GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
This will probably be a dumb question, but I'm tired and confused;

By "sectors 2 and 3," do they mean the individual events for sections 2 and 3 on the Intermediate menu, or do I go into the full lap event, and do sectors 2 and 3 on that?

MÜLE_9242;5554637
This will probably be a dumb question, but I'm tired and confused;

By "sectors 2 and 3," do they mean the individual events for sections 2 and 3 on the Intermediate menu, or do I go into the full lap event, and do sectors 2 and 3 on that?

The individual events for sectors 2 and 3. Good luck:tup:

Alright, that's what I thought. I'll get working on it some more before I go to bed.

Can i just ask a quick question, in the registry my name looks like this;
GTP_FERRET / jonopye / England (3.769 / 3.995)
why is my current handicap so much higher than my original one?
i have only finished 2 WRS weeks, week 18 and 19 (0.67915 and -0.88281 handicap) so surely my handicap should have gone down? unless ive got it completely wrong :dunce:

Maybe because week 18 went official and that pushed your handicap up, but week 19 is still unofficial and not figured in. When 19 goes official if you got a (-) it should go down... but I don't know the secret formula so just an educated guess.

Maybe because week 18 went official and that pushed your handicap up, but week 19 is still unofficial and not figured in. When 19 goes official if you got a (-) it should go down... but I don't know the secret formula so just an educated guess.
ahh that would make sense, thank you :sly:

I went to do this tonight, but after I copied my save file to my GTP_ account then switched over, it said I couldn't use that save file because it was being used by someone else. Any way around that? Don't really feel like starting a new game on a different account then leveling up enough to complete this. If that's the only way to do it, then it's not worth it to me...

I went to do this tonight, but after I copied my save file to my GTP_ account then switched over, it said I couldn't use that save file because it was being used by someone else. Any way around that? Don't really feel like starting a new game on a different account then leveling up enough to complete this. If that's the only way to do it, then it's not worth it to me...

There's not a way to copy a save. However, the seasonal events provide a great opportunity to very quickly build up the XP needed to run the AMG academy events and to get some quick cash as well.

You should be able to run through just a few of the events and earn enough of both to take care of you. 👍

You being a GT Academy Finalist, this would be right up your alley, R1600!

I've enjoyed your posts whenever I see them. 👍

Last edited:
R1600Turbo
Alright, well maybe I'll try it this weekend sometime...

If its any consolation to you, I played on my subaccount (which was level 0) for less than an hour the other day and got to level 25 A-spec, and had also bought a Audi R10 with credits to spare 👍.

Send your GTP account a Fiat 500 (new one).
Go do one single (fiat) seasonal event and win.
You'll be level 20. ;) in one race. 👍

Problem with R1600 like myself, is Vaxen hasn't been online for about 10 days now, which made me miss last weeks submission deadline and from the looks of things might put us in the same boat again this week. This is a bit of a issue as i'm sure there are more than us two though.

Problem with R1600 like myself, is Vaxen hasn't been online for about 10 days now, which made me miss last weeks submission deadline and from the looks of things might put us in the same boat again this week. This is a bit of a issue as i'm sure there are more than us two though.

Hi. Vaxen does have some RL things happening right now.

Normally, we would get these processed more quickly.

Please feel free to -

1. Submit your times for the current events.

2. Send me a PM with your qualifier details.

We're not necessarily equipped to include you right away, but we can add you to the results once Vaxen is back in the fold. 👍

I just thought for this that there would/should be more than one person capable, I mean we can never know what is happenning with one person, they might never come back and then where do we go? But I will send you the details asked but if there is no Vaxen by the end of this weeks one then i'll consider not getting involved, hope I didn't sound mean or rude. 👍

PS: I did submit my times yesterday for Fuji but fetchbot sent me a message about not being registered and to do that first hence where i'm at now. Big circles are making me dizzy hehe.

I just thought for this that there would/should be more than one person capable, I mean we can never know what is happenning with one person, they might never come back and then where do we go? But I will send you the details asked but if there is no Vaxen by the end of this weeks one then i'll consider not getting involved, hope I didn't sound mean or rude. 👍

PS: I did submit my times yesterday for Fuji but fetchbot sent me a message about not being registered and to do that first hence where i'm at now. Big circles are making me dizzy hehe.

Well, there's no need taking on an attitude about all of this.

There's certainly more than one person capable, and at the same time, I hope you understand that communication among our team is the key to keeping things moving along.

I'm only trying to help with my reply, but if you would rather just buzz off, I suppose that's fine as well.............

I said I wasn't trying to be rude but from my research it seems that i'm not the only one waiting and I just want to not have to look here every day to see if I am eligible to submit or not, it's like i'm having to chase someone for this. You must have misinterpreted my message I never tried to be rude.

I'm back from my honeymoon, and will process the next round of submissions by Wednesday of this week.

So doing the Registry Qualifier is the way to join the WRS? If so, i will get going and give all the info as soon as possible with my lap time (and sectors).

So doing the Registry Qualifier is the way to join the WRS? If so, i will get going and give all the info as soon as possible with my lap time (and sectors).

Yes, you need to complete the qualifier before competing in GTP_Registry events. The WRS is one type of event.

Be sure to spend an adequate amount of time on the qualifier. That typically means spending at least the same amount of time that you would for one of the normal weekly races.

Welcome.:cheers:

Yes, you're right. But please put some effort in the qualifier. Some people are putting the same amount of time in the qualifier as they would in a normal WRS week. That way you'll most likely be placed in a division you're comfortable in.

EDIT: Haha, almost exactly the same words.

EDK
Be sure to spend an adequate amount of time on the qualifier. That typically means spending at least the same amount of time that you would for one of the normal weekly races.

Yes, you're right. But please put some effort in the qualifier. Some people are putting the same amount of time in the qualifier as they would in a normal WRS week. That way you'll most likely be placed in a division you're comfortable in.

I understand what u lads mean. Basically work your butt off to make a name for yourself.

I understand what u lads mean. Basically work your butt off to make a name for yourself.

That's not really it. We just want to make sure you don't rush through the qualifier, only to find that you've been placed in a lower division than you should have been as a result.

Each race lasts for a week, and people typically run multiple sessions of 30-60 minutes each.

The average time spent per race is in the multiple hour range, someone running closer to 1 hour would be in the minority, and there are few if any people here that can find their limit within 1 single session.

EDK
That's not really it. We just want to make sure you don't rush through the qualifier, only to find that you've been placed in a lower division than you should have been as a result.

Each race lasts for a week, and people typically run multiple sessions of 30-60 minutes each.

The average time spent per race is in the multiple hour range, someone running closer to 1 hour would be in the minority, and there are few if any people here that can find their limit within 1 single session.

Ok got it. But basically, the more you give time, the better ur chances of being on top. But i also understand that not all have the skill/talent to be in the top tier.

Back