GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Just got my setup back after a long hiatus last week and am starting to do some qualifying runs and noticed the g25/g27 clutch is prohibited. Why is that exactly? I'm, of course, using paddles for qualifying but based on car I try to use H-gate in GT Life and online.

esh
Just got my setup back after a long hiatus last week and am starting to do some qualifying runs and noticed the g25/g27 clutch is prohibited. Why is that exactly? I'm, of course, using paddles for qualifying but based on car I try to use H-gate in GT Life and online.

The delay between gears is shorter when using the clutch than it is when not using it, which ultimately will make you faster. Since a large portion of our members have wheels without the clutch, we have not allowed it in any organized comps in Prologue or GT5.

I'll be submitting my qualifying times soon. Just need to improve my sector 3 time. That means I can join this weeks WRS and I'll be added in a division later right? Or did I misread it? Hope I do well in the quali with my DS3:D

After submitting your qualifier time it might take the admins a week or two to add you to the registry. Feel free to participate in this weeks combo anyway, but also try and be patient. :)

Ok. thanks for your answer. I've just submitted my qualifying times. See you soon in the WRS!:) I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to WRS Robulus, good luck with the qualifier. 👍

Phillip

Cheers! They've chosen an excellent test of skill for this qualifier. I've put in quite a few hours and I'm still not getting times I'm really happy with, and I can still see room to shave a little time off by improving my line. Practice practice practice.

I'm dazzled, that's a nice cockpit build you've got there. Lot's of trips to bunnings no doubt :sly:

Welcome aboard, good luck with the qualifier.

Cheers. Bunnings should be my official sponsor!

Not sure if this is in the right thread please move if not 👍

I was just wandering why there are only demotions upon request in the WRS. I have the understanding that your qualifier times are in brackets on the left, and what level you are currently running on the right (please correct me if i'm wrong)

The reason I ask is, you must be able to see if people are really struggling in their current divisions by the numbers they have on the right hand side. I know you have to really prove yourself by getting fantastic results to make D1 gold, but I think you should have to prove yourself in every division, to show you are worthy of being placed there. I also think this would make for a better WRS experience as everybody would be putting in more effort to stay in their current division.

Not trying to start a war here, just want to know the reason behind not having demotions unless requested.

Thanks in advance 👍

I moved your post to this thread ;)

The reason we only have demotions upon request is that people are not obliged to take part every week and are free to spend as much time on a combo as they want or can. The WRS would become far too competitive if the race admins are going to judge every result. It would also mean a lot of extra administrative work for the race admins and drivers would loose track of other drivers' placements due to all changes in divisions.
All drivers have submitted qualifier runs and are placed in a division based on these runs. They are therefore worthy of being placed in that division.

It's unavoidable that the different divisions will be mixed up in the overall results of each event. Some combo's suit particular drivers better and we don't all spend the same amount of time on a combo. We can't incorporate those factors in Vaxens handicap system and it would be too subjective for the race admins to base promotions/demotions on.
Other variables are that some drivers improve over time and others underperformed at the qualifier by not spending enough time on it. Vaxens handicap system covers those two possibilities and that's what promotions are mainly based on. Drivers who consistantly perform at the level corresponding to their division then have a fair chance of winning their division, because drivers that overperform will be promoted.
If people constantly underperform, it's up to them if they still feel comftable in that division. They have rightfully earned their original placement, but if they prefer to be demoted to a lower division to be able to enjoy to fight the same drivers but now being in the same division, the race admins could decide to comply with that request.

Hope that answers your question 👍

Yes it does, thank you,

Wasn't really taking into account how hard this would be and how much extra work the admin team would have to deal with, they do a great job as it is 👍

Thanks for the help :)

Hi, is it possible to not get a GTP_ tag because my PS3 won't let me make a new account?

Hi, is it possible to not get a GTP_ tag because my PS3 won't let me make a new account?

