GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbonox, you said something about me driving the #48 car. I'm confused, will I be driving it today?

Right, I'm having ISP issues tonight. I hope they resolve before the race but if not I'll have to call on a backup driver to take 2/3 points. Anybody free just in case?

Yeah, doesn't look like I'll be getting any points unless my provider stops screwing with me since I don't have any drivers to call on.

I guess I will race in the cup for one race. I'll be right there.

EDIT: Never mind, I've raced enough for one day. Four races in Thunder is enough. :lol:

Last edited:
GTP_Litchi will be driving the #18 tonight for 2/3 points for ACDCROCKS123, who is stuck at work.

FMMFL! Internet is out all over town. There goes my chances. Knelly, sorry I'm not there to help you.

FMMFL! Internet is out all over town. There goes my chances. Knelly, sorry I'm not there to help you.

That's shocking mate! Feel for you, happened to me in IndyCar a few weeks back whilst leading :ouch:

EDIT: Internet's back to normal now, half an hour too bloody late though :rolleyes:

Power at my house flashed off for 5 seconds, when it came back on I was at the main menu.
I don't know man.
This **** doesn't happen to me when I'm in some random public room.
But the power knew I was in my league race so it decided to flash.
I had the fastest car on the track, I was going to try to make a move by pitting early and taking less gas, as soon as I come out of the pits, power decides to say "**** you" to me.

I guess s*** happens. But damn that sucks, been looking forward to this race for a while. On the bright side, at least I got the pole. :lol:

Pretty annoyed after that; my ISP goes back to normal 15 minutes after green flag in a race where I'm certain could have got a load of points. And next week all I've got to look forward to is a road course which I'm awful at :( Cheers anyway Matty, any points are good points at the end of the day.

Now I'm gonna cheer myself up by watching the Cup race.

2nd. :D :D :D :D :cheers: :cheers:

Best ever Sprint Cup Result, in my longest Sprint Cup race. Love it. Add to a brace of 2nd's in BTCC two 3rds in GTP Thunder, brilliant weekend 👍

Don't worry about it Niop. Nothing you could do.

Went into the red with two laps to go, ran out just going into pits with a lap left, giving Litchi fourth spot.

Considering I was effectively on my own out there, it could have been worse than 5th.

Oh, and some people need to understand that if they can't hold the low line, when then sweep up high and someone comes inside, they lose the right to just come back down on them.

Hard work for me tonight. Nice win and stretch of the lead Drop.

Really great race today. Finished 7th but led lots of laps.

44 laps on tires was brilliant but if it wasn't for wrecks and running outta fuel, I could've finished as high as 4th.

Nonetheless, I love this series and I hope I can fill-in sometime soon. Standard and quality of racing is far superior to any other.

Great stuff, drop and 'God save the Sprint Cup.'

Don't worry about it Niop. Nothing you could do.

Went into the red with two laps to go, ran out just going into pits with a lap left, giving Litchi fourth spot.

Considering I was effectively on my own out there, it could have been worse than 5th.

Oh, and some people need to understand that if they can't hold the low line, when then sweep up high and someone comes inside, they lose the right to just come back down on them.

Hard work for me tonight. Nice win and stretch of the lead Drop.

PM sent Knelly.

I'm looking into a few complaints from lap 100, who else saved the race replay, in case I need an extra opinion?

I have it.

I also just completely locked up the brakes by myself on that first stop. no one to blame but myself. :/

Drop, can anything be done about moving the Daytona 500 in S4. I'm away that weekend. Don't mind missing other races but really don't want to miss one if the Majors if it can be helped.

Drop, can anything be done about moving the Daytona 500 in S4. I'm away that weekend. Don't mind missing other races but really don't want to miss one if the Majors if it can be helped.

Let's get the five new team owners in place, sort out the teams, and take a vote after the season is over. We'll see what we can do.

Also, after going back and watching most of the accidents, and checking on some reported incidents, I'm going to ask everyone to re-read the notes I made after the Bud Shootout, from post #182 to #199.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6842626#post6842626

Almost every single wreck in yesterday's race was very preventable.

Please give each other room to brake and turn in to the pits at Daytona. You can pretty much fly in to the pits at Indy and SSRX, but at Daytona, you have to slow down, as the entrance to the pits requires a turn. Also, please have ABS set to at least 1, and never 0. Locking up your tires on pit entry and sliding into the infield grass (or another car) is a sure way to get a drive through penalty (or cause a nasty wreck).

When exiting the pits, do not pull back up in to traffic. Daytona even has a thick yellow line that serves as the border for safe merging. When you do pull back up on to the track near turn one, do not pull up any higher than the very bottom lane. Leave enough room to your right that two lines of side-by-side cars can cleanly pass by at full speed without causing an accident. It is only acceptable to merge back on track before the end of the thick yellow line if absolutely no traffic is coming at all in your rear-view mirror, and you had better be 100% certain that you are correct.

When bump-drafting in a line of cars, a car sometimes slips/slides up a lane on the track in the corners. The driver that slid up should make doubly sure they are clear before pulling back down to the bottom lane. The driver behind them should also make doubly sure that the car in front isn't about to pull right back down to the bottom lane before they stick their own nose under their rear quarter panel and try to pass them. We all know that it can be hard to keep your car glued to the yellow line at Daytona, and sometimes cars slide up when the tires get worn, or push up when they've touched the apron. Give each other some respect and some room, and a lot of these two-car spins will stop happening.

When you've been collected in a wreck, please do your best to stay where you are until other cars have had a chance to pass through. Don't swerve down from the wall to the apron as a group of cars comes by. When you are getting back up to speed, hold your line wherever you are. If you are at the top of the track, try to stay there. If you are at the bottom, try to stay there. I know suspension damage can make the car hard to control at times, but swerving all over the track and changing lanes is a sure way to collect other cars. If you are having trouble steering/controlling your car, let off the gas a little bit. Driving at full throttle with damage is the best way to lose control of your car, especially when the damage unloads and swings your car hard left or right suddenly.

If a wreck sends your car into the grass, do your best to get back to the racing surface safely. Trying to drive as fast as you can through the grass and then straighten the car back out only after you hit the pavement is a great way to slide back up on the track and cause another accident.

Is there anything else we need to cover?

D!## droptop, I think the real life NASCAR could use all of that :lol: they are probably hijacking that right now n passin out copies to the drivers. Very well stated 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back