GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Fetchbot won't accept your submission if you're not registered so you won't be able to be DQ'ed. You are able to post your splits for this week to compare how you are doing against fellow GTP'ers. ;)

poolhaas
Fetchbot won't accept your submission if you're not registered so you won't be able to be DQ'ed. You are able to post your splits for this week to compare how you are doing against fellow GTP'ers. ;)

Thanks poolhas. For the time being though, let me just compare my times offline with the rest of the crowd - it's definitely less embarrassing... ;-)

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but in the Qualifier Post itself you're saying:

So which one is it? Do I have to wait for my qualification to be processed or can I send a time for tonight's event, although I've just send the qualification this morning?

I don't want to do anything wrong and get DQ before I even start, but I'm eager to begin... ;-)

Sorry, I need to set aside some time to make some updates to the first post. We've changed how we process them, and as poolhaas mentioned, even if you submit, your time will not be accepted if you are not listed in the registry.

EDK
Sorry, I need to set aside some time to make some updates to the first post.

No problem, thanks for the update...

Gives me more time to redo old week's challenges and guess which division I'll be put in - so many things to worry about: are people usually better in the Qualifier, because they've already driven it often enough, or do they not bother to work on their time because of it...? Is the Bronze/Silver/Gold reward in the qualifier a bad thing, because people stop as soon as they reach a milestone, or does it make it more competitive because they have something to guide them...? I'm looking forward to answering these questions for myself once I'm in...

No problem, thanks for the update...

Gives me more time to redo old week's challenges and guess which division I'll be put in - so many things to worry about: are people usually better in the Qualifier, because they've already driven it often enough, or do they not bother to work on their time because of it...? Is the Bronze/Silver/Gold reward in the qualifier a bad thing, because people stop as soon as they reach a milestone, or does it make it more competitive because they have something to guide them...? I'm looking forward to answering these questions for myself once I'm in...

In general, the qualifier is sufficiently difficult, so we have not seen much "over-qualifying". If anything, we've seen a little bit of the opposite, where people outperform their division out of the gate. But even that has been limited.

I think the Milestones (Gold, Silver, Bronze Class) help people to understand that their improvement is being recognized, and gives them smaller goals to shoot for. In general, division promotions are a major achievement, and a track record needs to be established before we make them.

EDK
Vaxen is away right now, but will inquire with him on his return.

Out of interest, do you know when Vaxen gets back? It's been 2 weeks since my submission (Granted, I did submit it the day after the last batch was processed :ouch: :dopey:). I'm away for a couple of days myself, but I should be able to check in from time to time, i'm hopeful that i'll be ranked by the end of the week so I can compete in WRS 26. Though the week 26 combo looks a little too challenging for me, so it's not that urgent :P Maybe intime for WRS 27 :)

Last edited:
Just submitted my times for the qualifier.
Awaiting my results *fingers crossed*. :D

I was thinking of qualifying for the WRS. I see everyone has the prefix GTP_ in front of their name. Is that something you get when you register for the WRS?

will having a psn id of GTP- and not GTP_ make any diferrence i have only submited my qualifier and if it dose i wiil have to do it again:ill:

will having a psn id of GTP- and not GTP_ make any diferrence i have only submited my qualifier and if it dose i wiil have to do it again:ill:

I don't think you'll have to nor should rerun the qualifier, but you will have to create a new PSN account with the proper GTP_ and request an admin to adjust/apply your qualifier manually... at least I think they'll do that for you.

Hopefullly you didn't make too much progress with that PSN ID in GT5 because you'll probably have to start that from scratch... but getting up to level 17 is about 30 minutes work with current seasonals so not too bad just to get to the level where you can run most cars used in the WRS (and stash just a little cash to buy them).

Someone else may know another way around your predicament, but at least you shouldn't have to redo quali.

can i submit a qualifier result anytime, or do i have to wait for a certain period where they will be accepted. also, if i read the guide right, i have to make an additional PSN id? fella13 that i have cant be used. i have to make a second one just for this? GTP_fella13?

hm post above answered the second half of my post.

I submitted my registry qualifier July 25th. I still haven't gotten a reply/notification. Should I be worried?

Facepalm. Thanks

Is that "Falepalm" over your division placement, or because you did not see where it was posted?

D3 Bronze is nothing to be ashamed of, you're faster than nearly half the registry members.

EDK
Is that "Falepalm" over your division placement, or because you did not see where it was posted?

D3 Bronze is nothing to be ashamed of, you're faster than nearly half the registry members.

You been drinking tonight Kev? Noticed a couple of typing errors in you're last couple of posts which seems unlike you :sly:

EDK

No, it's because I didn't know that I'd been placed in a division already. I have no shame in Div 3 Gold.

Don't feel bad about not recognizing you were placed in a division. I registered months ago but never got a reply back so I thought I was denied.

Apparently I just need to pay more attention. Time to see if I can move up the ranks!

Don't feel bad about not recognizing you were placed in a division. I registered months ago but never got a reply back so I thought I was denied.

Apparently I just need to pay more attention. Time to see if I can move up the ranks!

Sounds strange, Vaxen does a fantastic job of notifying everybody of their division placement. If he doesn't PM you, he normally always puts the new drivers in this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111999

I see you're name in D5 Silver which has been up there since early July

Last edited:
Submitted, finally :)

Very tricky qualifier to get the maximum out. Happy with the times, would have needed some real luck to do much better.

Great to be back, looking forward to some thrilling tt's!! :D

:cheers:

Submitted, finally :)

Very tricky qualifier to get the maximum out. Happy with the times, would have needed some real luck to do much better.

Great to be back, looking forward to some thrilling tt's!! :D

Welcome Timppaq 👍

Seeing you're name on the registry makes me nervous :scared::sly: A lot of people have told me how fast you are so I take it you may be in D1. If you are in D1 please be sure to leave room on the podium each week, with quiet a lot of the guys in D1 being fast, podiums are going to be hard to come by :sly:

Look forward to competing with you shortly:tup:

Thanks guys! And I did put 'at least as much effort' as I would have in a weekly combo, maybe a bit more tbh even, so I am hoping/aiming for D1. Easier to make the effort now than try to earn promotions me thinks :)

Back