GTP TLAs explained (two / three letter acronyms)

• Thread starter AMG.
  • 114 comments
When I first got here, I use EYDS a lot, but stopped when I got sick and tired of explaining what it meant. I then started using only the DS, but got mistaken for something 'not nice' and dropped that, too.

Since EYDS never caught on, I can guess I can't really post it in this thread on account it doesn't follow the basic 'rules' of the thread, so I wont. ;)

OMG - Oh my god.
OMFG - Oh my 🤬 god.
ZOMFG - Zombie oh my 🤬 god.
DC - David Coulthard

Do we need to mention various college names? Like MSU means Michigan State University and UW means University of Washington. Or that <first letter of state>SU means whatever state State University or that U<first letter of state> means University of whatever state.

I thought of this because I saw GV and immediately thought of GVSU, being Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids (GR). :lol:

Do we need to mention various college names? Like MSU means Michigan State University and UW means University of Washington. Or that <first letter of state>SU means whatever state State University or that U<first letter of state> means University of whatever state.

I thought of this because I saw GV and immediately thought of GVSU, being Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids (GR). :lol:

Are they mentioned a lot on GTPlanet? If so, yes. If not, no.

SFGTP - San Francisco Bay Area Gran Turismo Party

(YSSMAN - You'll See Some Mainly Automotive News?)

Of course, anyone who uses more than two different acronyms in a single sentence, or over three in a single post, without full explanation, gets a $20 fine per offense.

Cash only.

You never put in TLD and MFT, they are commonly used every day on GTP. (Wait, that was 3 in 1 sentence, how do I pay Pupik?:lol:)

BSOD - Blue Screen Of Death
ARM - Autumn Ring Mini

That's all I remember for now.

:-)

Last edited:
They are terribly obvious ones, but no one else put them on so I thought I may as well...

...and, if you'll actually READ the initial post, it was asked that contributors NOT post items that are generic, but ONLY to post items that were GTP-specific.

Incredible, only 49 posts and already the moderators had to step in 3 times to point out people to stick to the 'rules' mentioned in post #1.
I seriously wonder if this was such a good idea. Perhaps I should not have gone ahead with it. My apologies for the extra work I caused for Duke and Famine.

Really is it that difficult to read, don't they teach this in school anymore or do you just not care.

Here's a nice addition: DUBBCP - dont use brain but can post

/rant

AMG.

They can't be, I've never heard them before. Plus, you never mentioned what they mean.

If you've never heard them, it's because you don't play Gran Turismo any more, and I did mention earlier in the thread what they mean, so :P

If you've never heard them, it's because you don't play Gran Turismo any more, and I did mention earlier in the thread what they mean, so :P

I've never heard (or seen) them. I play Gran Turismo a lot. Even after reading what they stand for, I'm still none the wiser.

Both are tuners in the gt5p section. I've PMed ND4 and explained to him why I'm not including them (there's more tuners out there and theyre quite specific acronyms to a few threads). He's happy with my explanation.

AMG.

I've never heard (or seen) them. I play Gran Turismo a lot. Even after reading what they stand for, I'm still none the wiser.

Really? You know less about GTP then non-members then.:P People from other boards know my garage, and even randoms do. I had a good race with someone on the weekend, and after some conversation I asked him if he was a member here. He told me "No, but I am using your tune on this S2000".

Anyways, AMG. and I agreed, it's not worthy of being on the list, but it is something you may very well see around in the GT5:P Race Events forum and GT5:P Car Tuning & Settings forum.

OK, I thought the Z must have meant something, maybe not. And also, OMG is Oh My Goodness, not Oh My God as some will say, that would be blasphemous.;)

Latest Posts

Back