GTP NASCAR Truck Series S4 - Akmuq, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,027 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well like Furi, from my interpretation of Akmuqs explanation I would like to intercept.

He said everything lagged in front of him. And that it was a championship winning move. Now if you thought a few cars lagged ahead of you and you needed to gain a spot to win a championship would you brake, or keep the foot down hoping for everything to reload before you got there. I know what I would do.

Well like Furi, from my interpretation of Akmuqs explanation I would like to intercept.

He said everything lagged in front of him. And that it was a championship winning move. Now if you thought a few cars lagged ahead of you and you needed to gain a spot to win a championship would you brake, or keep the foot down hoping for everything to reload before you got there. I know what I would do.

If akmuq can upload the replay proving the lag he's 100% clear. And I would have gone for it as well in all honesty.

FYI speaking from an Irish point of veiw things take an awful long time to upload in Ireland.

I also got thought a few things on the phone to my ISP today.

when making the decision you should just remember that the big one was caused by lag, and 2 of the other cautions were caused by lag. It then looked like lag free racing from lap 50 on wards, and going 10 laps without some sort of spike would be a miracle.

Just saying you can't decide who is champion on a split second bit of lag in a dysfunctional room. The whole season could be messed up because of 1 of many lag spikes that occurred during the race.

when making the decision you should just remember that the big one was caused by lag, and 2 of the other cautions were caused by lag. It then looked like lag free racing from lap 50 on wards, and going 10 laps without some sort of spike would be a miracle.

Just saying you can't decide who is champion on a split second bit of lag in a dysfunctional room. The whole season could be messed up because of 1 of many lag spikes that occurred during the race.

^True. Get my PM Sam?

What I learned during half an hour of you lot racing earlier.

Well, rang up my ISP over ongoing internet problems. Was on hold for 15 minutes, then I was answered. He said he would give my internet a diagnostics test. I accepted hoping it would be something complicated that would fix my internet. Basically what happened was this.

He told me to do the following:
Turn off Modem.
Clear browsing history.
Disable AVG Anti-Virus.
Re-start Modem.
Go to Speedtest.net
Take a test.
I got 2.81Mpbs Download and 0.42Mbps Upload.
He said that was very good and said goodbye and hung up...

So I wasted half an hour to be thought how to take a speedtest... Well I am very much considering changing my ISP.. Very much.

I side with Akmuq here, I know I was the one who got the worst out of wreck but it was just lag in that situation and you can't really penalize lag.

Remember RPH this is Furi here.. He does things no one else would think about..

(In a bad way :P)

As long is necessary, it's possibly most difficult decision I have to had to take on GTP.... :scared:

Here are some pics from the last Daytona race and tonights Indianapolis wreck :lol:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5MkLHbyPM&feature=plcp">YouTube Link</a>

Wow that's was a wreck

I think if you're going to punish Akmuq for it, have him sit out Daytona next season.
Nothing good ever, and I mean ever, comes out of a series offcial playing God and stripping a driver of a championship.

Everyone who joins a room is responsible for their own internet connection. Its your job to make sure that you clear your PS3's cache and have the best connection possible.

Its no good coming into a room and blaming the host about the state of the room when you could take a few steps to ensure you have a good connection with the least amount of lag.

I think that if you cause a wreck through lag you should be parked for the next race.

If anyone wants help with their connection then send me a PM and I will gladly try and resolve your issue.

I side with Akmuq here, I know I was the one who got the worst out of wreck but it was just lag in that situation and you can't really penalize lag.

Well, sometimes you can. Like when good ol' GTP_Johny was jumping around the track like a missile once in a Suzuka race. He won, but wasn't damn worthy of it when he took so many people out with a poor connection that didn't belong to points-paying races.

Right guys. Listen. Later on I will take a final look at the replays and I will look as well at the previous couple laps to check if there were any signs of lag. From when I looked yesterday, I would not be surprised if it was lag - lag caused the big one with Akmuq and Niop. Also it seems bizarre that the car would just go straight in the way it did, if ya going that fast into the corner anyway, ya just going to end up wrecking.

I will take a final look later on, before I get to TOCA tonight, but I honestly think it was a unlucky incident now. Which brings me onto next season:

Penalties will be issued in the format of a probation first, and then a points deduction of 2-5 pts depending on the severity of the offence. If it is severe, then probation and points penalty may be implemented at once.

