GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Submitted, finally :)

Very tricky qualifier to get the maximum out. Happy with the times, would have needed some real luck to do much better.

Great to be back, looking forward to some thrilling tt's!! :D

:cheers:
Also looking forward to competing with you Timo. But please leave some time for some online races.:sly:

HELP
cant get fetchbot to accept my time

sending.
to/ WRSFetcBot
subject/GTP_WRS Week 30 submission
core/ Time x'xx.xxx

keep geting same reply saying invalid???????

HELP
cant get fetchbot to accept my time

sending.
to/ WRSFetcBot
subject/GTP_WRS Week 30 submission
core/ Time x'xx.xxx

keep geting same reply saying invalid???????

It looks like you forgot a colon. It should look like this, Time: x'xx.xxx

Just set up a GTP account last night and took a few spins in the AMG. Looking forward to joining the ranks here.

Submitted, finally :)

Very tricky qualifier to get the maximum out. Happy with the times, would have needed some real luck to do much better.

What the...? Yes, I would think you'd definitely needed some real luck to do "much" better...

This is one astonishing placement, congrats. And welcome to first place - I presume this is a sentence we'll make you get used to week after week.

Well you seem to have done an outstanding job of it. UNREAL!!!

Nothing unreal really, just lots of repetitions :lol:

What the...? Yes, I would think you'd definitely needed some real luck to do "much" better...

haha, well 'much' can mean so different things. I believe there's total of .3 secs realistically to take still but not more. Then again, there are people that always goes under what I think to be possible so.. :crazy:

This is one astonishing placement, congrats. And welcome to first place - I presume this is a sentence we'll make you get used to week after week.

Thanks, but most certainly won't be like that, as I said I have much to learn in the track department and the real life gives less and less time for games every year.. Best thing with the qualifier was I could spread the driving over many weeks, evening here evening there.

Last edited:
All of you guys should keep in mind that Timo was our pacesetter on the original Prologue qualifier combo. So if he says he left a little out there, he's not just blowing smoke.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge into this series. I've got two questions (sorry if they've been answered before).

1 - Does making a new GTP_ account also mean starting a brand new game, or can it be used with an existing game save?
2 - Just out of curiosity, as I don't have a clutch pedal, why is use of the clutch not allowed?

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes, brand new game, do seasonals to level up quickly however.;)

2. Clutch isn't allowed because it gives an unfair advantage to people with a high-end wheel.

2 - Just out of curiosity, as I don't have a clutch pedal, why is use of the clutch not allowed?

I think it's just the specific clutch in the G25 & G27 that is banned... they are said by PD to give an unfair advantage... not sure exactly why. The quote from PD is said to be:

"When we tested the G27, it had some functionality in the shifting process that gave it an unfair advantage over other peripherals. You were able to shift the G27 without losing any speed/ power. We repeated worked with Logitech to remedy this, but Logitech refused to alter their Firmware to our standards..."

I don't think clutches in general are banned.

Thanks akmuq and WRP001. I suppose the main (maybe only?) purpose of levelling up quickly after creating a new game is so we can buy the cars we want/need?

Edit: Oh, and to be able to participate in the AMG special event... wow, figured it out all by myself! :dopey:

Last edited:
Thanks akmuq. I suppose the main (maybe only?) purpose of levelling up quickly after creating a new game is so we can buy the cars we want/need?

You have to level up to unlock the GTP_Registry Qualifier which is the Intermediate Level AMG Driving Academy Special Event.

You will also need some cash to run certain WRS events which require you buy a car, but there are other events run in Arcade Mode that do not require any game credits.

You can level up in 20-30 minutes by sharing a car from your main account to your GTP account and running 2-3 seasonal events. The cash from those wins alone will probably hold you over for a while as far as cars required to purchase for WRS.

I don't think clutches in general are banned.

They are all banned, as we don't want to go around trying to figure out which ones do or don't offer a time advantage.

Just wondering when the registry is updated? I entered a time 3 weeks ago but have not been added yet, no rush was just curious.

Well, just submitted my qualifier, hopefully in time to make the next batch...

Like most bad drivers, my main problem is inconsistency, so my best times are not very representative of what my average performance is. I'm very curious to see where this will land me in the divisions.

I know the feeling segovia, I tend to put in consistent laps then I mess one little thing up and all my times go all over the place. Thankfully though if I finish a lap quite well and think to myself 'this is the one' I tend to knock at least a second off my best time :)

The registry is temporarily closed, while we evaluate the impact of the new physics with the Spec II update.

The registry is temporarily closed, while we evaluate the impact of the new physics with the Spec II update.
Just my two cents... I don't see any time difference ATM, and I've ran several car/track combos I'm pretty familiar with and ran recently, the only difference I can confirm is more FFB and it's easier to manage snap-over steer.

My actual lap times have technically been slower, but I've been blaming that on the Vettel challenge for now.:lol:

I was driving around the Nordschleife in the new Schultze GT-R on standard settings and must say that I was very impressed by the car. It could be the general setup but it surely felt like the brake character was more realistic then I ever felt in a car playing GT4, Prologue and 5.
So perhaps the drive engine of V2.0 has changed, but I'm not sure.

Any word on progress yet?
I only ask because I know of some people that would like to join the registry.:cheers:

If there's anything we can do to help, I'm sure people are willing. (myself included)

I'd like to join up, but the thought of slogging through all that A-Spec and seasonals again is not very encouraging. Does anyone have any tips on the fastest way, with specifics, of getting to where I need to be to run the qualifier? I know once I get there I can put cars on my main account on share to run events or just buy what I need from my new account, but I'd like to level up as fast as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd like to join up, but the thought of slogging through all that A-Spec and seasonals again is not very encouraging. Does anyone have any tips on the fastest way, with specifics, of getting to where I need to be to run the qualifier? I know once I get there I can put cars on my main account on share to run events or just buy what I need from my new account, but I'd like to level up as fast as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Johnny.

Doing some of the seasonals will be the fastest way to level up....
With the tripled bonus from earlier, the Ferrari-event at La Sarthe would level you up in less than one hour... Now..? That depends how high your login-multiplier is at the moment.

But be aware that the registry are closed for the moment, so it is not possible to make a submission until further notice...
The reason for the temporary closure, is due to uncertainty of how the changed physics of Spec-II will affect the AMG-event, hence the placement in divisions... That is being investigated at the moment by the race-admins.. I think.. :sly:

Back