GTP12: Bug Reports

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 485 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is a "real" bug, but there's a small error in the email-warning-thing in the conversations:
001.jpg

Sorry if it was/is rude mentioning it. :scared:

:lol:

I think it's because multiple votes are allowed. It would seem that there have been fewer than 8 responses - I'd suggest 3 for one option, 3 for the other and 1 for both - making 4 votes out of 7 responses (57.1%) each.

Ah yes, see it now.👍

Appears that it calculates the percentage for each category individually.

Regarding those post numbers, I'm curious as to why readability of the current page number is important, as they don't actually serve any purpose. Unless you need to reference a particular page number elsewhere, the number is irrelevant - or at least it always have been to me. Clearly, you guys must be using the site in a different way, so any explanation would be interesting for me to hear. 👍

I use the page numbers to get a rough idea of how many more new posts are in a given thread. Like many others here, I sometimes will open a thread, and if I only have a limited amount of time to read posts (ie. during a break), and I know a thread has a bunch of new posts, I'll skip the thread and continue reading it later. Page numbers are also useful for if I'm skipping through multiple pages to search for something.

With that said, I'm fortunate that I don't have any color vision impairments, so the colors work ok for me (though I'll agree that more contrast would be appreciated), but I've certainly found page numbers to be useful.

Last edited:
I did know the word actually, but I thought it should've said "[...] to stop [...]". Nevertheless the above, "atop", makes sense to me now.

Sorry. :indiff:

Twice today I have tried to edit a post, and the edit becomes a second post. Probably user error , as opposed to a bug.

How do I delete that second post? I can't find a delete button

So in my inbox of conversations, there's all these checkboxes, but not drop menu that asks me what I want to do with these selected conversations. I'm trying to delete multiple conversations but there doesn't seem to be a use for these checkboxes.

For some reason typing in the reply box on my tablet is excruciatingly slow. Any ideas? Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, newest Android version.

It might have already been mentioned but I have just found out there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the title of a thread I created.

Will Premium users be getting their red usernames back, Big J? Or are you unable to do that with the new architecture?

I would also really like that back if its still possible, it was nice to see on the whole online members list with the different colours.

It might have already been mentioned but I have just found out there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the title of a thread I created.
You should be able to go to the first post and click Edit Thread.

TB
You should be able to go to the first post and click Edit Thread.

I tried it and I didn't find anything that let you edit the thread title, only the first post.

While in the thread, there should be a "Tread Tools" button at the top, I believe on the left side. Click it, and it should give you the "Edit Title" option.

@Jordan will
spoiler tags be coming back?
It makes it really hard to discuss certain games without spoiler tags. Thanks.

So in my inbox of conversations, there's all these checkboxes, but not drop menu that asks me what I want to do with these selected conversations. I'm trying to delete multiple conversations but there doesn't seem to be a use for these checkboxes.
That's a bug; a menu should appear. I will add it to the list in the OP.
For some reason typing in the reply box on my tablet is excruciatingly slow. Any ideas? Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, newest Android version.
I'm not sure what's causing that for some people, but others have reported problems with some Android browsers. Your best option would be to disable the WYSIWYG editor with the wrench icon in the top right.
@Jordan will
spoiler tags be coming back?
It makes it really hard to discuss certain games without spoiler tags. Thanks.
Yes, it's a documented missing feature/bug that will return soon.

Am I supposed to be able to see this?

AAA..PNG

Seems like the sort of thing only a mod should be able to see.(It's in the Homosexuality thread)

A lot of pictures posted still come up broken for me. I think it's affecting attachments only.

@Justin Moderators can post public warnings now, if they choose, without posting in the thread themselves.

@Encyclopedia When you refresh the page, do the pictures come back again? Any links to posts with broken images you find would be very helpful.

@Justin Moderators can post public warnings now, if they choose, without posting in the thread themselves.

@Encyclopedia When you refresh the page, do the pictures come back again? Any links to posts with broken images you find would be very helpful.

When I refresh they seem to work. But the problem only seems to affect attachments, not linked pictures.

Edit: refreshing the picture Justin posted above me seem to have worked in other places as well. Now I can see several pictures (attachments) in the funny picture thread that I couldn't see before.

Thanks for the additional info. It's the same issue with our content delivery servers that was affecting the page formatting and is something I have to work on.

PSN nickname doesn't fit if you have a long name. E.g. my PSN is GTP_DutchCustoms, and the 's' is missing, see screenshot below.

Schermafbeelding 2013-11-11 om 13.12.24.png

I was also wondering about this as I would like to include both of my account names for PSN, cargorat323 / GTP_CargoRatt.

The quick and easy solution - put your PSN in your sig.

Hmm, what browsers are you guys using? I can replicate on both Safari and Chrome, OSX. Will put it in my sig for now, as suggested. 👍

This is more of an annoyance than a bug, but when I'm accessing GTP on my phone, if I try to switch to the forums from the front page using the drop-down menu, sometimes it opens an ad instead of going to the forums, and it takes several tries to get it right.

My phone is a Galaxy Ace, so I'm wondering if the smaller screen is a problem.

If someone else is having this problem, half the time, my status update for my friends would work fine, but then the other half it'll be showing other updates from different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back