Cautions will not be triggered as easy. If two people wreck out the way then now yellow. For Daytona Road, cautions will only be triggered if there is a major wreck or lots of cars off across the circuit. Also as an indication of pace, 1min 50 is a lap by Spurgy of Daytona Road, fuel lasts to around 16 laps.

Green-White-Checkers will happen, if we get a wreck before the leader takes the white flag then we got to a Green-White-Checker finish - a 2 lap shootout to the end. However I am split if we have one GWC attempt or 3. I need people's thoughts on whether we should have 1 or 3 attempts at a GWC.

Restrictor plate spec will continue to be 650hp, 750hp everywhere else.

And next season will be January :)

Any other questions?

Furi.

Are you saying Furi, that people wouldn't lose their position if they got penalized? That's nothing but unfair to those who get taken out and end up finishing behind a perpetrator.

Are you saying Furi, that people wouldn't lose their position if they got penalized? That's nothing but unfair to those who get taken out and end up finishing behind a perpetrator.

No, I am saying they would just get a pts penalty post-race, which would penalise you down the rankings anyway.

No, I am saying they would just get a pts penalty post-race, which would penalise you down the rankings anyway.

So if I finish 7th because the 6th place akmuq (no offence directed at any Irish people) causes me to wreck, will I be placed in 6th?

So if I finish 7th because the 6th place akmuq (no offence directed at any Irish people) causes me to wreck, will I be placed in 6th?

Depends on the situation. If it was as simple as a straight position swap than yes. If it wasn't, a pts penalty to ensure akmuq (again, just using your name as an example akmuq ;) ) didn't gain anything over you would be put in place.

Depends on the situation. If it was as simple as a straight position swap than yes. If it wasn't, a pts penalty to ensure akmuq (again, just using your name as an example akmuq ;) ) didn't gain anything over you would be put in place.

But do you realize that it's now possible for teams to recruit a goon for the season finale to wreck everyone else out of the way and then finish somewhere in 3rd, effectively eating away points from the wrecked drivers?

But do you realize that it's now possible for teams to recruit a goon for the season finale to wreck everyone else out of the way and then finish somewhere in 3rd, effectively eating away points from the wrecked drivers?

I would penalise a team pts if needed. Pretty much its about making the punishment fit the crime.

I would penalise a team pts if needed. Pretty much its about making the punishment fit the crime.

I thought the idea of penalty systems was also giving a more rightful position for a wronged driver. Every little bit counts after all, in championship fights like this one.

2000th post! Too bad the next user will get 2000th reply... :|

Right. Judgement time. Having looked at Smuffys onboard, it can be seen that it was lag. Akmuq DID NOT drive into the others on purpose. A tap from Smuffy a couple seconds earlier lead tp Akmuq shooting forward and then the car shot forward a little like it was lag tapped again. Further proof is that coming out of Turn 3 on the last lap immediately afterwards, Smuffy gives Akmuq another push and that again lags him forward. As the lag was a result of racing contact and not like someone bouncing around the track, no penalties shall be awarded in this case.

Also Spurgy will not be punished for his move near the end in Turn 3 with Carbonox and Neljack. However think of this as a final time I am this soft, next season will see a much more tightened up penalty and caution system.

And as a copy from my post on the last page:

Penalties will be issued in the format of a probation first, and then a points deduction of 2-5 pts depending on the severity of the offence. If it is severe, then probation and points penalty may be implemented at once.

Cautions will not be triggered as easy. If two people wreck out the way then now yellow. For Daytona Road, cautions will only be triggered if there is a major wreck or lots of cars off across the circuit. Also as an indication of pace, 1min 50 is a lap by Spurgy of Daytona Road, fuel lasts to around 16 laps.

Green-White-Checkers will happen, if we get a wreck before the leader takes the white flag then we got to a Green-White-Checker finish - a 2 lap shootout to the end. However I am split if we have one GWC attempt or 3. I need people's thoughts on whether we should have 1 or 3 attempts at a GWC.

Restrictor plate spec will continue to be 650hp, 750hp everywhere else.

And next season will be January, congratulations to Akmuq, NASCAR Truck Series Season 4 Champion, and Carbonox, RedPartyHat, Matty, and Smuffy, Team Champions. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back