You might be trying to use a username that is already valid. Who knows, someone may have created a :gtplanet: tag with your username in use. Small possibilities.

You might be trying to use a username that is already valid. Who knows, someone may have created a :gtplanet: tag with your username in use. Small possibilities.
That's a freaky looking avatar. I'm not saying good or bad, just freaky. I remember your name, just not that one.

I realy hope so as i joined this series under the asumption that there would be online racing and not so many timetrials , i think under the current format it would be more accurate to be refered to as " WTTS (weekly time trial series) " or maybe use the time trials as qualifiers for a weekend race ?

I realy hope so as i joined this series under the asumption that there would be online racing and not so many timetrials , i think under the current format it would be more accurate to be refered to as " WTTS (weekly time trial series) " or maybe use the time trials as qualifiers for a weekend race ?

Racing is definitely in the works, check out the OMRS, which is picking up pace and evolving well. In fact the next race is on this weekend!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=206458

You can always join us here too, GTP_IDOR members from the GTP_Registry, take a look at the thread and see what we are trying to do, this fills in the time between the offical events put on by OLR Team.

OLR Team cant always put on race events week after week, thats a lot of hard work and 99% have busy lives, so if you take WRS, OMRS, IDOR, TCR, T&L all of which are great events.

I'm sure you'll have more racing than you can shack a stick at. 👍

Phillip.

EDK
Why won't your PS3 let you make a new account?

Not sure.

:facepalm: I just realised I have an account named GTP_adam46 on my PSP!

Is it possible to transfer it to PS3?

Not sure.

:facepalm: I just realised I have an account named GTP_adam46 on my PSP!

Is it possible to transfer it to PS3?

Yes. You just need to know the login details. As far as I know, you would just add it as a profile, and then login.

I don't have access to the PS3 right now, so I can't give you a step by step. But I know it's possible.

I never got round to using my GTP_tomhart9 PSN account so I was unable to change my password on my PS3 after the downtime, meaning I have to do it via email. Stupidly I used a fake email address :crazy:

So basically I no longer have access to that account.

What are my options if I want to join in the fun?

Do I need to set up a new GTP_ PSN and let someone know and ask them to change it?

Or do I need to do all my times ect again and go through it the proper way, just thinking I may get rejected after reading the rules "You can submit only ONCE"

Thanks in advance for your help :)

I never got round to using my GTP_tomhart9 PSN account so I was unable to change my password on my PS3 after the downtime, meaning I have to do it via email. Stupidly I used a fake email address :crazy:

Do I need to set up a new GTP_ PSN and let someone know and ask them to change it?

Or do I need to do all my times ect again and go through it the proper way, just thinking I may get rejected after reading the rules "You can submit only ONCE"

If you have submitted a valid qualifier you can change the GTP tag if you want. At least that option was available to me when I originally qualified under another name and a few months later changed it to my current.

You can have us change your PSN ID in the registry, just send a PM to Vaxen.

Before you go to the trouble of doing that, you could also consider a couple of alternatives -

1. Contact Sony customer service, following the steps from their FAQ outlining what to do if you used a fake email

2. Register your fake email address, if it's from a real domain and available. I had an account that I had to do that for, and it worked fine. I just tried to sign in again with the account on PSN, which triggered another email from them.

I almost used a fake email for mine... But then I said, "nah, what if I need it"?:P

Is my handicap in the Official GTP_registry correct?
I'm D2Silver with a handicap of 1.915

copy paste from the official registry:
GTP_Eriba / dranddad / UK (2.710 / 2.730)
GTP_dsgerbc / dmanaenk / USA (2.639 / 2.514)
GTP_Speedy6543 / Speedy6543 / Belgium (1.915)
GTP_Sidplayos2 / sidplayos2 / Australia (2.819 / 2.541)
GTP_s38b36 / flip6981 / USA (2.875 / 2.609)

Is it possible I should be down the 2.6xx's aswel?

Thanks in advance admins

Back