GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it would be later, in the Indy slot.

In my opinion, that's an awful slot for the Trucks anyway; wish there was another option.

Its the only one I have available.

Might drop in for a bit in half an hour, won't have a mic on though. Cheers for sticking it up Drop 👍

Summing up Motegi oval from what I saw earlier:

I'd wanted to race in Drop's Motegi room, but you need the track to race on it sadly. Tyres were lasting 20-25 laps if you were in traffic, and probably 30-35 in clean air from what I saw when Mule was running on his own at the end of a race. The front right tyre was the worst tyre when running with others, and if you were running by yourself then both front tyres wore roughly the same. Half a tank of fuel was 40 laps or so, and a 50 lap race took 29-30 minutes.

Entering the pits after turn 4 is fine, and it's best to rejoin on the backstrech after running the apron in 1 & 2. Indy setups were working well, though I'd planned to try my road course setup. Turn 1 & 2 are flat out in the race, with slight braking needed for 3 & 4 (need to slow down about 30mph). The fastest speed I saw from drafting was 177mph before braking into turn 3. The inside is the fastest way around the turns.

EDIT: I've also just thought of an improvement I can make at all races that have a rolling start. Are we having a pace lap + rolling start on the road courses, Drop?

Last edited:
Here's the tentative Season 4 schedule for the Sprint Cup.

Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona Superspeedway (50 laps)

01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps) - Grand Slam race 1
02: FedEx 150 @ SS Route X (8 laps)**
(OFF WEEK - NO RACE)
03: Red Bull 175km @ Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
04: Southern 300 @ Motegi Superspeedway (194 laps)** - Grand Slam race 2
05: Lowes 175 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (70 Laps)
(OFF WEEK - NO RACE)
06: Office Depot 135km @ Suzuka East (60 laps)

GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Motegi Superspeedway
(50 lap open qualifier, 50 lap main, 20 lap finale)**

07: Coca Cola 600 @ SS Route X (32 laps)** - Grand Slam race 3
(OFF WEEK - NO RACE)
08: Best Buy 125 @ High Speed Ring (50 Laps)
09: Home Depot 150 @ Motegi Superspeedway (97 laps)**
10: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (160 Laps) - Grand Slam race 4
(OFF WEEK - NO RACE)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

11: Amp Energy 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps)
12: Toyota 200 @ Motegi Superspeedway (129 laps)**
13: Coke Zero 225 @ SS Route X (12 laps)**
(OFF WEEK - NO RACE)
14: Ford EcoBoost 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 Laps)
15: Target 200 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (80 Laps)

**DLC Track
I like the schedule, aside from no Chase road course, and the length(more than 5 months to complete)

I like the schedule, aside from no Chase road course, and the length(more than 5 months to complete)

Once we get the team owners in place, we can take a vote for how many total races we want to run, and adjust the schedule accordingly. One of the first races to go would likely be one of the SSRX races, as those are the most uneventful.

I'm also wanting to put some cars on track tonight at the Motegi West short course, to see if that might make a decent track. It's almost a perfectly flat paper-clip (think Martinsville, but longer) with a great turn 1 and 2, but a weird 3-turn chicane where turn 3 would be. I think it's at least worth a shot.

motegiw_map.gif

At this point, I think someone could make a really fun NASCAR series using just short road courses, featuring tracks like Motegi West, Suzuka East, Cape Ring Inside, Autumn Ring Mini, etc.

That West course looks very similar to old Snetterton layout. Could be a contender for Suzuka's spot on the calendar I suppose.

Just my two cents but 3 of each oval and 3 road courses seems more than enough to me. NASCAR run 2 in a year long season and we're running 3 in 15 rounds; it's enough.

Motegi West course is technically classified as an Oval. It's an Oval with a hard Right Hand Dog Leg. Many examples of this exist like Autodromo de Dinamita, Autodromo Monterrey, Autodromo de Leon, Brooklands (defunct), Turnberry Court (defunct), Whitchurch (defunct), and Waterford to name a few. So my point is why not use it and toss out the boring SSRX? Sure it's not an authentic Sprintcup track but it compares to International tracks NASCAR has seen before.

Motegi West looks like a good short track. It could be like a Martinsville-meets-Phoenix track since there is a dogleg and the track is less than a mile.

The East course looks pretty good as well, with all of the elevation changes and such, it could make a good Sonoma style track.

I'll go try it out now since I've got scattered reports that EU DLC is out.

:grumpy: I probably won't have it for a month as all I have on it is 0.43c.. :(

Heck, I might even switch to SprintCup for next season if everything now absolutely goes right. It is true that some of the series hits the time period when I end up doing exams, but it shouldn't make participation impossible. However, keep in mind that endurance races (400 miles and over, basically) are an absolute no-no, so to effectively attempt to make the Chase, I'm going to need replacement drivers at the ready.

We'll see how things pan out, but in all honesty, I shouldn't let my location rule me out of a great championship.

Heck, I might even switch to SprintCup for next season if everything now absolutely goes right. It is true that some of the series hits the time period when I end up doing exams, but it shouldn't make participation impossible. However, keep in mind that endurance races (400 miles and over, basically) are an absolute no-no, so to effectively attempt to make the Chase, I'm going to need replacement drivers at the ready.

We'll see how things pan out, but in all honesty, I shouldn't let my location rule me out of a great championship.

You could still start the 3 races that go 400-miles or longer, run as long as you can, and hope to outlast a few people that disconnect. It's better than not running at all, where points are concerned.

You could still start the 3 races that go 400-miles or longer, run as long as you can, and hope to outlast a few people that disconnect. It's better than not running at all, where points are concerned.

I don't think it's a very safe bet - considering that DC's appear to be very rare among these drivers. Better to take 2/3 of another driver's points than be left in last place ultimately because no one else retired.

I don't think it's a very safe bet - considering that DC's appear to be very rare among these drivers. Better to take 2/3 of another driver's points than be left in last place ultimately because no one else retired.

You can only get 2/3 points once per season. So, you would still need to start-and-park at least two races, or risk getting zero points for those races.

If you allow points to be awarded even if I leave entirely (seeing as I can't just leave the system on for the whole night, let alone remain in your lobby all that time) then yes, it's doable.

If you allow points to be awarded even if I leave entirely (seeing as I can't just leave the system on for the whole night, let alone remain in your lobby all that time) then yes, it's doable.

Yes, that is our current policy. If you start the race, you will receive points for your finishing position. If three out of twelve drivers disconnect/quit, they are placed in the finishing order based on their number of laps completed.

I like the oval 👍

A thought, replace one Motegi Superspeedway event with the West short course?

Furinkazen
I like the oval 👍

A thought, replace one Motegi Superspeedway event with the West short course?

Nah, if that were to happen I think the majority would like to replace an SSRX race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back