GTP12: Bug Reports

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 485 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a bug on your end. It gets worse, though; My user title is "New Member".

@BobK User titles aren't displayed to others and just aren't really a factor for anything right now.

I'll remove it from the pop-up user menu so it doesn't bother you.

This problem isn't really GTP related, but as you can see from the image below, my browser has now automatically activated spellcheck and I'm utterly clueless as to how to actually disable it.

http://i.imgur.com/rLIuJIF.png

EDIT: This message is moot now. Maybe I should google more often. :dopey:

Last edited:
For some reason, my post count keeps going up and down.

For example, today I started with 1,380 posts. I posted 6 or 7 more. Changed to 1,386(or 7). When I check it right now, it's at 1,381. Too make sure that my post haven't been removed or something, I went to 'my content'. Every post still there.

Anyone else facing this problem?

And another problem. Not a real important one, but can get annoying sometimes. When I hover over the "Alerts" tab on the top of the page, the pop-up box gets blocked by the ad. It only happens sometimes, so that's the good part.

Thanks.

The text on the avatar selection menu should be changed to a more visible color. The two shades of grey are quite difficult to read.

Efq8IaU.jpg

YbHABbb.png

Not sure if anybody's reported something similar already, but I've been unable to edit one of my posts for the past few days. Every time I try to edit this post, I get the following error message:

error502BadGateway_zps9936cd0d.png

Seeing as how I don't get this error message when editing any of my other posts, is it possible that the size of the post (or the number of hyperlinks in it) might be causing an issue? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Our December 1st lineup is ready, but I can't post it without editing that post. Thanks in advance.

@zer05ive Yes, the post is too big, and this is triggering a bug in the forum software which will be fixed in the next update, but this is likely two or three weeks away.

I can manually edit the post in the database to make it smaller so you can edit it now. Please save any information that you want to store from that post and let me know when you're ready.

@zer05ive Yes, the post is too big, and this is triggering a bug in the forum software which will be fixed in the next update, but this is likely two or three weeks away.

I can manually edit the post in the database to make it smaller so you can edit it now. Please save any information that you want to store from that post and let me know when you're ready.

Okay, thanks for the info. It's good to know that post size limitations won't be an issue after the next update. 👍

That being said, much of the post size is due to a lot of hyperlinks being added by post-GTP12 nuances that I've yet to figure out. For example, each lineup under each of our previous race dates should only have three lines that contain hyperlinks (which link to the post in which that particular car or track was selected). However, now virtually every single line of every lineup now contains a hyperlink (including the dates themselves). I realize that some of the added hyperlinks were added because of the new "@" mention functionality. but those are few in comparison to the amount of "normal" text that has now become hyperlinks for unknown reasons.

While I'm on the topic of seemingly random changes to our lineup post, I must say that GTP12 has made it challenging to edit and update it. If you scroll down the post, you will notice a lot of inconsistencies in font size, color, spacing, etc. One recent example is when I tried to change one word to at the top of the post to green last week, I ended up changing random words throughout the post to green as well (even portions at the very bottom of the post that date back to early 2012). Also, several of the "(click here for results)" lines near the top of the post have been abnormally enlarged even though I never touched them.

As for you manually editing the post in the database, I'm ready for you to do that. Go ahead and delete everything below the first :gtpflag: so that the post size will be small and editable while we wait for the next update. Thanks!

OK, I have reset the post, but its entire contents had to be removed.

I'm sorry you're not happy with the new post editor, but it's deeply integrated into the core of the new software and it's not something which can be easily modified or changed. Hopefully the new racing league tools I'll be rolling out soon will take away most of the troubles that you're having while making it easier to maintain your league overall.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but under the GT Academy sub-forum the description reads "Chat with other GT Academy 2012 competitors". ;P

Been away from GTPlanet for a few months (I know bad me:crazy:) anyways GTP12 is taking me a little bit to get used to.

My issue is that I'm not seeing signatures on any posts. My own or others.

Use my cell phone (Samsung SCH1200) exclusively to access the forums.
Mainly use the default web browser but have tried Chrome and setting both browsers to Desktop view. Nothing works.
No signatures, no listing next to GTP IDs of PSN IDs etc. Just the main body of the posts.

Am I missing a setting option/s somewhere or is this a bug? :?:

OK, I have reset the post, but its entire contents had to be removed.

I'm sorry you're not happy with the new post editor, but it's deeply integrated into the core of the new software and it's not something which can be easily modified or changed. Hopefully the new racing league tools I'll be rolling out soon will take away most of the troubles that you're having while making it easier to maintain your league overall.

I hate to have to ask, but can you please reset the post again? I worked all last night and today to get the post looking like it was intended to, but I incorrectly assumed that removing the hundred of unwanted hyperlinks that the post editor added would bring the size of the post back down to a manageable size. Unfortunately, I'm now getting that same error message again. Next time, I'll just leave off the lineups prior to 2013 until the next update removes the size restriction.

Also, I probably should have used better wording in my previous post. It's not that I'm not happy with the new post editor, it's just that it seems to be glitchy. In addition to the examples I explained earlier, I've had more glitches pop up just now. Simply put, the post editor seems to force unwanted changes to the post. For example, after spending all the time cleaning up the lineup and making it so that the entire post was not bold (as was done previously by the post editor), the editor made the entire bold once again as you can see in its current state. I also worked to make all the font sizes consistent, but the post editor had other ideas and changed some of the font sizes seemingly at random.

