GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
I thought someone else would ask this - it's exactly what I thought when I was reading the qualifier rules. May I suggest this is clarified in the rules in the qualifier thread? The answer was not that easy to find.

I don't agree with your assessment.

If you go into the game, and go to the AMG special events, and run the event numbers that are called out, you will end up with the laps you are supposed to for the qualifier.

If you try running the whole lap, that's going to be with AI on the track, and you have no way of getting your sector times.

I think we get this question from people who ask it before going into the game to find out what I just stated.

EDK

If you go into the game, and go to the AMG special events, and run the event numbers that are called out, you will end up with the laps you are supposed to for the qualifier.

If you try running the whole lap, that's going to be with AI on the track, and you have no way of getting your sector times.

I think we get this question from people who ask it before going into the game to find out what I just stated.

But now I've gotten a PM with the same question, so I added some comments for clarification at the Top of the Qualifier post.

Hey Kevin, you just double-posted! :D

I quoted myself to add content.

The occasional double post is OK, especially when it's in a lower traffic thread like this one. I added pertinent details. That doesn't mean to double post every time you have a split update in a race thread. But it also means if you come back to the suggestion thread after a week, have something significant to add, and you were the last to post, go ahead and double post.

But if you post "Bump!" after a week, I'm gonna have to go get that baanhammer. ;)

A day in between post is considered adding content, chuck. ;) :P
2.5 hours is not a day. ;) :lol:

EDK
I quoted myself to add content.

The occasional double post is OK, especially when it's in a lower traffic thread like this one. I added pertinent details. That doesn't mean to double post every time you have a split update in a race thread. But it also means if you come back to the suggestion thread after a week, have something significant to add, and you were the last to post, go ahead and double post.

But if you post "Bump!" after a week, I'm gonna have to go get that baanhammer. ;)
I think he was just razzing you. :P
Everyone double taps sooner or later, whether intentional or not. :lol:

I think he was just razzing you. :P
Everyone double taps sooner or later, whether intentional or not. :lol:

Indeed I was. I'll be more careful. I would never intentionally insult or aggravate Kevin, or anyone else for that matter. My sincere apologies.

Indeed I was. I'll be more careful. I would never intentionally insult or aggravate Kevin, or anyone else for that matter. My sincere apologies.

No need to apologize.

All comments were genuine, but Chuk and George can still go 🤬 themselves. ;)

Hi guys,
im currently giving a try at those registry sector times, and having a lot of fun hehe, and was wondering something, on the 3rd sector, if the car go off the track ''after'' the line does it matter? or the car need to stay on the track even after the line?

Sorry if it was in the thread i tried to search a little but theres a lot of pages to read :)

It's not needed to stay on the track after the line but it's suggested. Some will try to stay on the track and some will not. You just have to make your own decision. I don't think it gains you that much time.

Welcome to the WRS and good luck.:cheers:

It's not needed to stay on the track after the line but it's suggested. Some will try to stay on the track and some will not. You just have to make your own decision. I don't think it gains you that much time.

Welcome to the WRS and good luck.:cheers:

I would think about it this way - Do you think you'll be able to make up the time you gain doing that during a normal WRS week, when you won't be able to exploit that advantage? If not, I wouldn't do it, as it may affect your divisional placement and cause you to be less competitive as a result.

EDK
I would think about it this way - Do you think you'll be able to make up the time you gain doing that during a normal WRS week, when you won't be able to exploit that advantage? If not, I wouldn't do it, as it may affect your divisional placement and cause you to be less competitive as a result.
Yes, but that's very hard to say.
Or you're saying something like if you think you're competitive at the Nürburgring, then try to stay on the track; if you think you're not so competitive at the Nürburgring then feel free to do so?

I understand both of your points, i normaly prefer running very clean laps, but i was wondering if im the only one to ''not'' do it, that would also false my divisional placement.

I will try to keep it on the track, so far it was not too bad, it was barely in the grass, but still 4 wheels on grass!... hehe

Thx for the fast response and for the welcome! :) (sorry if my english sound weird.. it can happen lol)

Yes, I would advice you to do so if you're the type of driver who will always drive as cleanly as possible.👍
I can tell you almost surely that you're not the only one trying to stay on the track but you wouldn't be the only one not staying on the track either.

