GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
But be aware that the registry are closed for the moment, so it is not possible to make a submission until further notice...
The reason for the temporary closure, is due to uncertainty of how the changed physics of Spec-II will affect the AMG-event, hence the placement in divisions... That is being investigated at the moment by the race-admins.. I think.. :sly:

And I decided to submit just after 2.0 update :( I guess after 2.5 weeks its the time to ask when will this probably finish.

In my opinion, noone should really level up. If i was a member already, i would just borrow my main car accounts.

I'd like to join up, but the thought of slogging through all that A-Spec and seasonals again is not very encouraging. Does anyone have any tips on the fastest way, with specifics, of getting to where I need to be to run the qualifier? I know once I get there I can put cars on my main account on share to run events or just buy what I need from my new account, but I'd like to level up as fast as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Johnny, it's actually very easy, I've deleted my GTP game save twice now, in less then 1 hour you can easily be up to level 16 and start running the qualifier.
My last time, I did this:

Buy a UCD car that's as fast as possible, though I used a Miata.
Enter some type of seasonal race, even finishing last will get you some cash to upgrade the car a bit.
Within 5 seasonal races you should probably be up to around level 16, especially if you're lazy and build your bonus for 5 days to 200% before you start actually really driving. 👍

Also, the seasonal (expert challenge?) with the Fiat, Lotus, and Subaru may still be open, I'm not sure. If it is, grab a Fiat at level 2 and you'll have cash and plenty of XP in just 3 races. :D

It's been a while now, so I assume the registry will re-open fairly soon, since I've yet to encounter a single car/track combo personally that has reduced or increased lap times.
Good to see interest from you. :cheers:

You guys can compete unofficially though.
Compare your times
And don't forget to sign up for the online race every week
Check my sig and click on the '3D3 racing' link in it. :sly:
You don't have to be a registered member to join there but it's with the same specs as the WRS.
The only difference is that it's an online race. :)

Updatey [post=6257485]update[/post]

It's open.... submit! Submit! You know you want to!

Submit!

How about a news item on the front page Kev? A lot of people will have completed the game now so might be less concerned about starting a new account purely for the WRS and it would be good to get some more people to regularly run events.

How about a news item on the front page Kev? A lot of people will have completed the game now so might be less concerned about starting a new account purely for the WRS and it would be good to get some more people to regularly run events.

I want to make sure there's something to announce before doing that.

So for now, the announcement is that we have 5 new race admins, and we're busy at work behind the scenes, developing plans for the future.

It's not a coincidence that the registry got re-opened just a few days after their appointments. These guys are already doing a lot for the community, and are eager to pitch in.

More to come, very soon.

EDK
I want to make sure there's something to announce before doing that.

So for now, the announcement is that we have 5 new race admins, and we're busy at work behind the scenes, developing plans for the future.

It's not a coincidence that the registry got re-opened just a few days after their appointments. These guys are already doing a lot for the community, and are eager to pitch in.

Indeed 👍

I just don't have the time to be an admin, but if there is anything I can do to assist anyone, particularly in offline mode, please let me know.

So, what's the veredict about Spec 2 change in physics? I made replays of the registry right before Spec 2 and when I was going to submit it got closed. Then I made replays after, and got really close times. Which should I submit?

So, what's the veredict about Spec 2 change in physics? I made replays of the registry right before Spec 2 and when I was going to submit it got closed. Then I made replays after, and got really close times. Which should I submit?

Submit your best (clean) time. We found that spec 1 and spec 2 were close enough that we didn't need to make an adjustment.

I know this, I'm asking if i can take one's opinion about the numbers 👍

We'd rather not have people discussing specific strategy related to the qualifier, so I'll give some general information on how I approach brake balance.

In general, a grippy FR car like the SLS AMG would respond well to a lower front and higher rear bias. I would suggest starting with 4/6, and keep spreading them apart until you are comfortable.

A more aggressive method would be to start with 1/10 and move the lower number up until you are comfortable.

That applies to just about any FR on race tires in just about any event. But it still will come back to your personal preference. I would not worry as much about what's faster, but what's more comfortable and consistent.

EDK
We'd rather not have people discussing specific strategy related to the qualifier, so I'll give some general information on how I approach brake balance.

In general, a grippy FR car like the SLS AMG would respond well to a lower front and higher rear bias. I would suggest starting with 4/6, and keep spreading them apart until you are comfortable.

A more aggressive method would be to start with 1/10 and move the lower number up until you are comfortable.

That applies to just about any FR on race tires in just about any event. But it still will come back to your personal preference. I would not worry as much about what's faster, but what's more comfortable and consistent.

Τhe only ones I tried is 5/5 and 9/10! The last one makes me really happy and I have done my best time with it. Thanks for your help 👍. Gonna submit on Monday, as I want to follow this statement
EDK
It would be greatly appreciated by all GTP Race Admin and participants if you would dedicate at least as much time to the qualifier as you would to a regular WRS event.
, This week was pretty comfortable for me.

I never even knew about the RA menu when I ran the qualifier :lol:

Neither did I :lol:

I also did not know yet how broken G25/27 pedals are with abs=0, used that just by habit. Boy I made some smoke. But somehow I got used to it and put down some good splits anyway.

It seems so long ago, guess I would do many things different if I was to run it again.

this weeks event is a seasonal and as i can't connect to PSN (connection to slow and wrong type) can i use a normal time trial instead?

this weeks event is a seasonal and as i can't connect to PSN (connection to slow and wrong type) can i use a normal time trial instead?
Sorry, it's not possible for us to know if you complied with the specific event regulations if you use something other than the seasonal time trial to run the event.

Most specifically, Horsepower does not show up in the replays.

Latest Posts

Back