GTP ORB Vintage Sports Car Series | Next Race Thursday @ 9pm

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 600 comments
There's a slight chance I might miss qualifying, but I should be logged in by race time.

I haven't heard a word from you or seen you in a lobby so I sort of assumed you had decided not to be in it. My bad

Nah that makes sense my other racing series has me wrapped up most of the time, I appologize.

For now I'll give my spot up and try to race with you guys for your next season.

Good race you guys!
Official race standings are as follows:
1)AgroRacer10
2)ThisGuy70
3)ncrthree
4)GTP_SpitRacer
5)cahilldomination
6)IMZIZ
7)gtsail290
8)CrAzY_bAsSiSt83
DNF)marluxiaXI11
DNF)Jay2DaB329

Video from the race will be posted tonight

Dude this is fn bs or my name is skeletor bc no human can give u a decent in our machines, either I need. Pts of hp or aero not 10pts of non sketelor to b compared too, all in all I was 80sec off lead, still fn horrible for a series

kenkwilinski
My strategy n line sux please lemme follow a stratos lmao

The answer to your dilemma is simple, figure out a better line to drive and work on your driving style. I'm not trying to insult you Ken but it comes down to your driving line when you race in a tightly fit group. Sometimes GT5's driving line isnt ideal and im not suggesting you used it but find a tighter better line.

The answer to your dilemma is simple, figure out a better line to drive and work on your driving style. I'm not trying to insult you Ken but it comes down to your driving line when you race in a tightly fit group. Sometimes GT5's driving line isnt ideal and im not suggesting you used it but find a tighter better line.

Not to mention that you are going to need a slightly different line than the little Lancias. Watch Skel for a bit and see how he throws his barge around, and also try gearing for a little more acceleration.

Sorry for missing all the action. Looks like Ken is frustrated with something. My advise to anyone who is struggling is; "slow in, fast out" & don't over drive the car. Just because it's a race doesn't mean you have to drive like you're in a hurry. Especially an endurance race. A good tune is critical too.

Anyways. I'll be back from Hawai'i middle of next week and I'll be looking forward to getting back into things. Hope everyone else had a great weekend. Mahalo!

Its a conspiracy comn ncr in three jk lmao

Yeah, that was lucky. JL and Cahill wrecked on the last lap on turn 1.

Like I thought, trying to race on a tight track with heavier cars is a little nerve racking in the Stratos. It's taken me a fair amount of practice keeping that car from spinning alone on track much less in tight racing situations. Several off track excursions at GVE prove more practice is in order.

Apologies to Cahill for bumps down in turn 1. I could carry more speed thru the tight turns than the vette but you did such a good job holding your line, that trying to get by at the braking zone was my best chance at making a pass. Once you nearly spun so I held up to make sure you didn't go off course. I'm sure you got sick of seeing that slime green doorstop in the rear view.

Little late Landon ;)
You've missed the first race, but if that doesn't bother you I can write you in.

Was uploading the Grand Valley video got to 98% after two friggin hours (thankyou ghetto connection) then shorted out. I may or may not decide to re do it.

Last edited:
JLawrence
Little late Landon ;)
You've missed the first race, but if that doesn't bother you I can write you in.

Was uploading the Grand Valley video got to 98% after two friggin hours (thankyou ghetto connection) then shorted out. I may or may not decide to re do it.

Do it!

I would like to make an official bid for more pp on the BMW. At least 450 if not 460. I did some testing tonight at Grand Valley and the no matter what I did with the transmission I could only run time competitive to what the fast times at GVE by increasing the PP. I could only manage 14s at best when I was practicing and in the race but I was able to get into the 13s with 450 and 12s with 460. I was fine through the turns but was losing major ground on the straightaways as was illustrated when JL flew past me on the front stretch but I could keep up in the turns. I don't know crap about tuning so it may be just that I'm not setting things up right but whenever I try to tune for acceleration I end up hitting the rev limit before the end of the straightaway. Either way it goes I need some kind of help.

Jay_B_II
I would like to make an official bid for more pp on the BMW. At least 450 if not 460. I did some testing tonight at Grand Valley and the no matter what I did with the transmission I could only run time competitive to what the fast times at GVE by increasing the PP. I could only manage 14s at best when I was practicing and in the race but I was able to get into the 13s with 450 and 12s with 460. I was fine through the turns but was losing major ground on the straightaways as was illustrated when JL flew past me on the front stretch but I could keep up in the turns. I don't know crap about tuning so it may be just that I'm not setting things up right but whenever I try to tune for acceleration I end up hitting the rev limit before the end of the straightaway. Either way it goes I need some kind of help.

Talk to JL. He has a good tune for that car. That car can be a front runner. We saw this in the first test race at trial mtn.

Maybe it was just me, because I've driven that car so much, but I was running on par with Agro when I had it at 440. I can help you with a set up and see if we can get you a little quicker in it, and if that doesn't help maybe let you put a little more under the hood (as long as you don't tell anyone that is ;) )

Sounds good to me. I think I was making slight gains with the transmission changes but I definately need some kind of help, either with tuning or with power. It might even be my driving style that's slowing me down.

If I am able to get on today it probably won't be until later this evening like around 8 or so.

Jay_B_II
Sounds good to me. I think I was making slight gains with the transmission changes but I definately need some kind of help, either with tuning or with power. It might even be my driving style that's slowing me down.

This is just me but i dont believe a transmission makes anyone any faster. I've spent months tuning shorter ratios, longer ratios, taller final gear ratios for acceleration and no luck making the car any quicker. The best thing a customizable transmission does is allows you to pick your shift points in the rev range. For a car like the 2002 Turbo i would set it up with a tall final gear and shorter ratios to keep it in the cars optimal powerband.

The best tune is always the driver

This 👍

And, Ford, I have to disagree with you. I cut a full second off of my best time at Grand Valley East when I went with a shorter gearing. It drastically helps acceleration, and can give you a big advantage over an opponent with a generic gearing. There is a reason people say to gear it to redline at the end of the longest straight.

JLawrence
This 👍

And, Ford, I have to disagree with you. I cut a full second off of my best time at Grand Valley East when I went with a shorter gearing. It drastically helps acceleration, and can give you a big advantage over an opponent with a generic gearing. There is a reason people say to gear it to redline at the end of the longest straight.

Debate is good huh, but because you try to play host in my lounge i have to say your opinion means nothing to me! Hehehe in all seriousness i will admit gearing can help with reaching top speed quicker but for me its all about driving line. If i push a car fast enough it'll make up for a faulty transmission. I use the stock trans in my Stratos mostly because its quick enough and unless im drafting i wont see 163 which is its top speed. I'll also use he close ratio trans if its a short track like Tsukuba with good results, but i stick by driving style to attain the lowest lap times.

Driving skill is by far the biggest factor in speed, but the suspension, aero, brakes, differential, and gearing can all make huge differences if they're done right.

And, I have a microphone, therefor I have a valid opinion. Remember the rules Ford ;)

JLawrence
Driving skill is by far the biggest factor in speed, but the suspension, aero, brakes, differential, and gearing can all make huge differences if they're done right.

And, I have a microphone, therefor I have a valid opinion. Remember the rules Ford ;)

Oh good you've got our rules memorized. ;)

Latest Posts

Back