Granted, these issues are relatively minor in comparison to other issues I mentioned earlier, but I just figured it's worth mentioning in case these things are considered to be bugs that can be fixed. It's very tedious to removed unwanted formatting from such a long post, so it's just a bit frustrating when the post editor keeps making unwanted changes to the post. Again, I have no complaints about the new post editor itself in terms of intended functionality, it's just that it doesn't seem to be working perfectly yet. Overall, GTP12 is awesome! I'm just reporting a bug that is "bugging" me. :)

Last edited:
Not sure if has been mentioned before, I've done a search;
Just going through some of my old post's, it appears that some of the apostrophe's have turned into &#8217 or similar instead, I've seen it on some other post's as well this being a fine example.

eg.
gtp.JPG

Have checked firefox & internet explorer both had same issue. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is this a bug.

Been away from GTPlanet for a few months (I know bad me:crazy:) anyways GTP12 is taking me a little bit to get used to.

My issue is that I'm not seeing signatures on any posts. My own or others.

Use my cell phone (Samsung SCH1200) exclusively to access the forums.
Mainly use the default web browser but have tried Chrome and setting both browsers to Desktop view. Nothing works.
No signatures, no listing next to GTP IDs of PSN IDs etc. Just the main body of the posts.

Am I missing a setting option/s somewhere or is this a bug? :?:
Welcome back. :) Signatures aren't visible if you're on a mobile device.
I can't change my avatar on the mobile version.
You should be able to, assuming that your mobile browser supports regular file uploads. What type of device are you using?
I hate to have to ask, but can you please reset the post again? I worked all last night and today to get the post looking like it was intended to, but I incorrectly assumed that removing the hundred of unwanted hyperlinks that the post editor added would bring the size of the post back down to a manageable size. Unfortunately, I'm now getting that same error message again. Next time, I'll just leave off the lineups prior to 2013 until the next update removes the size restriction.

Also, I probably should have used better wording in my previous post. It's not that I'm not happy with the new post editor, it's just that it seems to be glitchy. In addition to the examples I explained earlier, I've had more glitches pop up just now. Simply put, the post editor seems to force unwanted changes to the post. For example, after spending all the time cleaning up the lineup and making it so that the entire post was not bold (as was done previously by the post editor), the editor made the entire bold once again as you can see in its current state. I also worked to make all the font sizes consistent, but the post editor had other ideas and changed some of the font sizes seemingly at random.

Granted, these issues are relatively minor in comparison to other issues I mentioned earlier, but I just figured it's worth mentioning in case these things are considered to be bugs that can be fixed. It's very tedious to removed unwanted formatting from such a long post, so it's just a bit frustrating when the post editor keeps making unwanted changes to the post. Again, I have no complaints about the new post editor itself in terms of intended functionality, it's just that it doesn't seem to be working perfectly yet. Overall, GTP12 is awesome! I'm just reporting a bug that is "bugging" me. :)
OK, I will reset the post for you again. It is a very complex editor that's doing a lot of things behind the scenes, so perhaps that's what is causing the bugs. I have not done extensive post formatting which is perhaps why I have not ran into these issues.

Anyways, hopefully the next update will smooth out a few of the rough edges for you. 👍
Not sure if has been mentioned before, I've done a search;
Just going through some of my old post's, it appears that some of the apostrophe's have turned into &#8217 or similar instead, I've seen it on some other post's as well this being a fine example.

eg.
View attachment 85024

Have checked firefox & internet explorer both had same issue. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is this a bug.
That's just an encoding issue with some of the old characters that were used in those posts. Nothing you can do to fix it, and it shouldn't impact new posts made from here on out.

You should be able to, assuming that your mobile browser supports regular file uploads. What type of device are you using?
iPod. It's a few years old if that helps.

When ever I press the thing to choose a file, nothing happens.

That's likely your issue. File uploads via the Mobile Safari browser were not supported until iOS 6.

@Jordan any chance we'll be getting signatures back on mobil devices in the future?

PS3 webbrowser running off my phone's mobil Hotspot is my only other way to access these forums is only reason I ask.:drool::crazy:

PS Happy Thanksgiving you and GTPlanet Rock!👍👍

Yikes, that sounds bad! :ill:

I'll add it to the bug list and look into it later.

I can't seem to edit or reply to posts. My cursor will jump from the word I'm typing to the middle of the quote or my original post. Tried a different browser but it didn't help. This only happens on my Galaxy s4.

For about the last week, I've been getting an HTML5 error when trying to play videos. Refreshing the page amazingly fixes it, until it happens again.
image.jpg

Thanks for adding a highlight to the page number currently being viewed.

upload_2013-11-30_12-39-28.png

All my posting options are blank. Also my news page flicks between the mobile version and PC.
EDIT - I can't view images/smilies either

View attachment 85205

All my posting options are blank. Also my news page flicks between the mobile version and PC.
EDIT - I can't view images/smilies either
That happens also for me, I need refresh page about 10 times to get smilies show :confused:
I was thinking it's my internet connection...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back