GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 4 : Out for a Sunday Drive

• Thread starter EDK
  • 374 comments
New splits with a really fast final hairpin and 8 tenths improvement at the line.

If I could have my theoretical fastest time, I could jump littlelefty and racecar. I know what I need to do.

By the way: how is it possible to get 37 flat and even a 36.9 in sector 1?

Anyone have any tips for the hairpins? I'm locking up at them and I want to know the fastest way through and which carries bigger speed on the straight.

Luke on turn 2 (right hander) stay out wide, Let off the gas as you roll into turn 3 then power it through & up the hill section you will find you pull a better T1 due to the speed you're carried up the hill.

Luke on turn 2 (right hander) stay out wide, Let off the gas as you roll into turn 3 then power it through & up the hill section you will find you pull a better T1 due to the speed you're carried up the hill.

Thanks I'll give that a go.

I've just submitted the qualifier to vaxen. Can I run this?

You mods will have to decide whether you're allowed to participate or not, but the leaderboard only recognizes people who are in the official registry.

So if you're not in the official registry yet, your splits will not show up on the board and you will not be able to submit your official times to the bot.

But I see you are already in the official registry so this is not a problem.

CapeRingSouth.jpg

CapeRingSouth_1.jpg

CapeRingSouth_3.jpg

CapeRingSouth_4.jpg

Ohhh nice, love those. Thanks for sharing 👍

P.S.: Ianimera, don't worry, I haven't forgotten your suggestion :)

All the best
Maz

Thanks I'll give that a go.

Whilst I agree that you should let off for that left hander and roll in to the apex, you should be hugging the rumble strip in turn 2. You're just wasting time, you won't be scrubbing off any speed by staying close to the rumble.

I just can't get that dam left hander properly. I've even started trying to get deep in the last corner to set my self up nice for a fast start, watch my ghost a car length or so behind me as I enter the left hander then watch it sail past at T1 split!! Well I've picked up 0.150 at the line with a slower T1 but a much quicker T2 and T3.

T1: 37.639
T2: 19.417

Ohhh nice, love those. Thanks for sharing 👍

P.S.: Ianimera, don't worry, I haven't forgotten your suggestion :)

All the best
Maz

Thanks Maz, I was wondering about it the other day.
Also, congrats on your stunning qualifier time.

T1: 37.386
T2: 19.400

Vey close to my limit with those but lost a bit in T3 compared to my best. Might have one more go to try to tie them together. Finding the last corner :crazy: though.

T1: 37.890
T2: 19.983

Not much time today, but again, a better T1 and T3! Not sure it will get any better! :crazy:

Dammit LittleLefty, I had managed to get ahead of you earlier now I have to do it again.:(
On the bright side, if I manage to overtake you again I get Division win.:)

Hi all as I am new to this I have not yet had a chance to run the qualifier but thought i would turn a few laps to compare with the boys at work and as i beat them i thought i would put it up here and see how i compare with others.

S1: 36.650
S2: 19.487

BTW i have done this with a controller not a wheel.

Is there anywhere we can see/put the total lap time to see how our whole lap went

akmuq
Dammit LittleLefty, I had managed to get ahead of you earlier now I have to do it again.:(
On the bright side, if I manage to overtake you again I get Division win.:)

Not necessarily :) someone might have a really bloody good T3 time 👍

New splits: alight decrease at T2, but a .4 increase overall :)

T1: 37.640
T2: 19.638

Another go at this. Damn that hairpin. Go wide and fast or inside and slow. The debate continues.

And I don't know how you guys are getting such amazing times.

T1: 0'38.200
T2: 0'20.063

Is there anywhere we can see/put the total lap time to see how our whole lap went

Welcome to GTPlanet and the WRS.

As for posting your lap time, basically no.
You can wait for the results to be posted Monday and compare your time.
If you look at week 3's results you will notice it states (in red) that those who do not submit can not post their said times.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but that is part of the rules.
Have fun with the qualifier, submit it and join in on the fun.

If you want to see how you compare to the first 3 weeks combos go ahead and run them and compare your times.

Again, welcome.

Oh yeah, times to run some of this weeks combo. ;)

A bit better:

T1: 0'38.063 (had this time on 3 consecutive laps?)
T2: 0'19.762

BTW, ran the battery dead in 6 laps.

Ok, after about another day of driving this is what I've got. I'm not exactly sure where to send my total lap time though, who do I PM it to?

Cmmiller89
Ok, after about another day of driving this is what I've got. I'm not exactly sure where to send my total lap time though, who do I PM it to?

WRSFetchbot

All details in first post :)

Latest Posts

Back