GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Got a question for the Qualyfier. It says the following:

• Special Events > AMG Driving Academy > Intermediate
    Nürburgring Nordschleife
    Sectors 2 & 3

Does it mean i have to only do Secotrs 2 and 3 and add them up right? No need to do the whole Nurburgring.

I'm back from my honeymoon, and will process the next round of submissions by Wednesday of this week.

Hmm, Honeymoon as in "I just got married to a beautiful person" and not as in a long listening session with your new tube stereo amplifier?

If so, congrats! 👍

Last edited:
Hi Vaxen,

Congragulations and Im sure you have alot better things to do but I am curious if you could find some time to make me an official WRS member? Im doing pretty good at HSR and I would love to have my splits on the leaderboard this TT.👍

Also Im dying to know how good or bad I did at this qualifier and how I will be ranked.:)

Thanks.

Silly question and i'll try not to be too specific as it's against the rules to talk about it, but if your car is heading off the road at the finish, is that legit providing i'm still on the road at the finish line?

Silly question and i'll try not to be too specific as it's against the rules to talk about it, but if your car is heading off the road at the finish, is that legit providing i'm still on the road at the finish line?

I take it you're thinking about sector 3.It has been discussed before. The answer that time was that the race stewards really does not care about what happens after you have passed the finish line. If you are clean when passing the line the run is valid.

However, from a community clean racing POV it is considered a bit dirty. I think most would scrap a run that clearly is heading straight out of bounds immediately after the finish line.

I take it you're thinking about sector 3.It has been discussed before. The answer that time was that the race stewards really does not care about what happens after you have passed the finish line. If you are clean when passing the line the run is valid.

However, from a community clean racing POV it is considered a bit dirty. I think most would scrap a run that clearly is heading straight out of bounds immediately after the finish line.

Yes, and thankyou for the quick response :) It's good to know, I didn't want to work at it and end up submitting a dirty time. I'll go by the "If you're not sure your lap is 100% clean, then consider it dirty" rule and aim to submit a lap with my regular line anyway, it's just incase I did a significantly faster time but went wide on that last corner.

I'm going to assume that generally WRS events will have a finish on a straight (As most circuits do) rather than immediately after a corner, hence why this wasn't clearly stated in the rules.

EDIT: Submitted :) Hoping for Division 1, but realistically I think i'm looking at Division 2 Silver or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Div 2 Silver :) didnt think i'd do that well, looking forward to the WRS

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm new to the WRS and I've recently done the qualifier. The thing is I submitted it the correct format but my times were X:XX:XXX instead of X'XX.XXX. Will this make my submission invalid?

Hey guys. I'm new to the WRS and I've recently done the qualifier. The thing is I submitted it the correct format but my times were X:XX:XXX instead of X'XX.XXX. Will this make my submission invalid?

Don't worry. I don't think so

Little format mistakes like this are OK. I'll usually only reject a qualifier time if the splits are so far off from the combined time that I can't make sense of it, or if the times are so far out of bounds that they are impossibly fast, or so slow that it's obvious that a good faith attempt was not made (only happened once). If any of these happen I'll send a PM asking for clarification.

If the qualifier is submitted without a GTP tag, then the submission will be rejected outright.

I submitted a time about 5 months ago and have completly forgot about this!

I ended up in Division 3 Bronze but I haven't taken part in any of the 24 previous time trials (sorry!). I also deleted my GTP account on my PS3!

I'll set up another GTP account tomorrow night when I get home with the same username that is on the Registry but do I have to re-run the qualifier at Nurburgring and submit a new time for or am I good to go and submit times for the Time trials?

Thanks for the help!

I ended up in Division 3 Bronze but I haven't taken part in any of the 24 previous time trials (sorry!). I also deleted my GTP account on my PS3!

I'll set up another GTP account tomorrow night when I get home with the same username that is on the Registry but do I have to re-run the qualifier at Nurburgring and submit a new time for or am I good to go and submit times for the Time trials?

Thanks for the help!

1. You're already listed in the official GTP Registry in D3: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4730354#post4730354. So as long as you can create an account on your PS3 under this exact name (and provide future replays if required under that name) fetchbot should recognize your splits for the leaderboard and results.

2. You are also well beyond the 6 week window where you'd have to provide a replay of your original quali submission so the fact that you deleted that account from the PS3 (and probably the replay data) shouldn't be a factor.

3. There is no requirement to participate each week in WRS to maintain your membership/status.

I'm not an admin (and thus my opinion doesn't matter that much), but I'm thinking you are good to go without another quali submission and can compete right away. I would recommend you run the combo, post your splits and assume you can compete unless an admin says otherwise.

EDIT: In fact, reading the quality thread again, there is a rule *against* multiple submissions so in a way you are stuck with your original quali submission even if you don't like it and can't submit again.

Welcome to D3... assuming you decide to compete this time and don't forget. :lol:

Thanks for the help!

Your original time counts and is what we would use.

As WRP mentioned, see if you can bring the GTP account back to life. Even if you deleted it from your PS3, you may be able to recover the account, if you know the email and password you used to set it up.

Last resort would be a new GTP_Tag, and we would update it in the registry. In that case, you need to PM Vaxen so he can make the appropriate updates.

Thanks for that EDK and WRP001.

I'll be at home later this evening and I'll try and get it sorted. I think I have the PSN details saved on an old phone somewhere in the house.

I'll let you know how I get on later.

EDIT: Unfortunately the phone didn't have any details of my GTP account and I cannot remember the e-mail or password that I used so I've had to set up a new GTP account with a new username.

I'll send a PM to Vaxen with my new username.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Ok hi people. I have just set up my GTP account as i want to get in on the action here. Ive read the GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT5.

So i understand that i have to set a time in the 2nd and 3rd sectors of the Ring in the AMG in the SPECIAL EVENTS and submit it to VIXEN via PM.

So what do i do now? lol

Ok hi people. I have just set up my GTP account as i want to get in on the action here. Ive read the GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT5.

So i understand that i have to set a time in the 2nd and 3rd sectors of the Ring in the AMG in the SPECIAL EVENTS and submit it to VIXEN via PM.

So what do i do now? lol

Make sure you spend an appropriate amount of time on the qualifier, as another member already mentioned to you.

Once you've done all you say above, you wait until we've processed your submission and then you can begin participating in the weekly events.

I have a question. When i submit my qualifying time, do i start in the lowest division ( depending on what my time is of course) or be placed in a division with other drivers close to my time?

I have a question. When i submit my qualifying time, do i start in the lowest division ( depending on what my time is of course) or be placed in a division with other drivers close to my time?
The bold one.

That's why they have it. 👍
Also why they stress to run your best, so you'll be ranked properly.

I'm listed under the Div 1 silver category in the official registry thread. :confused: Any reason why?

I'm listed under the Div 1 silver category in the official registry thread. :confused: Any reason why?

Vaxen is away right now, but will inquire with him on his return.

EDK
Once you've done all you say above, you wait until we've processed your submission and then you can begin participating in the weekly events.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but in the Qualifier Post itself you're saying:

Once you have submitted your qualification time you are then free to begin participating in any current GTP race event regardless of whether you know your division yet or not.

So which one is it? Do I have to wait for my qualification to be processed or can I send a time for tonight's event, although I've just send the qualification this morning?

I don't want to do anything wrong and get DQ before I even start, but I'm eager to begin... ;-)

Back