GTP12: Bug Reports

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 485 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Status Updates don't automatically update. Not sure if this is a bug or simply not supported by the software.

OK it turns out that the gif I'm trying to upload at 200 x 200 doesn't seem to work at all as a whole. However the same file I was using before at 100 x 100 works fine...my avatar at full 200 x 200 size looks really bad in the current jpeg format right now.

EDIT: Another avatar I had planned works fine for me now, so I'll use that one.

Last edited:
When trying to do multiquote, when I hit reply on a post, then hit next page to do another quote on another page, the quote from the first page does not carry over, I have to manually copy and paste from the reply box to make the next page work.

I'm using Safari on iOS 7.

Don't know if its a bug but the page number your on in a given thread is barely distinguishable from the other numbers, could it maybe be made bold?

Spoiler stags are not listed in the BB code list page, nether I can get them to work with HTML or by forcing the code.

Is the spoiler feature still being implemented?

Thanks for all of the feedback, guys. I will continue to update the OP of this thread with a list of documented problems and will work over the next few days to resolve all of the issues. Sorry for the inconveniences.

To reiterate, please post any questions you may have about using the site to their own thread here in the Site Support forum and I will address them as soon as I can.

Signatures are not visible. iOS 7, iPhone 5, Safari
Signatures are not shown on smaller screen sizes.
Status Updates don't automatically update. Not sure if this is a bug or simply not supported by the software.
They are cached, and may not appear in the feed for around 30 seconds or so.

When you hover over a thread with the cursor a summary of the first post doesn't appear.

Just wondering if the edit button being unavailable in conversation posts is a bug, or a feature that simply wasn't planned.

Can't believe I just deleted my avatar from my desktop after 3 years thinking I'd never need it again LOL.

Nice update, not sure the file hosting is a good idea though. Doesn't seem to offer much benefit for what I imagine is a large increase in server and bandwidth costs.

Drag and drop images aren't displaying. They upload, but then I post a reply, it disappears.

Also, the OP in this thread which Tornado created has completely disappeared. It contained a fair amount of useful information among other things, so I hope it can be recovered.

Drag and drop images aren't displaying. They upload, but then I post a reply, it disappears.
Please provide your browser info. Drag-and-drop is working as expected for me.

I'm confused about this followers thing. It says I'm following 22 people, but when I go to their profile it says they have 0 followers.

Okey I know it said that some cannot view infractions or warnings but is just me, or are previously banned members unbanned now?!?!?!?!?!? I can literally post on any users wall now and even reply to private messages from previously banned members as well (when I couldn't before).

@GranTurismo916 That sounds like a bug. Please mention the user in question so I can investigate.

@Sonygamer455 They're not "unbanned" and won't be able to read those messages.

I didn't think members would be unbanned. I am not doubting you, but do you mean they can't reply to messages, read them or both?

They can't read or reply to them. I'll make a note to adjust the preferences so you can't post on their profile.

@GranTurismo916 That sounds like a bug. Please mention the user in question so I can investigate.

I noticed this as well and it seems to be the case for just about everyone I'm following. I should clarify that it initially says no one is following said persons until you click on the little linked zero (0 Followers) which leads you to an actual list of those following.

Oh, on the pop-up member card? The 0 followers there is a documented bug. The true number of followers should be displayed on actual profiles, though.

@Jordan

I'm using Google Chrome. Nothing special. Some avatars and images aren't displaying either.

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but the old smilies are now text. Is there a new set of smilies?
Jordan is going to re-implement them eventually. Right now, that's just how they are.

replyerror.jpg Is there some sort of issue with the update & Firefox? I cleared my cache & everything else but login saves, but still get broken links in the avatars & this making me unable to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back