GTP ORB Vintage Sports Car Series | Next Race Thursday @ 9pm

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 600 comments
Would you like for me to write you into the roster, or should I just expect you to occasionally pop in?

There is officially one spot left. Anything else would be listed as a reserve, or maybe a splitting into two groups?

I suppose you could write me into it, i'll try my best to take part seriously, but I am a human being, so may not be able to make everything.

I've been practicing all week for a race today too, but now that you mention it, I remember JL saying there was a gap in the schedule for week 2 because he's out of town or something.

Mudd
I've been practicing all week for a race today too, but now that you mention it, I remember JL saying there was a gap in the schedule for week 2 because he's out of town or something.

Now that you mentioned it. Your right

Had a few good practice runs with y'all over the last week or so. This race at Monza is gonna be all about who can work the draft the best. Ken I think we've found your track.

Also, just found a real good video of what it's like racing a Spitfire with the VDCA.
Driver is my friend Mark Craig at Road Atlanta

I hate chicanes, but they're definitely necessary. Without them the Chevy's would line up and run away like it was the Daytona 500. I know this because that is exactly what I would do, given the chance.:sly:

By the way, if I do get a chance in the straits to knock Ken's rear bumper off, better believe I'm gonna try!:mischievous:

Like you were trying to racing on Guards MiniRingOfHell?

Check outthis thread here and click the links then get back to me if you think it'd be worth it to do this thread up like that.

I may not be able to make it to the race this weekend J. If I can't I'll be in for sure next week. I'm grounded ATM... :(

Not gunna be there this weekend too. Scored some sweet luxury box tickets to an Angels game.

Lookin forward to 2nite.

It's a bitch gettin out of the sand,man! Wouldn't setting grip to "low" allow a racer to get back on track a little quicker than the eternity it takes shoveling out with "real"? Guess it goes with the turf @Monza.

is room open now.... room number?

what is 5:45 EDT in GMT or BST ? :confused:

Last edited:
6:00 Est
Sorry ya missed it. Next Saturday same time on tsukuba

Official Results
Skeletor27
GTP_SpitRacer -5.336
cahilldomination -16.035
ncrthree - 16.671
AgroRacer10 - 19.790
Crazy_Bassist - 22.602
Marluxia - 29.771
Jay2DaB329 - XXX
Mudd - XXX

is there no room number or something?? or is it in your lounge..... if so i havent added you yet :grumpy:

Podium baby! That was some awesome mid-pack racing. Really enjoyed racing tonight you guys, thanks. Now I'm gunna have some fun tonight!

I'm y'all did. I was gettin frustrated cause I was stuck at about 3.5 second off Skel basically the whole race...

I'll be takign pictures later this evening. I've decided to say screw the video making until the end of the season

That was a great race. JL kept up enough to keep me pushing it the entire time. I knew if he caught up enough to get a draft, I would have been in trouble. And yes, tires were a slight issue on my "barge".

edit:
Whoops, ment JL.

Last edited:
Wew, that was a wild one. Spun completely around on lap 2 and had to get back into the race w/o draft. Finally caught back up and there was a great battle in the mid pack for the last 6 laps. Good replay footage.

Interesting race start to say the least!

Ken?
He was back in the fight for third?

Yea after the first turn catstrophe me n cahill kept pushing, we went from last all the way battling for third after our pitstops, it was great but with about two laps to go I had another first turn catstrophe and watched 3 racers pass me while I was stuck between the two white walls of the chicane.

I still gotta figure out this speed situation with my car. I wish I could get another 2002 to start all over with because I think it's the weight reduction that's doing me in. I might have been ok had I not took some top speed out on my transmission, I didn't account for the draft so I kept hitting the rev limiter way before the end of the straightaway which just killed my concentration going into the chicane. I got some ideas for next week though, hope it works.

I have a couple 2002s if you would like one.
And like I think I explained before, with that car for me to make it fast I built it up to 446 or so pp (with stage 2 weight reduction) then used ballast to balance and lower it to the correct level.
And as a whole the transmission should be set to around 155-65 depending on the track.

Back