GTP12: Bug Reports

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 485 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone having trouble with Fetch Bot? I sent my week 140 times and I received a letter stating the bot didn't get it.

View attachment 80500 Is there some sort of issue with the update & Firefox? I cleared my cache & everything else but login saves, but still get broken links in the avatars & this making me unable to reply.
Looks like my Greasemonkey plugin was causing the issues. Soon as I added the forums to Exclude, everything returned to normal.

Avatars look kind of blurry for most people in comparison to how crisp the Profile Pics look, though.

The OP of the MLP thread seems to have been deleted outright, now defaulting to what was originally the second post. Think it might have to do with how the OP was originally posted by a banned member, then handed to me after his banning; though I really have no idea.

Clicking on embedded links opens the link in the same window, not in a different window like it used to.

I have an alert and when I hovered the mouse over it a popup tells me what the alert is about.

But I can't make the popup go away again, other than by leaving the page I'm reading.

The wrench in the upper right corner when replying to a thread , when clicked on, seems to do nothing other than turn the reply box yellow. But it's a nice yellow, fading from yellow at the top through a pastel yellow to almost white at the bottom of the box.

The wrench in the upper right corner when replying to a thread , when clicked on, seems to do nothing other than turn the reply box yellow. But it's a nice yellow, fading from yellow at the top through a pastel yellow to almost white at the bottom of the box.

It turns off the WYSIWYG editor.

I can no longer post pictures in threads. I am not sure if this is an issue just with me or not. On iOS, when I try to paste the link, usually a jpeg, into the "image URL" box or in the post itself with manually typed tags, nothing will paste. It worked fine until an hour or so ago. Just as a quick check, I am able to paste the link into my browser. I know you've got a lot going on, but just throwing it out there. Thanks for the hard work!

@Jordan , I for one cannot find my user title anywhere in options despite having asked earlier. And why is my avatar so pixelated??

It changes from a Rich Text Editor to BBCode.

But what any of that means I have no idea. :lol:

Also @Jordan when I click my profile here I have 0 followers. According to my user stats I have 121..

Has anyone having trouble with Fetch Bot? I sent my week 140 times and I received a letter stating the bot didn't get it.
The body of the convo was not in the correct format, and plus you're not officially on the Registry yet.

@Jordan , I for one cannot find my user title anywhere in options despite having asked earlier. And why is my avatar so pixelated??
I believe it's because your old avatar was rectangular and it needed to be stretched to accommodate the current square shaped avatar "box."

Any chance of the old OP preview when hovering over the thread title to return? I found that convenient so I didn't have to click on the thread to read it.

As a Droid RAZR user with Google Chrome, there are no issues Jordan. All seems to be working fine. Well, at least I'm not encountering any issues.

Why does my "likes you've received" feed have a bunch of stuff from 2006?
I expected it to be empty on day1 ???

Why does my "likes you've received" feed have a bunch of stuff from 2006?
I expected it to be empty on day1 ???
Carryover from the previous rep system. If I'm not mistaken, Jordan will be resetting everyone back to zero at some point.

TB
Carryover from the previous rep system. If I'm not mistaken, Jordan will be resetting everyone back to zero at some point.

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes sense.

I have an alert and when I hovered the mouse over it a popup tells me what the alert is about.

But I can't make the popup go away again, other than by leaving the page I'm reading.
Click or tap outside of the alert box to make it disappear.
XS
I can no longer post pictures in threads. I am not sure if this is an issue just with me or not. On iOS, when I try to paste the link, usually a jpeg, into the "image URL" box or in the post itself with manually typed tags, nothing will paste. It worked fine until an hour or so ago. Just as a quick check, I am able to paste the link into my browser. I know you've got a lot going on, but just throwing it out there. Thanks for the hard work!
Using Safari? I wasn't able to re-create this in my testing.
TB
That was originally my plan, but it was more difficult than it first appeared, so the old data remains.

Had an issue about 30 minutes ago where avatars/images disappeared along with the post reply box.

It's all good now, but I'm not sure what caused it. I even closed Chrome and re-opened it and it didn't fix the issue.

In the "Watched Threads" area, the text stays bold for threads you've visited. This makes it harder for someone like me who subs threads often to tell which threads I've already looked at.

However, this doesn't happen when viewing threads through the regular forums.

One more thing that I've found that's changed in GTP12, and I'm not sure if this is intentional, is that all profiles are now public without needing to log in to your account. In previous versions of GTP, you must log in before you can click on another use and view their details and profile. Now anyone in public can do so. I kind of like the old method of needing an account, makes it seem a little more... private.

@Crash - that's a user-based decision now; you'll find it in your preferences. I preferred that as well, so immediately made profile info viewable only to members 👍

Once again, thanks for all the bug reports, everyone. I'm working on them.
One more thing that I've found that's changed in GTP12, and I'm not sure if this is intentional, is that all profiles are now public without needing to log in to your account. In previous versions of GTP, you must log in before you can click on another use and view their details and profile. Now anyone in public can do so. I kind of like the old method of needing an account, makes it seem a little more... private.
This was actually a misconfiguration on my part and has been corrected.

@Jordan, is it possible to give us control over the order we see forums when we go to the first page of "Forums"? I would like to have "Recent Posts" or my Subscribed threads to be at the top. While other people might want a particular forum like Need For Speed or Rumble Strip to be the first that they see.

As for widescreen, flipping my iPhone 5 sideways gives me widescreen if I want it. With my iPad, double tapping will zoom in and the thread text will fill the screen when the device is sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back