GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Welcome! Hope you'll like it here. :)

Do try to avoid double posts like you just did with only minutes between them. 👍

Remember that you only need to level up enough to be able to run the qualifier (level 12? I forget...), which can be done very quickly with seasonals, like akmuq said. Probably an hour at most if I remember correctly.

It takes far less than an hour. Just share a Cappuccino RM or other car eligible for the Lightweight Cup from your other account. You only need 32,212 XP to reach L12, so even without the online bonus, it still should only take two runs, or about 6 minutes.

Im pretty sure the expert events are still live in the seasonals back catalogue too. Using a shared car, they will give you loads of XP and a good bankroll as well.

I just submitted my times yesterday. I can't wait to get started :D

I knew your id was familiar and I just realized I saw your name in the ORCA series sign up as well. You should definitely sign up for the challenge event:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235226

You will be well prepared having familiarity with the car plus you'll be able to run the WRS-TT by that point as well. 👍

In fact you could sign up for either team :sly:, but it looks like Team ORCA needs more drivers.

PS> I always wanted to comment that your avatar and GTPlanet Username couldn't be more contradictory. :lol: Did you go with GTP_Diabolical?

images_3_thumb.jpg
vs

A heads up for any race series that will be using Spa.

If you don't have the DLC tracks you can no longer drive on them.

I knew your id was familiar and I just realized I saw your name in the ORCA series sign up as well. You should definitely sign up for the challenge event:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235226

You will be well prepared having familiarity with the car plus you'll be able to run the WRS-TT by that point as well. 👍

In fact you could sign up for either team :sly:, but it looks like Team ORCA needs more drivers.

PS> I always wanted to comment that your avatar and GTPlanet Username couldn't be more contradictory. :lol: Did you go with GTP_Diabolical?

images_3_thumb.jpg
vs

I saw the WRS vs. ORCA challenge, and I'd love to participate, but I didn't sign up because there's a good chance I will be working that day. When we get closer to that date, if I decide I don't have to work and there's still an open spot on Team ORCA, I'll definitely join in on the action.

Haha I would say it's fitting because he's a little devil boy, but other than his Halloween costume, he's quite the opposite. I did go with GTP_Diabolical, it was a name I used back in my Rainbow 6 and Counter-Strike days and I'm just too lazy to think of a new one.

Just out of curiosity, any idea when the next round of new entries will be added? I'm really looking forward to participating. I know I can do the challenges and compare my times to everyone else's, but it's not the same until I see my name on the leaderboard :) Also, is there a way I can check to make sure I submitted my qualifier times properly?

Just out of curiosity, any idea when the next round of new entries will be added? I'm really looking forward to participating. I know I can do the challenges and compare my times to everyone else's, but it's not the same until I see my name on the leaderboard :) Also, is there a way I can check to make sure I submitted my qualifier times properly?

I think it's roughly every 4 weeks. The last round of entries was processed on Dec 8 so that would project out to the end of next week. I'm not sure what impact the holidays will have.

Keep an eye on the following thread which is where the results will be posted when the time comes:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111999

Please allow for 2-4 weeks from time of submission for your entry to be categorized.
Is two weeks after submission a minimum? I get terrible heartburn associated with anxiety. :sly:

Is two weeks after submission a minimum? I get terrible heartburn associated with anxiety. :sly:

I think that's just an average, though I think if you submit now, you're probably looking at around 4 weeks. If you look through the last bunch of pages on the new drivers and promotions thread, new drivers seem to be added the first week or so of each month. The latest round of new drivers was just posted a couple days ago, so it probably won't happen again until early next month.

I think that's just an average, though I think if you submit now, you're probably looking at around 4 weeks. If you look through the last bunch of pages on the new drivers and promotions thread, new drivers seem to be added the first week or so of each month. The latest round of new drivers was just posted a couple days ago, so it probably won't happen again until early next month.

Despite my comment being in jest, thanks for the response, albeit pessimistic. :sly:

Ran the qualifier on Jan 4th 2011.

