GTP12: Bug Reports

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 485 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@DaveTheStalker That's where I'd like to take the forum home page eventually, but it's not possible right now.

Could you explain the issue with iPhones/iPads in more detail?

As for widescreen, flipping my iPhone 5 sideways gives me widescreen if I want it. With my iPad, double tapping will zoom in and the thread text will fill the screen when the device is sideways.
That doesn't work on a computer though ;)

@DaveTheStalker That's where I'd like to take the forum home page eventually, but it's not possible right now.

Could you explain the issue with iPhones/iPads in more detail?

People are complaining about not having widescreen. For mobile users, it's not an issue. If we want widescreen, flipping the device sideways will give us widescreen. Based on what Sharky said, I guess it's isolated to desktop and laptop users?

Oh, I see what you're saying; yes, it's only relevant for desktop users.

Had this issue on safari earlier after opening up the shortcut.

Also had one where the reply box wouldn't load and I had to exit and reboot.

image.jpg

I just tried to upload a short video clip from my iPhone (I assume .mov). It went through the process of compressing it, then it was ultimately rejected because it didn't have a proper file extension. Will you be allowing us to upload clips in the future Jordan?

@Slashfan looks like the stylesheet failed to load; nothing to worry about too much, but let me know if it keeps happening. Just hit refresh if you see it.

@DaveTheStalker No, video hosting and encoding is a whole different ballgame; I'll leave that up to the "big guys". :)

@Slashfan looks like the stylesheet failed to load; nothing to worry about too much, but let me know if it keeps happening. Just hit refresh if you see it.

@DaveTheStalker No, video hosting and encoding is a whole different ballgame; I'll leave that up to the "big guys". :)
Yup a refresh did solve it b

Just had my issue posted above reoccur but it took some time to resolve.

Quoted from a different thread:

Tap the title of the video in the embed window to view it on youtube.com, or hit the "sharing" or "info" icons displayed near the top right for more options.

Tapping on the title opens a new blank page in iOS 7 Safari. Tapping on the word YouTube doesn't do anything. The Share functions work perfectly, as does Info. When in the Share menu, tapping More opens a new blank page.

In Conversations (AKA PM's) all my old messages I had deleted are back. As in every PM I have ever sent / received on GTP.

Same.

What is worse is there is no select all option and I am to lazy to go through each one and delete them.

There's no storage limit. I mean I can see how it might be tidier but other than that I can't see a problem with it, for me anyways.

There's no storage limit. I mean I can see how it might be tidier but other than that I can't see a problem with it, for me anyways.

Yes am in the same boat as you on this but now I,ve 1885 messages/conversations/old PMs showing in there. LOL would be nice to have back the tidy up option even for our own peace of mind. :)

Using Safari? I wasn't able to re-create this in my testing.
Yes, Safari, but it no longer seems to be an issue. Maybe has something to do with server load? It was really odd, but I have to say the boards are a lot smoother running and faster for me now than when I couldn't get pictures to post. Thank you for testing it!

Not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but as a consequence of not having user titles any more there's no way to see if a user is banned that I know of unless a mod has updated the BUL.

I keep having the reply box disappear with random avatars and images not displaying on the main website.

Not easy to see what page your on..jpg

@Jordan Not sure if this has been mentioned but the look of knowing which page your on is not very clear?
I was on page 5 when I took the screen print.

That is hard to see. A dark square in grey or red around the number your on would be cool.

If I want to edit a post and switch to code using that little tab in the top right corner (while remaining in quick edit mode, not "more options"/Advanced edit), it doesn't actually let me type anything. I can place my cursor in the body of text, but the computer denies me any text input. It is indicated with the error sound effect (the "Ding" on a mac with default sounds).

I am however allowed to type in code mode when I'm in the advanced edit page.

Not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but as a consequence of not having user titles any more there's no way to see if a user is banned that I know of unless a mod has updated the BUL.

Banned users will now show up as Banned users :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back