GTP ORB Vintage Sports Car Series | Next Race Thursday @ 9pm

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 600 comments
I don't understand why there would be no tire wear/fuel consumption and have mandatory pit stop at lap xx.? There's no 'strategy' in that. Have we even tested tire wear on imports vs muscle?

I'm ok with real tire grip. Heavy damage I'm on the fence with. I think everyone failed to mention the "Ring of Hell". If you slip off track just a little, you're in a wall, then you have to drive ALL THE WAY around the track with a busted car. by then, you might as well park it. That will probably happen on the 1st lap when everyone is in the same place racing for position on a narrow track. just keeping it real.

I don't understand why there would be no tire wear/fuel consumption and have mandatory pit stop at lap xx.? There's no 'strategy' in that. Have we even tested tire wear on imports vs muscle?

Lol, I dunno. That does sound stupid now that I ate lunch. I say mandatory pit stop and light damage with tire wear on. Done. Now for Lawrence to decide since I think we all put some input into that.

I am taking the Z28

Last edited:
I knew you were gonna choose that one Skel. You're as predictable as Ford and Mudd :P

Why do you guys always have to be right when I'm off being eccentric? You all know why i like the real damage, and I sort of feel that wrecking deserves the penalty it brings with it, but this has been an uber casual group. I hate to be a John Kerry and be bouncing back and forth, but I guess I can settle for light damage, and I think I will include tire wear. Tonight though I'm going to do some endurance testing on a couple muscle cars and a couple of the skate cars if any of you would like to join. That will be the deciding factor in this.

I believe there is a setting for "Medium Damage". Good comprimise?
I think tire wear/fuel consuption "on" with a manditory pit stop will be good. Most cars will probably require 1 pit stop anyway. As long as we can pit whenever we want. This will add some strategy and depth to the series.

I should be around later and I'll join you for some endurance testing. I'm pretty good with tire wear with all my cars exept GT40.

U r joking about medium damage, right? It doesn't exsist but would b a good compromise if it did.

I should b on later to test too

OP looks great! I'm sticking with Camaro SS, if ya wanna pencil it in.

Yea, the only time I'll be seeing the rear end of that stratos, is when I'm putting it another lap down.

Skeletor27
And everytime I go by I'll be saying "Look out! people driving fast coming through"

You're just askig for it arent you? Trust me Skel this car is no pushover. You doubt it which is understandable but you'll think twice when you see how well it keepa up with bigger more powerful cars. Its all about power to weight and mid engine layout. Hell yeah my friends.

I know you and your car are not pushovers. But sometimes I really just can't help myself. Especially when I'm bored at work. By the way, I'm the master of talking s*** and not backing it up.

My L46 tips the scale at a hefty 1450kg, and front end heavy with a big cast iron 325hp pushrod V8. Hell yea.

Skeletor27
I know you and your car are not pushovers. But sometimes I really just can't help myself. Especially when I'm bored at work. By the way, I'm the master of talking s*** and not backing it up.

My L46 tips the scale at a hefty 1450kg, and front end heavy with a big cast iron 325hp pushrod V8. Hell yea.

You know me, im a fan of anything Ford, front engine, and burbling V8. But when it comes to this series i gotta pick the car with the lowest center of gravity, lowest weight, and highest power to weight ratio. Tuning the car dedinitely helps but that goes without saying. I dont mind a bit of smack talk, it makes race day very interesting 👍

Wait...did I miss something, why am I not on the driver roster? Sticking with the BMW by the way.

Oh my bad dude!
I copied and pasted everything from the page beforehand, and I guess i missed you.
It's fixed now

Looks like we've got equal number imports and domestics so far. Hope you V8 guys don't run outta gas. Heh,heh.

Don't worry about us running out of gas, if I were you I'd be more worried about those big, heavy, clumsy front bumpers we're carrying. :mischievous:

As luck would have it, I've got a friend's reception to attend tonight, afraid I won't be home until quite late.:(

That's a shame Mudd =\
Personally I'd skip it ;)

In any case, today is race day finally. I'm looking forward to starting the regular season here, and get underway in pursuit of that beautiful Isotope Green Fiat 500

I'm ready to roll tonite. I already got a couple few drinks down in me so I will apologize way in advance like 2-1/2 hours in advance. But its ok I'm drivn for team red bull n jager tonite :lol:

A) Do you remember my old tuning thread's name? No need to apologize
and B) Red Bull and Grey Goose is where it's at.

Do you have room for another Vintage racer?

I would like to join if so.

I will tune/run either a Nissan 240ZG or the Ford Mach I

My PSN is: gtsail290

Thanks

Back