Submitted today. :lol:

that avatar seems familiar?? :dopey: Welcome to GTP Mr Sphinx :sly:

haha, better late than never Jerry! It's good to see you back in the seat old man ;) 👍

that avatar seems familiar?? :dopey: Welcome to GTP Mr Sphinx :sly:

haha, better late than never Jerry! It's good to see you back in the seat old man ;) 👍

Hi, yes, I'm Sphinx. Nice to meet you old timer. ;)

Seeing that it took me a year to submit the qualifier, I'm a tad concerned how I'm going to meet a weekly deadline. :nervous: ;)

Sorry, couldn't find this, but do you have to create a new email account if you want to create a new online PSN id? It seems like you do.

Yes, you do but there are plenty to choose from.
Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.

I just wonder am I elligible for promotion as of now (I know that results need to become official but I just wonder)?
Since I did some math and I should be something like 2.328 right now, haha.

I just wonder am I elligible for promotion as of now (I know that results need to become official but I just wonder)?
Since I did some math and I should be something like 2.328 right now, haha.
You're promoted if you constantly perform under your handicap time and a bunch of other factors play a role as well. It's not like you're immediately promoted if you're under D1 silver handicap.

You're promoted if you constantly perform under your handicap time and a bunch of other factors play a role as well. It's not like you're immediately promoted if you're under D1 silver handicap.

I know that Wes, I'm not stupid.
I did 5 weeks and in 4 I performed better than my qualifier, I note that stuff, I'm a stat whore and again I'm not a dumb one.

I know that Wes, I'm not stupid.
I did 5 weeks and in 4 I performed better than my qualifier, I note that stuff, I'm a stat whore and again I'm not a dumb one.
Ok then, all I know is that it takes more than that.

EDIT: I did of course mean you have to set a D2 gold time each week..
What I'm trying to make clear: It's not the handicap system that promotes you, it's Vaxen. The handicap system is just a tool..

EDIT2: You started with a handicap of 2.385 so you're just performing at your current level which is on the edge of D2 silver/D2 gold.

Last edited:
And if you prance around asking when you'll be promoted, it will probably take longer than if you had just kept it to yourself. ;)

Hello GTP community I have a question regarding the GTP name tag. I plan on making a new GTP account name in order to participate in the registry. This GTP account will be my new main account. Being my main account I would love to start leveling as soon as possible. Also I would love to go online and do some shuffle races to practice more tracks and get use to racing with others.

My question is while I get better at driving do you guys mind me using the GTP screen name online. Or do I have to wait until I get registered before I go online in public lobbies. The reason being is I would prefer to be more confident in my driving before I submit my results. Which would take about a month or so. I’m a casual racer and this organization is the push I need to be more of a dedicated racer.

Hello GTP community I have a question regarding the GTP name tag. I plan on making a new GTP account name in order to participate in the registry. This GTP account will be my new main account. Being my main account I would love to start leveling as soon as possible. Also I would love to go online and do some shuffle races to practice more tracks and get use to racing with others.

My question is while I get better at driving do you guys mind me using the GTP screen name online. Or do I have to wait until I get registered before I go online in public lobbies. The reason being is I would prefer to be more confident in my driving before I submit my results. Which would take about a month or so. I’m a casual racer and this organization is the push I need to be more of a dedicated racer.

Noone would mind that, be sure to give the qualifier your best effort and then join us here at WRS. :)
Cheers.

Just spent two hours on sector 2.

Was able to turn some decent times (for me at least ha ha )

Tomorrow I'll move on to sector three.

I have been trying several of the older tt's and I'm just below div 5 times.

But I'm practicing and can't wait to join the crew!!!

Justin

When you run the qualifier, you send your T2 and T3 time by PM, then using the split time your lap time will rank you in the right division, for the handicap im not too sure how it work... but you can see the range for D1 gold to D1 silver etc...

you need to run the qualifier first to know your divional placement. Give it as much effort as you would do during an event. :)

Back