GTP ORB Vintage Sports Car Series | Next Race Thursday @ 9pm

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 600 comments
Remember that old vintage series we ran every now and again? The VSCS I think it was called; well I'm feelin a race this weekend, same time as always, for those interested.

I'm stuck between picking the Toyota 2000GT or the Camaro Z28??? I'll be on track this Saturday with ya. 5pm cdt?

I should be on track too. Stratos or 2000GT???? I'm diggin' both of these cars-hard to decide!

Sweet sweet.
I'm lookin forward to testing my 460/440 theory with the muscle cars in an actual race situation

We've got a little storm(hurricane):nervous: heading our way now. Not sure I'll have power tonite. Have a good race, maybe we can have another practice or two before the season starts.

I'll go ahead and commit to the Stratos. Tricky car but with a little practice has become one of my GT5 favs.

Good racing Sat.nite. I must say I had spent about 70 laps practicing CRS in the crappy weather that afternoon.

My son got a kick out of being on the snow tracks with you guys. He's not too bad for just turning 9!

See you on the track.

Sounds good NC, and I think I'm gonna have to lose the GT350 and go with the Alfa. We need a little more of Italy in the series.

I'm glad. We tried to help him out as much as we could with driving technique and the like. You got a good kid there NC =)

I would like to have a race Thursday night if you guys can attend.
8pm EST, same procedure as usual

On a side note, I am working on a video for this group, so I will be recording that race if you would like to participate

Last edited:
I would like to have a race Thursday night if you guys can attend.
8pm EST, same procedure as usual

On a side note, I am working on a video for this group, so I will be recording that race if you would like to participate

I'm up for Thur. nite. Any tracks in mind?

Video,hmmm. Looks like I'll have to spring for a Car Wash.

I'll try to make it, sorry I can't commit entirely to anything that's kinda spur-of-the-moment. But I should be online and will try to join you if I don't have my hands full.

I figured we could just pick something once we got together there.

Agro: You're fast enough the camera wouldn't be able to keep up with you anyways ;)

I can be around Thursday night. Depends on what time. I'm on the west coast, so what most people consider "night" is "late afternoon" for me. But I should be around by 6 or 7 pm pacific.

You will need my written consent to post any photos or videos of me on the internet though.

8 eastern = 5 Pacific, so you'll prolly be late, but I'm sure I'll still have the lobby open for you to join in.

Hey, it looks like I found a track I am actually better at other than Daytona. I guess I have driven the Nurb more than you guys. My detuned Camaro Z28 wasn't even near as fast as your guys, you guys were saying you were hitting 150-160mph and I was only maxing at 145mph. ThisGuy in his Lancia pulled in front of me a few times only to take himself. So we should definitle put that track on schedule so I can get some points :)

Ha! Think based upon me, the race directors times there that track has about a snowballs chance in hell of goin on the list lol

But on a serious note, if you guys would like it added I will replace one other track with it. Poll will be added to op.

I actually didn't mind running there as much as I though I would. Came in forth in the first race, chasing Skeletor's tail lights. The different methods of achieving the desired PP limit really showed, Ken's Z28, while under powered, was sporting a rear wing. My SS at 100% engine and NO weight reduction or aero, tearing up the straits as it should, just had to slow a bit more through the MILES of turns.

Started literally falling asleep at the wheel as we started the later race, I had to bail or chance waking up in the morning with my Camaro ghost driving around Nurb.

The different methods of achieving the desired PP limit really showed, Ken's Z28, while under powered, was sporting a rear wing.

I use the very lowest limit on the aero, I really dont prefer the downforce. I actually just think that it looks cool since its a special premium peice. Its not this huge obscene euro wing that ruins the car.

Oops. Didn't mean to bust ya. I honestly didn't even remember that rule, as I usually treat aero as a last resort, it's not installed on the majority of my cars.

Back