GTP12: Bug Reports

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 485 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jordan I'm trying to post images in a poll but can't work out how to make them show up when I've created the thread. Also all previous polls no longer show the images that had been displayed in them. E.g. The BWPC voting threads.

There's this weird glitch happening to me whenever I go into the Premium Ramblings thread. When I scroll down to the bottom of the page, where I type my reply, it always starts with "@Classic", probably because I thought of replying to his posts and then forgot about it.

@Jordan I'm trying to post images in a poll but can't work out how to make them show up when I've created the thread. Also all previous polls no longer show the images that had been displayed in them. E.g. The BWPC voting threads.
Unfortunately images in polls are no longer supported. @SlipZtrEm came across it when we were nosing around before the site went live and I can't recall what @Jordan said about if it was an option that could be added or not...
DK
There's this weird glitch happening to me whenever I go into the Premium Ramblings thread. When I scroll down to the bottom of the page, where I type my reply, it always starts with "@Classic", probably because I thought of replying to his posts and then forgot about it.
It's not a glitch, it auto-saved your draft. If you want to discard it, click the floppy disc icon then Delete draft. 👍

What really freaked me out the first time was when I started a post on my work computer, decided to not post it, went home and logged on and there it was waiting for me. :lol:

@Solo Yes, formatting in poll options will return soon, but it's not available quite yet.
Correct at least sometimes it does from my mobile app (google store)

As you can see above it put the word Google in there I didn't try too I was simply replying and boom that word goes up there. Again maybe this is just me?
I'm really have no idea why that would happen, but I am not sure what you mean by "your mobile app (google store)"? What type of device are you using? Are you using some type of special browser?

GTPlanet is no longer an "app", it's just a website that's designed to work in all types of browsers, including browsers on all types of smartphones.

After the app not working for me for about a week, I decided to come on the website with my laptop. Obviously then, I found out that the app is no longer. I followed the directions for adding the new mobile page on my home screen, but whenever I click and go to it, it's nothing but a white page and text, not the way it's supposed to look. Or safari just crashes.

@GTguy88 Hmm, that's a strange one, it's worked on every iOS6 and iOS7 device I have tested, there's nothing exotic going on. This home-screen bookmark functionality has been since the earliest days of iOS.

You can bookmark any page like that using Safari. Try going straight to the site's home page (http://gtplanet.net), then use the Add to Home Screen feature. Please let me know if that makes a difference.

After the app not working for me for about a week, I decided to come on the website with my laptop. Obviously then, I found out that the app is no longer. I followed the directions for adding the new mobile page on my home screen, but whenever I click and go to it, it's nothing but a white page and text, not the way it's supposed to look. Or safari just crashes.
I reported this a few times. It's getting ridiculous.

@Solo Yes, formatting in poll options will return soon, but it's not available quite yet.

I'm really have no idea why that would happen, but I am not sure what you mean by "your mobile app (google store)"? What type of device are you using? Are you using some type of special browser?

GTPlanet is no longer an "app", it's just a website that's designed to work in all types of browsers, including browsers on all types of smartphones.

im using an Droid DNA- by using the internet browser on my phone, though in your news feed for gtp, that's what it recommend what it told me to use if I wanted to check gtp, so I bookmarked GTP and several pages for gtp on my home screen, so if I click on it, it will bring it too that place. so yes I don't know why it does that, would be cool if that happens for anybody else with a smartphone? whenever that happens for me, I have to back out and try again and again until it works.

I don't know how that could be fixed but it's fine I can live with it.

Thanks Jordan!

Edit: I replied on my computer here since when I read it and wanted to reply on my phone it kept doing that thing I told you.

@Ph1sher Does it look something like this on your phone?

That's a difficult problem to troubleshoot, but if you're going to be online for the next few minutes, just reply here and I can walk you through a few different tests. Maybe I'll be able to trace the root of the issue so this doesn't happen to anyone any more.

@Ph1sher Does it look something like this on your phone?

That's a difficult problem to troubleshoot, but if you're going to be online for the next few minutes, just reply here and I can walk you through a few different tests. Maybe I'll be able to trace the root of the issue so this doesn't happen to anyone any more.
No, its like the internet browser on my droid (Verizon) well browser went in the quote up again. Ah ill try to provide you a picture of what it looks like soon

Can't get the picture, but for a more of a general idea, like when you said like we can install the app on apple phone, but on smartphones, you have to bookmark the site and save it too your homepage, then you can click on it and it will pop up to the gtp site or whereever you saved it. So that's basically my app/browser thing I use for gtp.