Mike's gonna be D1 regardless. :P

Push it Mike, you might be able to get D1G.👍
As for the finish, I think it makes less then .1 difference, assuming you don't drive into the corner planning on crashing. That would be against the spirit of the rules to me though.

Yes, but that's very hard to say.
Or you're saying something like if you think you're competitive at the Nürburgring, then try to stay on the track; if you think you're not so competitive at the Nürburgring then feel free to do so?

Not quite what I was trying to say. I agree with your point and comments and was actually attempting to add to it, that's why I quoted you.

It was more to say that not only do you have to consider fair play, but you should also consider that gaining that advantage now may come back to bite you later.

Same thing with Anastasis, who is having trouble with being on D1 pace. He submitted a lap that was on the ragged edge. Had he not, he would probably be competing for D2 podiums.

This^

EDK
Same thing with Anastasis, who is having trouble with being on D1 pace. He submitted a lap that was on the ragged edge. Had he not, he would probably be competing for D2 podiums.

And This^

As for the finish, I think it makes less then .1 difference, assuming you don't drive into the corner planning on crashing. That would be against the spirit of the rules to me though.

thx mate! i have no idea how i will stand vs everybody, its thrilling not knowing everybody's time! haha lol

I just hope ill qualify! and yes i will for sure try to keep the car on the track! :dopey:

Ill post my submission tomorow :)

Last edited:
I've been playing GT5 since it was originally released, and now I'd like to start participating in the online WRS series sponsored by GTP. One of the rules though is your PSN account has to be GTP_###, however there is now way to change your PSN ID once it has been created. Is there anyway to join the WRS without changing my ID. If I create a new PSN ID I'd have to start from scratch in GT5 correct? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have to start from scratch, however, with seasonal's, it's easy to level up quickly, buy a Honda Civic ('97 preferably) as that can be used for quite a lot of seasonals and the GT-R Eifel TT is free and can be golded easily for 1 million and I'd assume quite a few levels(Not when you're level 36 beforehand though:ouch:)

Another thing we do is race your B-spec drivers so that cash is not an issue. It only takes a couple of GTP friends to make you a million or so every week, per driver. We will also gift cars to you up to the maximum allowed. And there's a heads-up given if a super expensive car is going to be used, so you know where to spend your money!

I've been playing GT5 since it was originally released, and now I'd like to start participating in the online WRS series sponsored by GTP. One of the rules though is your PSN account has to be GTP_###, however there is now way to change your PSN ID once it has been created. Is there anyway to join the WRS without changing my ID. If I create a new PSN ID I'd have to start from scratch in GT5 correct? Thanks for any help.

Yep, that's what almost everybody had to do here, including myself. 👍

Remember that you only need to level up enough to be able to run the qualifier (level 12? I forget...), which can be done very quickly with seasonals, like akmuq said. Probably an hour at most if I remember correctly.

EDK

Sorry, you're absolutely right - I hadn't checked the events in-game (although had completed them some months ago, I just didn't remember the full lap having opponents). Damn assumptions always get me! My initial thought was it seemed weird to combine two seperate events / two seperate replays for the qualifier.

Thanks for clarifying anyway.

Sorry, you're absolutely right - I hadn't checked the events in-game (although had completed them some months ago, I just didn't remember the full lap having opponents). Damn assumptions always get me! My initial thought was it seemed weird to combine two seperate events / two seperate replays for the qualifier.

Thanks.

I remember you from the Prologue days, and it's nice to see you back.

Good luck with your qualifier runs. 👍

EDK
Thanks.

I remember you from the Prologue days, and it's nice to see you back.

Good luck with your qualifier runs. 👍

My initial thought was it seemed weird to combine two seperate events / two seperate replays for the qualifier.

Yes nice to see you about James 👍

Phillip

Remember that you only need to level up enough to be able to run the qualifier (level 12? I forget...), which can be done very quickly with seasonals, like akmuq said. Probably an hour at most if I remember correctly.

It takes far less than an hour. Just share a Cappuccino RM or other car eligible for the Lightweight Cup from your other account. You only need 32,212 XP to reach L12, so even without the online bonus, it still should only take two runs, or about 6 minutes.

Back