GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
EDK
My travel plans did not go as smoothly as I had hoped.

Week 13 will not be up until tomorrow evening my local time (A little less than 24 hours from now).

Sorry for the delay.

Whilst I would have liked to have been having a go at week 13 right now, there are other things that are more important than the WRS and I am more than happy to wait for it.:)

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to getting back into it after taking a couple weeks off. Hopefully I will have time this week along with starting training for warrior dash.

It will be good to have you back. The more people that enter the WRS, the better it becomes, in my view.👍

Maybe Kev will give us something unsuspecting like a license test :yuck:
All I know is whatever it is i'm sure it will be great. Since joining I haven't seen a bad combo yet 👍

Any car or track that wasn't in GT5P!
Maybe WRS admins will make a track in track editor that they could share when PSN was back up. That way no-one would have track knowledge ;)

I reckon that there might be an issue posting replays for either of those tracks. There's a 1MB limit on uploads and since 3'20" around Madrid is around 788K we'd have to be pulling some pretty fast machinery around Le Mans to get under the 1MB. For this reason, I also see the 'Ring never happening in all it's glory :(

EDIT: Maybe the Zonda R in arcade would make it around Le Mans in time?

Last edited:
The Ring would be cool in a car we could hold flat out all the way around. I took the go kart around it and it took about 12 min..... :lol:

I reckon that there might be an issue posting replays for either of those tracks. There's a 1MB limit on uploads and since 3'20" around Madrid is around 788K we'd have to be pulling some pretty fast machinery around Le Mans to get under the 1MB. For this reason, I also see the 'Ring never happening in all it's glory :(

EDIT: Maybe the Zonda R in arcade would make it around Le Mans in time?

I reckon you'll struggle even on Racing Softs to do Le Sarthe in much under 4 minutes in the Zonda - which would be pretty close to a 1mb replay I would suspect, if not over it.

It's a right shame that the longer tracks are ruled out because of that - however - I would propose that it IS possible and we could use a WRS dropbox to put replays into, the free account provides 2gb of storage, which would be enough for say, 1000 replays of Le Sarthe, at a rough guess. At the end of the day, the forum is used to host the files that people download and check - there's nothing to stop an external source doing the same job, it would just need a bit of explanation of how to do it, etc

I reckon you'll struggle even on Racing Softs to do Le Sarthe in much under 4 minutes in the Zonda - which would be pretty close to a 1mb replay I would suspect, if not over it.

3'40's on Sport Softs - replay is 566kb :)

Anything at Le Mans needs to be done in a quickish car to avoid getting bored to death on those straights. That doesn't mean LMP speed, but I'm not sure I'd want to drive WRS at Le Mans in anything under 400bhp.

Also, we've not done Suzuka yet...

Anything at Le Mans needs to be done in a quickish car to avoid getting bored to death on those straights. That doesn't mean LMP speed, but I'm not sure I'd want to drive WRS at Le Mans in anything under 400bhp.

I agree, although Suzuka was done in GT5p so it may have to wait until we have done all of the "new" tracks, Laguna Seca, SSR5, Le Mans, Deep Forest, Monza, etc are still to be done.:sly:

Suzuka was a GT5P circuit though so it might be a while before we see that in the WRS again....

Personally I would love a crack at la Sarthe in something pokey :P

The car has to be easily available, so that rules out a lot. :( A ZR1 or Enzo would be super for le Sarthe.

Just had 4 pm from fetchbot 3 saying week 1 time rejected & 1 saying week 2 time rejected.
Whats going on ?
Wrong thread sorry.

I'm not sure which thread is the right one but I also just received a pm saying my week 1 time was rejected.

I'm not sure which thread is the right one but I also just received a pm saying my week 1 time was rejected.

Was just an error while he was trying to write some new code so the Fetchbot could handle the 9 splits dished out by Nurburgring.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, if not hopefully someone can move this post to a more appropriate spot.

After PSN came back, I've been unable to access my GTP_username account - I mistyped my e-mail address when I created the second account, and it can only be reset by accessing the e-mail.

Would it be possible for me just to start a new GTP_ account for use in the WRS?

I know as a last resort, you can call Sony, and give them you system's serial number and some other information to get the password reset...but with all the recent PSN outages, I'm sure support is pretty swamped.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, if not hopefully someone can move this post to a more appropriate spot.

After PSN came back, I've been unable to access my GTP_username account - I mistyped my e-mail address when I created the second account, and it can only be reset by accessing the e-mail.

Would it be possible for me just to start a new GTP_ account for use in the WRS?

I know as a last resort, you can call Sony, and give them you system's serial number and some other information to get the password reset...but with all the recent PSN outages, I'm sure support is pretty swamped.

As far as I know your only hope is to call sony to get that account back. A temporary fix would be to change the user name for that account or create a new playstation user, not PSN account. Do that by selecting the user profile you want at the startup of the PS3, press triangle and select edit information. Name it GTP_russromance. You won't be able to play online but in game it will show your name as GTP_russromance for replays and the like. I hope that helps.

As far as I know your only hope is to call sony to get that account back. A temporary fix would be to change the user name for that account or create a new playstation user, not PSN account. Do that by selecting the user profile you want at the startup of the PS3, press triangle and select edit information. Name it GTP_russromance. You won't be able to play online but in game it will show your name as GTP_russromance for replays and the like. I hope that helps.

I've got a very similar problem, except I signed up my GTP account with a email address that didn't exist so now I'm stuffed. I think it will be ok except if we ever have a online PSN TT event again like Week 5 I will be in trouble. Is it possible if worse comes to worse to change our GTP id?

I have several accounts on the PS3.

2 of my accounts had made up email addresses from real domains. Once PSN was back up, and I found out I needed to be able to access the email to reset my passwords, I registered the addresses to the domains, and then went onto the PS3 so it could send me the emails again.

I got the emails on both accounts, so was able to reset the passwords.

Not sure if this is an option for you guys, as it might be the domain AND the addresses that are made up, or the addresses might belong to someone else.

I guess I just got lucky. :scared:

EDK
I have several accounts on the PS3.

2 of my accounts had made up email addresses from real domains. Once PSN was back up, and I found out I needed to be able to access the email to reset my passwords, I registered the addresses to the domains, and then went onto the PS3 so it could send me the emails again.

I got the emails on both accounts, so was able to reset the passwords.

Not sure if this is an option for you guys, as it might be the domain AND the addresses that are made up, or the addresses might belong to someone else.

I guess I just got lucky. :scared:

I've got some ideas about the rain events, plus some other interesting features that might be possible for WRS. So you might need some more PSN account ;)

Would you like me to PM you the ideas first, or just rant them in the forum? :sly:

I'm in the same situation, but my email address WAS working before the outage.

Back