Last edited:
A small announcement for those of you who had issues uploading your new avatars: give it another try.

There is now no limit on the file size of avatars you upload. The server will process and re-size the image for you to an acceptable size. For maximum quality, I recommend re-sizing the image in your favorite editor to 190x190 pixels, then uploading the file as a 32-bit PNG.

I don't think I posted it here, but when I reply to a thread and someone replies before me, I don't get any notice.

I thought that it was supposed to update the thread in real time.(Or give notification that someone else has posted.)

I kinda agree.

I dislike this twitter/facebook theme that is occurring on sites these days.

If I post a message, then after want to edit in a quote from an earlier post I usually do it just by quoting the earlier post, copy the text then cancel the "new post".. now after this the quote stays saved in the quick reply window below the last post. Is this how it's supposed to work in this scenario? As I've already done what I wanted to (add the earlier post into my last one), I don't need the quoted text to stay on the quick reply window.. annoying :P

here's a pic:

öö.. no pic as there's not an option to upload from my hd.. (?)

edit..

2va1bwl.jpg

If I post a message, then after want to edit in a quote from an earlier post I usually do it just by quoting the earlier post, copy the text then cancel the "new post".. now after this the quote stays saved in the quick reply window below the last post. Is this how it's supposed to work in this scenario? As I've already done what I wanted to (add the earlier post into my last one), I don't need the quoted text to stay on the quick reply window.. annoying :P
here's a pic:
edit..
Picture removed by me for qouting.
Hi @Timppaq When you get what it shows up on your picture I think if you goto the reply box and where the floppy disc is just click that and delete.
I belief its the autosave/draft feature thats been placed into the new software?
Hope that helps, If not and its not the answer your looking for sorry about. :)

here's a pic:

edit..

2va1bwl.jpg
Chris is correct; it's a saved draft stored in the post editor box, which can be deleted using the disc icon. There's not really any way around this.

File uploads use the standard prompts for your browser and operating system, so there should be no problem selecting a file from your hard drive.

Ok, cheers! didn't notice the disc icon or knew the meaning. Chrome here and it only offered me the option to give a link. No piggie though.

edit, btw.. what's the disc icon? :mutt:

Uploaded pics on mobile are posting sideways.

What OS/browser?

Reporting back, I haven't done anything new and it's no longer an issue now. Maybe it was something that was directly tied to my computer at the time rather than the software. Thought I'd let you know so you can scratch this off your to-do list. Thanks. 👍

@Bopop4: If you quote a post where someone has inadvertantly put their comment inside quote tags, then quoting it will get you nothing. Not your fault, but also not a bug, and no different from GTP11 behavior.

@Bopop4: If you quote a post where someone has inadvertantly put their comment inside quote tags, then quoting it will get you nothing. Not your fault, but also not a bug, and no different from GTP11 behavior.

Oh ok, thanks.

The only thing is, before if you messed up and put it in the quote tags, it wouldn't let you post because it would say that you haven't written anything.

Which from a small test right now indicates that it doesn't give the warning anymore.

I don't know if it's possible but it'd be nice to have that error message pop up to let you know that you haven't put anything down.

Mouse scroll wheel stopped working in the GTP tab only (worked in other tabs) after I left it up overnight (Chrome Browser, WinXPSP3). Reload didn't bring scroll back. I killed the tab and opened a new one and now scroll works again.:odd:

I don't know If its just me or if I'm on the mobile app and I reply to a post and I'm typing then all the sudden it goes up in the quoted text and ruins the reply If that makes sense

Thanks
I have this problem too.

I have learned how to solve it though.

1. Quote someone
2. Tap your screen (where you want to type) once to make the cursor stay at the spot you want.

The only problem is getting used to doing so.

@Jordan
Would it be possible to add some sort of scrolling button to easily scroll up and down through your posts?

It is really hard to go back and add something to your post above a certain point, then scroll down to finish the bottom part of your post.
I always end up having to click "Advanced Options" to get it to where I can scroll down again.

That's really the only issue I have with this new site. Besides that being somewhat difficult to do everything is great.

@Lock2Lock I'm not sure I understand what you mean. How would such a feature be different from scrolling up and down in the post composition box?

@Jordan - It was never a problem on the iPad or the PC but yesterday the smaller screen on my phone did make scrolling difficult when quoting a longer post. The screen jumped around so much when I was trying to scroll that I ended up hitting the Post Reply button before I'd even typed anything.

But that's a different bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back