartyHat in the 2010 #83 at HSR"

If GTP_Litchi finished 3rd (16 points), and led 6 laps (+1 point), this is how points and stats would be awarded to both drivers:

GTP_Litchi - 17 points (1 start, 6 laps led, third place finish)
RedPartyHat - 11 points (not credited with the start, laps led, or finishing position)

it's gonna be tight for me to make it in time. At best, I'll be there at 10 to 5.

I'm working an overnight shift tonight (6 hours after leaving the office on a regular 9-hour shift) to make some extra diaper money, so I'm definitely OK with pushing the start back a few extra minutes, if needed.

Not much chance of me making it, sorry guys. Next week is one of the weekends I had planned out months ago, taking my daughters to a Zoo on the other side of the state. If anyone's looking for a two-race seat, the #88 is open. Send me a PM and I'll announce it officially. Good luck tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back